Non-Eagles games that could be moved to Saturday if there is no college football this fall

Wallyhorse

There has been talk that because a considerable number of schools may be unable to have college football this fall, the NFL would move some games from Sunday to Saturday to fill that void.  With that in mind, there are some games slated in particular for singleheader slots on Sundays that normally would not make sense, but I think the NFL is exploring the possibility of actually having Saturday games, possibly at 1:00, 4:30 and 8:15 PM this fall most likely between CBS, FOX and NFL Network (most likely if every week, NFL Network at 1:00 with CBS and FOX alternating the two late slots) with some exceptions when FOX has MLB Playoff games in most likely November.  

This thread is for NON-Eagles games that are most likely candidates to be moved to Saturday afternoon or night depending on importance (I had a separate thread for Eagles games that was merged with the schedule prediction thread that can be reached here).  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If it’s difficult for college, I don’t see the NFL being much better off. We may not get either. 

If college football is called off due to coronavirus, what makes you think they'll be playing NFL games?

14 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

If it’s difficult for college, I don’t see the NFL being much better off. We may not get either. 

But we have to we have the bell of the ball!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

But we have to we have the bell of the ball!

:lol:

She can still go for that I suppose. 

This could be the perfect opportunity to have an NFL game every night. Get ready for those Wednesday night games!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

This could be the perfect opportunity to have an NFL game every night. Get ready for those Wednesday night games!

And Black Friday!

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

And Black Friday!

In London!

47 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

In London!

Everybody has off!!

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 10:31 AM, toolg said:

If college football is called off due to coronavirus, what makes you think they'll be playing NFL games?

The NFL may also have problems, however, their problems may not be anywhere near as bad as college football. 

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's like you know my weakness. :lol: 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It's like you know my weakness. :lol: 

When there's nothing else on TV that I want to watch, I usually put a Friends season on, so I actually just watched that episode about a week ago. 

• Like 1

People actually like Friends? I seriously thought the only reason why people watched it is because Seinfeld had made it a habit for them to watch that night.

16 hours ago, Fresh_Prince said:

People actually like Friends? I seriously thought the only reason why people watched it is because Seinfeld had made it a habit for them to watch that night.

I never watched Friends when it was still airing. I only watched it on VHS and DVDs after the fact. I never liked Seinfeld personally. 

19 hours ago, Fresh_Prince said:

It's probably the last network show (besides Survivor), that I've watched. I'd much rather watch episodes of Friends that I've seen more times that I'd ever admit to, than watch any news/current events stuff, right now. 

There's a lot of good stuff in the show though. I don't care how many times I've seen it, I still laugh at it. 

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I never watched Friends when it was still airing. I only watched it on VHS and DVDs after the fact. I never liked Seinfeld personally. 

When it was airing, I watched it off and on during its first 3 or 4 seasons, then I started working credit card fraud investigations for BoA and had to work nights so I rarely caught episodes up until I got my first DVR in 2003 (or maybe it was 2004). So the majority of my viewing of the episodes has been after the fact, too. I have the entire series on my home server (digital format), so it's one of those shows that I can put it on and let an entire season play in the background while I'm working or just puttering around on the internet. In fact, while I was setting up things here in the new EMB, Ross and Emily were getting married ... In London!

Seinfeld was actually a show that I did try to catch as often as I could, when it was airing. I didn't particularly like how it ended though. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's probably the last network show (besides Survivor), that I've watched. I'd much rather watch episodes of Friends that I've seen more times that I'd ever admit to, than watch any news/current events stuff, right now. 

There's a lot of good stuff in the show though. I don't care how many times I've seen it, I still laugh at it. 

When it was airing, I watched it off and on during its first 3 or 4 seasons, then I started working credit card fraud investigations for BoA and had to work nights so I rarely caught episodes up until I got my first DVR in 2003 (or maybe it was 2004). So the majority of my viewing of the episodes has been after the fact, too. I have the entire series on my home server (digital format), so it's one of those shows that I can put it on and let an entire season play in the background while I'm working or just puttering around on the internet. In fact, while I was setting up things here in the new EMB, Ross and Emily were getting married ... In London!

Seinfeld was actually a show that I did try to catch as often as I could, when it was airing. I didn't particularly like how it ended though. 

The funny thing about the episodes in London, when I watch TV shows, I will laugh at funny stuff, but no reactions otherwise. The one exception was I actually gasped when Ross said "Rachael” at the wedding. Totally caught me off guard. 

6 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

VHS?? Lol

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

VHS?? Lol

Yup. We had them about 75 years ago when we was youngin’s. 😂

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yup. We had them about 75 years ago when we was youngin’s. 😂

I have a copy of Kazaam still in the wrapper if you want to borrow it lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

VHS?? Lol

Before I got my first DVR (a TiVo), I can remember recording an episode of Friends for a friend at the bank and taking it to her before her shift ended. I had off that day and she didn't want to miss the show. It was the one where Ross and Joey were dating and were supposedly going to consummate their dating relationship but Rachel kept slapping Joey, then a little later in the episode, kneed him in his 'misters'.

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I have a copy of Kazaam still in the wrapper if you want to borrow it lol

I still have a copy of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, unopened... but I think it's on Beta... the first VCRs that my father bought (back in the early 80's) were Beta machines. Which were superior to VHS but the format eventually died and VHS won the war. 

6 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

The funny thing about the episodes in London, when I watch TV shows, I will laugh at funny stuff, but no reactions otherwise. The one exception was I actually gasped when Ross said "Rachael” at the wedding. Totally caught me off guard. 

I think a lot of people gasped at that lol. When they filmed that, they got rid of the live audience before doing that scene so that it wouldn't leak out. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I think a lot of people gasped at that lol. When they filmed that, they got rid of the live audience before doing that scene so that it wouldn't leak out. 

Interesting. I didn’t know that. 

22 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Interesting. I didn’t know that. 

I don't think that this was where I heard that, but this was interesting anyway.