Brady is a quitter

Boogyman

10 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

Brady may like attention, but to be fair, should the greatest player of all time be reduced to announcing his retirement through a friend and sent out on social media while he is on vacation?  If anyone deserves a big announcement, it would be him.

If he was retiring and it leaked, I can see him not retiring just to spite the people that leaked it.  That seems like a Brady thing to do.

That would be hilarious and I hope he does!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33192441/tampa-bay-buccaneers-tom-brady-officially-announces-retirement

"I have always believed the sport of football is an 'all-in' proposition -- if a 100% competitive commitment isn't there, you won't succeed, and success is what I love so much about our game," Brady said in his statement on Instagram. "There is a physical, mental and emotional challenge EVERY single day that has allowed me to maximize my highest potential. And I have tried my very best these past 22 years. There are no shortcuts to success on the field or in life.

"This is difficult for me to write, but here it goes: I am not going to make that competitive commitment anymore. I have loved my NFL career, and now it is time to focus my time and energy on other things that require my attention. I've done a lot of reflecting the past week and have asked myself difficult questions. And I am so proud of what we have achieved. My teammates, coaches, fellow competitors, and fans deserve 100% of me, but right now, it's best I leave the field of play to the next generation of dedicated and committed athletes."

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I like it, short, simple and no shots at anyone on the way out. 

I'm not really a Tom Brady fan...... I can just appreciate the ridiculous amount of dedication he had to give to win 7 championships the last being on a different team to basically prove a point.

7 championships in the NFL is unreal, when you have some legends that only got there once and lost. 

38 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I like it, short, simple and no shots at anyone on the way out. 

I'm not really a Tom Brady fan...... I can just appreciate the ridiculous amount of dedication he had to give to win 7 championships the last being on a different team to basically prove a point.

7 championships in the NFL is unreal, when you have some legends that only got there once and lost. 

I actually liked him more in Tampa.  Getting away from the cold and all the angry negative northern fans and media and into the sunshine. getting drunk and tossing the trophy on a boat, livin his best life.  :lol:

18 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I actually liked him more in Tampa.  Getting away from the cold and all the angry negative northern fans and media and into the sunshine. getting drunk and tossing the trophy on a boat, livin his best life.  :lol:

Lol,  I've never seen Tom as vulnerable and fun as he was in Tampa. When he got piss drunk and was tossing that trophy I actually thought he was gonna hang them up then and that's why he was having such a blast. It would of been a great way to go out on top having a freaking home game super bowl in the sunshine! 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lol,  I've never seen Tom as vulnerable and fun as he was in Tampa. When he got piss drunk and was tossing that trophy I actually thought he was gonna hang them up then and that's why he was having such a blast. It would of been a great way to go out on top having a freaking home game super bowl in the sunshine! 

He got one more win against the Eagles in the playoffs.  Mother F'er!  

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

He got one more win against the Eagles in the playoffs.  Mother F'er!  

That's probably the real reason he wanted to stick around another season to stick it the Eagles! 

If a QB wins a super bowl and there is no one around to watch does Tom Brady shake.their hand? 😛 ( Lame attempt at the "tree in the woods making a sound") lol

On 1/29/2022 at 4:32 PM, EagleTen said:

But why did he have to announce it now? It just sounds like he’s trying to upstage the Championship Games (and even the Super Bowl) with his "look at me”…”pay me some attention” attitude!

He always had been a really poor loser, and can’t wish any other team well…so selfish to announce it at this moment in time!

He didn't want to announce it before Championship week.  Schefter upstaged him.

• Like 1

What I get a kick out of this Brady retirement is how many people feel like it affected them.  Patriot fans were pissed when he didn't mention his time there initially.  Other people are pissed that he didn't wait until after Championship games or the Super Bowl played out before making the announcement.  And the Eagle faithful are so fast to point out that the Eagles are the last team to beat him in a SB, and that they were the last team he beat.  Who cares?  The guy's been going through the grind for over 20 years.  He's set for life and wants to hang 'em up now.  He doesn't have to answer to anybody how he does it.  It's his time to kick back, and if I were him, those who weren't happy in the manner in which his retirement was announced can go pound sand.  F 'em.

Fair play to Brady his announcement was way better than the syrupy horseshit that Roethlisberger put out, 'Just a young man from...be all I can be for my family...first and foremost I have to thank the Lord' GTFOOH.