Wilson to the Broncos!

dawkins4prez

2 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Holy Smokes the NFC sucks now.

It’s ours for the taking!!!!

Packers won’t be able to afford anyone else after giving discount double check 50 million a year. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

It’s ours for the taking!!!!

Packers won’t be able to afford anyone else after giving discount double check 50 million a year. 

Especially if they pay adams too!

Thank god, now maybe the nitwits at WIP can stop talking about qbs that won’t be here! 

• Like 2

Very curious about the package.

The one that Denver sent.

And Russels :drool: 

Thats alot of meatballs to trade for Russ. Hopefully it doesnt backfire for Denver but I am not very optimistic lol

6 minutes ago, Wormlegs said:

Thats alot of meatballs to trade for Russ. Hopefully it doesnt backfire for Denver but I am not very optimistic lol

They have a really strong receiver corps IMO. I’ve always felt Sutton was a 1300 yard guy waiting for the right QB. And Jeudy is Jeudy. Patrick is a strong number #3, 700+ yards each of the last 2 seasons

6 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

They have a really strong receiver corps IMO. I’ve always felt Sutton was a 1300 yard guy waiting for the right QB. And Jeudy is Jeudy. Patrick is a strong number #3, 700+ yards each of the last 2 seasons

It will be interesting to see how they look this year. Its alot to give up for 1 player and I hope it doesnt blow up in their face by setting them back in other positions or for the next few years with the loss of picks. 

Drew Lock and multiple 1st rd picks headed to Seattle.  Some more stuff but not known yet.

edit//

1st Round Pick 1st Round Pick 2nd Round Pick 2nd Round Pick 5th Round Pick Drew Lock Shelby Harris Noah Fant

Broncos Receive: Russell Wilson 4th Round Pick

10 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Drew Lock and multiple 1st rd picks headed to Seattle.  Some more stuff but not known yet.

edit//

1st Round Pick 1st Round Pick 2nd Round Pick 2nd Round Pick 5th Round Pick Drew Lock Shelby Harris Noah Fant

Broncos Receive: Russell Wilson 4th Round Pick

😳 glad Howie didn’t try to outbid that 

8 minutes ago, DBW said:

2/3 of the 1st rd picks in '22 a 2nd-3rd rdr in 2023 & Hurts would have gotten it done.  It's not a terrible price tag.

18 minutes ago, DBW said:

Howie doesn't get that crazy for players.  

I'm actually surprised Fant was included

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

2/3 of the 1st rd picks in '22 a 2nd-3rd rdr in 2023 & Hurts would have gotten it done.  It's not a terrible price tag.

Wilson went on record as saying he didn't want to come to the East coast.  What about that is so hard for people to get?  He wasn't coming here even if the Eagles were willing to pay Seattle's price.

8 minutes ago, Procus said:

Wilson went on record as saying he didn't want to come to the East coast.  What about that is so hard for people to get?  He wasn't coming here even if the Eagles were willing to pay Seattle's price.

Easy there cowboy, I'm just putting together a similar package from Philly to give an idea of what Denver gave up.  keep it mind for future reference.

31 minutes ago, paco said:

I'm actually surprised Fant was included

Fant and Shelby are good players in their primes at positions of need for Seattle, but hardly irreplaceable.  Lock is just Seattle taking on the contract, wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't make the roster.

Fant and Shelby are good players in their primes at positions of need for Seattle, but hardly irreplaceable.  Lock is just Seattle taking on the contract, wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't make the roster.

I get that.  It's just that Wilson seemed to really like the offensive weapons there, so including one in the package seemed odd.  

When the trade dropped, I assumed it would be picks and no players for Wilson to give Denver a chance to go all in.

3 minutes ago, paco said:

I get that.  It's just that Wilson seemed to really like the offensive weapons there, so including one in the package seemed odd.

Zach Ertz?

Just now, dawkins4prez said:

Zach Ertz?

Perhaps.  But Fant is a 1st round pick on a rookie contract.  Made a lot of sense to keep him IMO.

Whatever, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.  Just surprised me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paco said:

Perhaps.  But Fant is a 1st round pick on a rookie contract.  Made a lot of sense to keep him IMO.

Whatever, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.  Just surprised me.

For sure one of the better assets Denver gave up.  But he's not even a top 10 TE or on a trajectory to be one.  Replaceable.

For sure one of the better assets Denver gave up.  But he's not even a top 10 TE or on a trajectory to be one.  Replaceable.

Dumping him to put the decision on exercising his 5th year option on Seattle perhaps?

1 minute ago, paco said:

Dumping him to put the decision on exercising his 5th year option on Seattle perhaps?

I think they'll sign him long term, decent contract.  The blow up is probably not over, Metcalf could be next.

That's a huge deal... I'm so glad we didn't end up giving up good kind of package for Wilson. Phew!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

I think they'll sign him long term, decent contract.  The blow up is probably not over, Metcalf could be next.

JJAW for Metcalf straight up.  Was drafted higher and won't cost as much to re-sign!!!!

• Like 2