Non-Eagles games that could be moved to Saturday if there is no college football this fall

Wallyhorse

49 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Before I got my first DVR (a TiVo), I can remember recording an episode of Friends for a friend at the bank and taking it to her before her shift ended. I had off that day and she didn't want to miss the show. It was the one where Ross and Joey were dating and were supposedly going to consummate their dating relationship but Rachel kept slapping Joey, then a little later in the episode, kneed him in his 'misters'.

I still have a copy of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, unopened... but I think it's on Beta... the first VCRs that my father bought (back in the early 80's) were Beta machines. Which were superior to VHS but the format eventually died and VHS won the war. 

I'm actually old enough to have had a bunch of VHS tapes and recording stuff on them lol. It's just funny to think how far we have come. Now I want nothing to do with tapes or DVDs lol. I still have a vhs DVD combo lol

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm actually old enough to have had a bunch of VHS tapes and recording stuff on them lol. It's just funny to think how far we have come. Now I want nothing to do with tapes or DVDs lol. I still have a vhs DVD combo lol

One of my brothers just sent me a DVD/VHS combo to put in my attic for him. It's brand new, unopened and never used. He got it with his reward points on one of his credit card, years ago and just never used it. He's living in an apartment, so it was just kind of in his way, so I'll put it in my attic for him. 

At some point, I want to transfer all of my WKRP's from Beta to digital. But it's a lot of work to do. They came out with DVD's of the series, but they replaced 95% (of not all) of the classic music with generic 'elevator' type music. My Beta copies have all of the original music intact. 

35 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't think that this was where I heard that, but this was interesting anyway. 

Yeesh. 42 minutes. Will have to watch that when I get home lol. 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yeesh. 42 minutes. Will have to watch that when I get home lol. 

It was a 1 hour special that they did, showing how shows are written, staged, filmed and everything that goes into making a TV show. Right down to entertaining the live audience. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 3:33 AM, EagleJoe8 said:

I never watched Friends when it was still airing. I only watched it on VHS and DVDs after the fact. I never liked Seinfeld personally. 

The image below is from season 4, episode 3. Notice the picture on the sports page? McNabb.

McNabb.JPG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The image below is from season 4, episode 3. Notice the picture on the sports page? McNabb.

McNabb.JPG

Nice find lol. 

16 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Nice find lol. 

I actually noticed it years ago, but just looked up the headlines on the page a few days ago to see when it was from and confirm that it was McNabb. 

25 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Damn guys. I've seen threads get highjacked before but damn. 

Not the first time, and probably not the last time VaBeach and I highjack a thread with Friends commentary lol. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Not the first time, and probably not the last time VaBeach and I highjack a thread with Friends commentary lol. 

Better then you engaging with wallyhorse 😋

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Better then you engaging with wallyhorse 😋

:lol: 

On 8/22/2020 at 5:44 PM, 20dawk4life said:

Damn guys. I've seen threads get highjacked before but damn. 

And for.....Friends!  Seriously, that show??? SMH.

;)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

And for.....Friends!  Seriously, that show??? SMH.

;)

Friends is awesome!