Brady is a quitter

Boogyman

ESPN execs & Joe Buck are pleasuring themselves preparing endless Brady tributes.

It's gonna upstage the remaining teams in the playoffs. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NOTW said:

ESPN execs & Joe Buck are pleasuring themselves preparing endless Brady tributes.

It's gonna upstage the remaining teams in the playoffs. 

If you care.  It won’t distract me from the teams playing.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

If you care.  It won’t distract me from the teams playing.

You know they will talk about it during the broadcasts. 

But why did he have to announce it now? It just sounds like he’s trying to upstage the Championship Games (and even the Super Bowl) with his "look at me”…”pay me some attention” attitude!

He always had been a really poor loser, and can’t wish any other team well…so selfish to announce it at this moment in time!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, EagleTen said:

But why did he have to announce it now? It just sounds like he’s trying to upstage the Championship Games (and even the Super Bowl) with his "look at me”…”pay me some attention” attitude!

He always had been a really poor loser, and can’t wish any other team well…so selfish to announce it at this moment in time!

Not necessarily, teams out of the playoffs are preparing for next season already. 

• Like 1

But there’s nothing Tampa Bay can do now (at QB) that they can’t do in 2 weeks…

They could have made internal plans, but nothing can happen at QB until the league year starts…so why now, the day before the Championships?

It still sounds like attention seeking to me…but I fully appreciate everyone has their opinions, and are totally entitled to them.

1 hour ago, EagleTen said:

8 minutes ago, EagleTen said:

They could have made internal plans, but nothing can happen at QB until the league year starts…so why now, the day before the Championships?

It still sounds like attention seeking to me…but I fully appreciate everyone has their opinions, and are totally entitled to them.

We get it. You hate Tom Brady and are projecting. 

1 hour ago, EagleTen said:

It sounds like POSchefter stole the announcement from Brady.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SB52 said:

It sounds like POSchefter stole the announcement from Brady.

Good. F Brady. 

It sure does…especially with Brady’s roster bonus due on Friday…a little premature by Schefter, maybe…and I doubt Brady will be happy, if he’s had his thunder stolen.

Brady's father is claiming that Tom is NOT retiring. His agent isn't saying either way. Whatta Cluster F.

Sounds like he's retiring, but didn't want it announced yet. So he's not trying to take attention away from playoffs.

"Tom Brady told the Buccaneers he hasn’t made up his mind on retiring, AP reports" https://twitter.com/i/events/1487514974465392643?t=YJrMH29bCVOVFpG7al3kIQ&s=09

4 hours ago, EagleTen said:

Good points, as we see he wasn't trying to announce it now though. 

• Like 1

I'm no fan of Brady, but ripping him for the timing of an announcement he hasn't made is a bit much even for me.

• Like 2

The only ones attention-seeking are the media companies making content out of the speculation. It was heavy talking points on ESPN, NFL Network.... Tom Brady's own company TB12 Sports made an announcement on Twitter, then deleted it.

I feel like Brady will make it an official announcement when he is ready. He knows what is at stake. I think he makes it official this week, before all the Super Bowl hubbub, or after the Super Bowl is over. His podcast Let's Go drops on Friday.

1 hour ago, toolg said:

The only ones attention-seeking are the media companies making content out of the speculation. It was heavy talking points on ESPN, NFL Network.... Tom Brady's own company TB12 Sports made an announcement on Twitter, then deleted it.

I feel like Brady will make it an official announcement when he is ready. He knows what is at stake. I think he makes it official this week, before all the Super Bowl hubbub, or after the Super Bowl is over. His podcast Let's Go drops on Friday.

Exactly, he isnt gonna put in all that time just to half ass announce it on Twitter in the middle of the playoffs. That does the opposite of keeping the attention on him

Brady may like attention, but to be fair, should the greatest player of all time be reduced to announcing his retirement through a friend and sent out on social media while he is on vacation?  If anyone deserves a big announcement, it would be him.

If he was retiring and it leaked, I can see him not retiring just to spite the people that leaked it.  That seems like a Brady thing to do.

• Like 2