Aaron Rodgers is a Discount Double Choker

wrestlevessel

17 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Thing is if he did want out of GB I'm not sure where else he can go that gives him a much better chance? They've got a really good defense that kept them in that. They have good weapons on offense (OK sure give him another) but they just need to add to that OL really which they could do in the off season. 

Tampa. He can be Brady's backup. :lol: 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nipples said:

I don’t care what else happened or what his stats were… he lead his offense to 10 points. 

Classic passer rating of 91.9 (out of 158.3) vs QBR 19.2 (out of 100). That second stat tells you all you need to know.  

No way he played a good game but a little in his defence to put some context around the 10 points, he wasn't helped out by a drive where they were moving the ball ending in a fumble, a blocked FG. SF played great at keep away in the 2nd half. Still simply too many drives where they couldn't get the ball moving and ending in punts from the Packers - he needed to be better

9 hours ago, Vee said:

He looked confused and indecisive for most of the game.  He looked horrible.  I was shocked that his pass/completion percentage was so good, did not accurately reflect his play.

I'm not sure where he would want to go.  Can Tennessee or Denver really provide a better shot?  I mean, I'd probably kick the tires on the Tennessee offer, but there's no place for him to go that will get him a better shot.  Not with what I watched yesterday...

You got to the AFC and you got to compete with  the Mahomes, Allen. And then the two younger upstarts in Burrow and Herbert.

NFC just doesn't have that level of competing QB play....easier path to SB for Rodgers next year I would have thought (as long as he thinks he can out-duel Hurts :ph34r:)

1 hour ago, kiwieagle said:

You got to the AFC and you got to compete with  the Mahomes, Allen. And then the two younger upstarts in Burrow and Herbert.

NFC just doesn't have that level of competing QB play....easier path to SB for Rodgers next year I would have thought (as long as he thinks he can out-duel Hurts :ph34r:)

Very true. Most of the teams that offer a strong D, surrounding cast and are a QB away are all in the AFC. I do see two legitimate options in the NFC, which may not necessarily be upgrades to GB.

Let's say the Rams beat the 49ers in the NFCCG and Garoppolo plays very poorly. Do the Niners try to convince Rodgers to join his childhood team, even with Trey Lance waiting in the wings?

Does Tom Brady finally retire this offseason, leaving the Bucs with a hole at QB with an unproven Kyle Trask? Does Rodgers join that core of Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Leonard Fournette, and Rob Gronkowski (if he chooses to still play).

If Rodgers convinces Davante Adams to follow him to either of these teams (not sure if even financially feasible with what they would both demand), maybe the 49ers or Bucs are really better for him than GB?

2 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Very true. Most of the teams that offer a strong D, surrounding cast and are a QB away are all in the AFC. I do see two legitimate options in the NFC, which may not necessarily be upgrades to GB.

Let's say the Rams beat the 49ers in the NFCCG and Garoppolo plays very poorly. Do the Niners try to convince Rodgers to join his childhood team, even with Trey Lance waiting in the wings?

Does Tom Brady finally retire this offseason, leaving the Bucs with a hole at QB with an unproven Kyle Trask? Does Rodgers join that core of Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Leonard Fournette, and Rob Gronkowski (if he chooses to still play).

If Rodgers convinces Davante Adams to follow him to either of these teams (not sure if even financially feasible with what they would both demand), maybe the 49ers or Bucs are really better for him than GB?

Washington? They have the D led by that line + McLaurin +Gibson. I don't think as talented as GB but if he is hellbent on change, that could be an option

Saints would be another with the D. Need WRs but they are in cap hell - no way they can afford him 

For all the slagging of Rodgers his post season record isn't a million miles off Peyton Manning, he absolutely could go somewhere else and win one. Hell the Broncos won the Superbowl despite Manning.

That's the big issue with trading for Rodgers, when the end comes for a QB it comes quickly. Manning had his career yardage and TD's in 2013 and was a rag armed liability by 2015, Brees went off a cliff in 2019 couldn't get healthy and his arm was gone by 2020,  Brett Favre was great 2009 and then completely shot in 2010

19 hours ago, nipples said:

And if THE OFFENSE puts up more than 10 points this thread doesn’t exist either. 

It’s not just one game, either. Rodgers has a history of his teams being upset in the playoffs. 

Fyp

42 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Fyp

Ok. Then what’s the point of having a great QB if he isn’t ultimately responsible for failure when the offense sucks?

Not sure I’ve seen a QB get as many free passes as Rodgers. 

On 1/23/2022 at 2:50 AM, Joe Shades 73 said:

Maybe he can go sell insurance for State Farm

Or become the new host on Jeop.......oh wait nevermind.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nipples said:

Ok. Then what’s the point of having a great QB if he isn’t ultimately responsible for failure when the offense sucks?

Not sure I’ve seen a QB get as many free passes as Rodgers. 

dan Marino says hi.  Dude actively sabotaged his running games.

18 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

Washington? They have the D led by that line + McLaurin +Gibson. I don't think as talented as GB but if he is hellbent on change, that could be an option

Saints would be another with the D. Need WRs but they are in cap hell - no way they can afford him 

Yeah, I would put both of those options below staying in GB. The only two comparable or "better" IMO would be 49ers or Bucs if he wants to stay in the NFC.

On 1/24/2022 at 2:52 AM, kiwieagle said:

Washington defense is completely overrated the freaking eagles defense has been better then them in almost every category the last 2 yrs. 

12 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Washington defense is completely overrated the freaking eagles defense has been better then them in almost every category the last 2 yrs. 

Weird thing was how much better they got when young got hurt.  Makes me think that DLine has too many playmakers and not enough lunch pailers.  Pokes DLine perennially has the same problem

38 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Weird thing was how much better they got when young got hurt.  Makes me think that DLine has too many playmakers and not enough lunch pailers.  Pokes DLine perennially has the same problem

Actually never thought about it like that. Good point. 

On 1/24/2022 at 4:19 AM, vaff said:

Has Patrick Mahomes already had a better career than the Discount Double Choker?

I think he will for sure, if not already.

On 1/23/2022 at 10:19 PM, vaff said:

Has Patrick Mahomes already had a better career than the Discount Double Choker?

In order to take a shot at Rodgers you have to compare him to one of the best we’ve ever seen. Even then, we don’t definitively know who is better.