Any posters here from the old ESPN message board days?

Got_Parka?

Funny enough, I do recall ESPN having a message board under each NFL team around 2007-2009ish? Haven't really been a part of the message board scene much prior to 2007 so can't comment on anything prior to that.

It was definitely inferior to the EMB and I didn't really post there much. @Got_Parka? I don't think you're lying, but you're probably not going to find your friends here.

Remember AOL Chat rooms, Yahoo Messenger and dial up internet?  Good times.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, NOTW said:

Yahoo messenger and Yahoo chat rooms definitely. 

And of course dial up. 

On 1/22/2022 at 5:22 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Nothing was fun in the dial up age of the internet. 

Can you imagine the match day threads on dial up, waiting an entire quarter for one bewbs post to load when we go behind.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Can you imagine the match day threads on dial up, waiting an entire quarter for one bewbs post to load when we go behind.

62m7gh.jpg

• Haha 3

I was on the espn board for about a month before I found the OG EMB. 

I originally found the EMB back in 2001- but didn't sign up, ended up signing up in 2002, got banned in 2005 after the SB meltdown I had. Got back on in 2007, Banned again in 2009 after that NGCCG meltdown. Switched to a clone account then. Back in the good ol RNR days, I had like 3 clone accounts. 

I cant remember all the clowns on the board back thenj, hell I can even remember all the Names I used. But my original name that got banned in 2005 was the name I have now. 🙂

signatures, bandwidth eating sigs, were the day. 

557342030_AHAT1.jpg.382afb14dd9c22a28ab9

I actually was part of the message board on TerrellOwens.com before being on this one. Once all the drama with TO started i realized I enjoyed message boards and found the EMB. Been on EMB and this amazing new EMB ever since.

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I actually was part of the message board on TerrellOwens.com before being on this one. Once all the drama with TO started i realized I enjoyed message boards and found the EMB. Been on EMB and this amazing new EMB ever since.

Ha ha I remember that one. 

43 minutes ago, greend said:

Anybody here members of the old pony express?

Those of us who were part of the old 'The Sporting News' boards back in the pre-McNabb days know who the real message board pioneers are.    It was all uphill...in the snow...sometimes waiting for a minute or more for even a single post to load.  Campfire tales of a future where you'd have to register with a username and password just to have access were enough to send some men screaming mad into the night...

pioneer-example.jpg.3a31678957c9bd3b74deef7fe8cf2dad.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Ha ha I remember that one. 

It was quite the place. I remember one time there was a contest for fans to come up with the best Touchdown celebration for TO to do in a game. The winner, TO would then do. I wish I could go back and look at all the entrants lol.

eaglesdigest.com message board began my journey. EMB didn't exist at that time. I think it was around 1996 or 1997. Can't remember for sure.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 5:26 PM, NOTW said:

I remember my buddy and I going into yahoo chat rooms and jus F’in with ppl as teens. Like the pregnancy ones. Good times 

On 1/22/2022 at 12:22 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Nothing was fun in the dial up age of the internet. 

Type, type, type.... beeeeeeeep.....click..... "Damn, my modem bumped me for the 20th time in an hour. Gonna take 25 minutes to get back online.  Sheet!!" 

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2022 at 4:26 PM, NOTW said:

a/s/l?

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Type, type, type.... beeeeeeeep.....click..... "Damn, my modem bumped me for the 20th time is an hour. Gonna take 25 minutes to get back online.  Sheet!!" 

I remember trying to play some of earlier multiplayer, first-person shooters (Team Fortress Classic, Counter-Strike, etc.) on dial-up.  The only upside was that it sorta taught you realistic shooting because you literally had to lead your targets before you fired to make up for lag on games with server-side hit prediction.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2022 at 9:52 PM, PoconoDon said:

eaglesdigest.com message board began my journey. EMB didn't exist at that time. I think it was around 1996 or 1997. Can't remember for sure.

I used to subscribe to that publication before it went on-line. I usually got the issue on Saturday to read about the last weeks game, lol.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

I used to subscribe to that publication before it went on-line. I usually got the issue on Saturday to read about the last weeks game, lol.

Same for me.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 11:26 PM, NOTW said:

Don't forget mIRC.

• Like 1

All I really remember about the earlier Eagles Message Board(not that ESPN board, I was never there) was a warning on the board title that read something to the effect of "DO NOT USE A TERM FOR WOMEN'S HYGEINE DEVICES" because we'd constantly post Tampon Bay

• Haha 1