Brandon Brooks officially retires

Cheesteakitis

I’m conflicted. A healthy line of Mailata-Dickerson-Kelce-Brooks-Johnson would have been one of the best we’ve ever had, but at the same time he’s been dead weight for 2 years and this will be great for our books.

• Like 4

I don't blame him, his body just wasn't keeping up. One of Howie's best deals and was crucial in the SB. Gonna miss him.

• Like 7

It's a shame and he was the best right Guard in football 2017 - 19 but he hasn't played much the last 2 seasons so it's not as big a blow as it would have been a few years ago. The big what if will always be what would've happened if he hadn't gone out of the game when we had the Saints on the ropes early in 2018.

• Like 9

The OL is officially an area of need now.  Brooks is gone.  Kelce is on the fence.  LJ is aging and misses time during the season for whatever reason.  This is the strength of the team.  If the OL is not addressed, the Eagles can quickly regress.

• Like 7

Sorry to here it, the man played lights out for us and was a big part of our SB run, I wish him a very happy retirement! 

10 minutes ago, Procus said:

The OL is officially an area of need now.  Brooks is gone.  Kelce is on the fence.  LJ is aging and misses time during the season for whatever reason.  This is the strength of the team.  If the OL is not addressed, the Eagles can quickly regress.

No it is not...but will be after next season

I hold nothing against him.  The guy is absolutely top-rate talent, but his body was betraying him, and his mind was waging a whole other war with him that he needs to devote time to address.  Clearly one of the best guards, skill-wise, to ever suit up for us, but we seem to have bad luck with extremely talent guards going south before their time due to injury/illness (see also, Shawn Andrews).  

Awesome player, sad to see him go, but he made the right decision, for himself and the team.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

How was he never selected to an all pro squad ??

I think because of Zack Martin

30 minutes ago, Procus said:

another thing of note after paying with things on overthecap. if the eagles trade Lane post june 1st or whatever it is his 15mil cap hit goes to like 8 dead cap and 7 cap savings... 

1 minute ago, Cheesteakitis said:

another thing of note after paying with things on overthecap. if the eagles trade Lane post june 1st or whatever it is his 15mil cap hit goes to like 8 dead cap and 7 cap savings... 

Who cares? We dont have better RT 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

You also then have 8 dead the following year.  The dead cap is not going away, it can just be spread out. 

1 minute ago, Vlad67 said:

Who cares? We dont have better RT 

might not be an issue just saying the eagles like to draft lineman and they still have dillard. if they think their old line isn’t going to hold up maybe they make a change.

Goodbye Brooks. Time to draft a 1st round, or second at the latest replacement.

I am thankful for all he accomplished for the Eagles. Nothing lasts forever. Time to look for the next RG

53 minutes ago, Procus said:

Even if Kelce retires you are still looking at Mailata-Seumalo-Dickerson-Driscoll-Johnson and that's a damn fine line.  The eagles already successfully rebuilt the line.

• Like 2

Favorite player. Best guard in the NFL for a while. But this writing was on the wall, so not really surprised. I wish him the best.

Guy was a monster when he was healthy and on the field. Unfortunately a Ferrari is no fun unless it leaves the garage. This leaves Seumalo, Opeta, Driscoll and Herbig with opportunities.

Congrats to Brooks and a HUGE thanks from one Eagles fan.

Congrats on a great career Brandon, Good luck with all your future ventures..

Eagles now have an extra $24 Mill in Cap space this season, I see the FO signing a top tier safety, CB, LG & WR..

Eagles to own the NFC Least this year....

Helped us win a Super Bowl and was brave to speak up about his mental health. Nothing but respect for this man.

• Like 1