I have watched not a second of this - seems like all you hear about is controversy in the Olympics anymore.  I did see that the Russian skater who tested positive for a banned substance and was then still allowed to compete choked in the final and didn't medal.  

On 2/2/2022 at 9:40 PM, binkybink77 said:

We’ve been watching the live curling match for the last couple of hours. Anyone else tuning into this nailbiter? There is some serious sweeping going on. Hog line violation just kept us in it. Team USA! 

Was there really a hog line violation? I’ve never seen one.

Great Britain just curled as perfect a game as I’ve seen. No back-to-back gold for Schuster. He didn’t have his best day and the new guy came up kind of small.

On 2/16/2022 at 8:37 PM, LacesOut said:

Watching some more now. Crazy. Skiing down a mountain at like 60 MPH. I would not drive down a mountain at 30 MPH!!

One of dumbest/craziest things I did as a young man was shooting a double black diamond slope thinking I was a pro skier, with absolutely no intention or effort to slow down during the run.  Straight shot downhill.

It was a blur of trees and acceleration that definitely hit 50-60mph.  One mistake, and I would’ve Sony Bono’d right into one or more of those trees because there was no snow fencing like they have at the Olympics to keep me out of the woods if I lost control.  

All was good until the course was ending and leveled off.  That’s when I suddenly  realized I only had about 60 yards before traversing into another really steep, double black diamond run, which meant I was gonna shoot off the entry lip and go airborne for a loooong way before landing on the mountain face going extremely fast.

I tried to parallel stop hard to prevent that…which resulted in so much force that my boots detached from the bindings and I flew for quite a way before skidding to a stop juuuust before entering that next dropoff.  It was a miracle that I got away from that uninjured. Needless to say, I never did that again.

• Haha 2