It's Dougie in Jacksonville

Procus

2 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Will be interesting to see his Staff.

Well Laces, I guess you could say it won't be long.....

19 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

You don't remember that search?  Wasn't that long ago.  We "settled" for Doug.  All the hot names went elsewhere.

Yes, that was the hot take on WIP

7 minutes ago, paco said:

Yes, that was the hot take on WIP

And in the media and pretty much what everybody was saying outside the Novacare.  Don't you have lasagna to bake or something?  Shoo!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

And in the media and pretty much what everybody was saying outside the Novacare.  Don't you have lasagna to bake or something?  Shoo!

:lol:  

So do you think a coach or two coming in for an interview going somewhere else and taking a job before a second interview is some sort of rare occurrence?   Because honestly that’s the only way I could fathom the hot take of "it’s a job no one wanted” could possibly be birthed from

Nobody wanted the Colts job in 2018.  You know this because they hired McDaniels, he took one look around, said "nope” and they had to "settle” on Frank Reich

See how it works?  This is the sports media formula during the lulls of February. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

someone went uni shopping and got a good fit. sheeeeeeeeesh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, paco said:

Nobody wanted the Colts job in 2018.  You know this because they hired McDaniels, he took one look around, said "nope” and they had to "settle” on Frank Reich

You remember what a supposed mess the Eagles head coach hiring process was in 2016?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Procus said:

You remember what a supposed mess the Eagles head coach hiring process was in 2016?

They interviewed Gase, who then went down for an interview with Miami.  Stayed down there while the Eagles set up a second interview but he accepted the Miami job before the Eagles had a chance to have their second interview.  Same thing with MacAdoo and NY.  This literally happens EVERY year.

Also, they spoke with Tom Coughlin, but he, a notorious control freak, wasn't sure how the staff would shake out and withdrew consideration.

Did I miss anything?  If not, no, that is not a "mess".  But it sure gives sports talk show hosts and blog writers something to spin as drama for the average idiot to gobble up.  Present what happened, claim its because (in this case, "no one wants the job" as our local contrarian put it), and watch the calls\clicks come in.  Certainly more exciting than speculating other factors like Florida not having state income tax or NY being a HUGE market.

If Pederson is successful with the Jags just know that Lurie and Howie need to be run out of town.

30 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

If Pederson is successful with the Jags just know that Lurie and Howie need to be run out of town.

Howie needs to be run out of town regardless

31 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Howie needs to be run out of town regardless

No doubt, but as long as Lurie is the owner that ain't gonna happen, it's the fans that need to run Lurie out of town by letting him know his meddling is unacceptable, make him think "I don't need this", it's either both of them or none of them.

18 hours ago, Toty said:

He finally figured out to go to his interview in blackface

Jesus Christ dude.  Get waterboarded m'fer

I am confused; we can't mention black face but we can hope waterboarding??  ****'s the neighborhood.

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2022 at 7:13 PM, EagleVA said:

I don't disagree with your sentiment but it's tough to run the owner out of town.

3 hours ago, eglz1 said:

I don't disagree with your sentiment but it's tough to run the owner out of town.

The fans ran Norman Braman out of town.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff Lurie is actually one of the better owners in the NFL.

The blind loyalty to Howie and reported increased input from Lurie in draft decisions makes that hard to believe right now, but we have two owners in our same division that you can argue are worse in terms of meddling too much: Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones

Keep Jeff Lurie but find a new GM that won't get cute on draft day and listens to his scouts.

On 2/6/2022 at 2:52 PM, EagleVA said:

The fans ran Norman Braman out of town.

No - the other owners ran Braman out when he threatened to sue the league.

19 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Jeff Lurie is actually one of the better owners in the NFL.

The blind loyalty to Howie and reported increased input from Lurie in draft decisions makes that hard to believe right now, but we have two owners in our same division that you can argue are worse in terms of meddling too much: Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones

Keep Jeff Lurie but find a new GM that won't get cute on draft day and listens to his scouts.

Tallest midget lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Tallest midget lol

Sure, if you want to make that analogy 😄

Seriously though, I think if Jeff Lurie had a GM with a traditional scouting background and track record, it would also cut down on the need for him to meddle in personnel decisions.

There are many teams that have cycled through several coaches from 1999-now. We had Reid, Kelly, Pederson, and now Sirianni with all 4 of them taking us to the playoffs once at worst, several playoff appearances with Super Bowl berth at best, and of course our Super Bowl win in 2017 with Pederson. Have to give credit where credit is due.

There's not that many teams out there that have had less than 4 head coaches in that time span. The Steelers, Patriots, Ravens, and Packers (not counting interim HC) come to mind, but that's a very select group.

1 hour ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Seriously though, I think if Jeff Lurie had a GM with a traditional scouting background and track record, it would also cut down on the need for him to meddle in personnel decisions.

Jeff clearly doesn't want a GM like that. 

On 2/4/2022 at 5:15 PM, EagleVA said:

No doubt, but as long as Lurie is the owner that ain't gonna happen, it's the fans that need to run Lurie out of town by letting him know his meddling is unacceptable, make him think "I don't need this", it's either both of them or none of them.

I think it's kind of hard to run the owner out of town

On 2/21/2022 at 11:20 AM, Procus said:

No - the other owners ran Braman out when he threatened to sue the league.

Why did he threaten to sue league?

Just now, gameshowfan91 said:

Why did he threaten to sue league?

Braman did not have a good relationship with the players - especially after Buddy was fired.  Initially, the league provided the Eagles with significant draft pick compensation (I believe it was when they lost Reggie - but not sure), but at some point in time they stopped doing so.  Braman threatened to sue because of this.