Outlaw Mock Draft v2.0 3.28.2022

Outlaw

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

We’ll see. If they get a Johnson, Karlaftis, etc at 15 (or after a trade up) you can pencil that DE in at #3. They know Barnett is a rotational guy at best. 

Those 2 maybe I can partially believe cause they're more polished. Mafe is too raw to leapfrog Barnett. 

Still.. even Kerrigan frustrated the heck out of us for all the playing time he got (over the rookies too) despite his lack of production and impact and Barnett is significantly better than that... even tho he's still marginal

4 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Those 2 maybe I can partially believe cause they're more polished. Mafe is too raw to leapfrog Barnett. 

Still.. even Kerrigan frustrated the heck out of us for all the playing time he got (over the rookies too) despite his lack of production and impact and Barnett is significantly better than that... even tho he's still marginal

The only rookie they had was Tarron Jackson and he’s a developmental guy from day 3. Not a R1 pick. Milton started getting some DE snaps yes, but his primary role is rushing inside. 

Just now, Outlaw said:

The only rookie they had was Tarron Jackson and he’s a developmental guy from day 3. Not a R1 pick. 

Milton Williams splitting time between DT and DE as well

58 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Milton Williams splitting time between DT and DE as well

Mainly because Kerrigan and Barnett were garbage. So there you go…a rookie getting playing time at multiple positions. :lol:

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Mainly because Kerrigan and Barnett were garbage. So there you go…a rookie getting playing time at multiple positions. :lol:

Except that's not true given Barnett had 68% of the snaps and Kerrigan ended with 33% snap count on defense. Kerrigan could barely put up a stat and still played a third of the time when someone more useful could be playing and Barnett who has been more of a negative (penalties) than positive played more than even Sweat did (62%)

So no they both still very much blocked rookies from playing time despite being negatives on the field

6 hours ago, Overlord said:

Except that's not true given Barnett had 68% of the snaps and Kerrigan ended with 33% snap count on defense. Kerrigan could barely put up a stat and still played a third of the time when someone more useful could be playing and Barnett who has been more of a negative (penalties) than positive played more than even Sweat did (62%)

So no they both still very much blocked rookies from playing time despite being negatives on the field

They blocked a 6th round rookie with 4 vets in front of him, and a 3rd round rookie from kicking outside heavily. Much different when investing in a R1 rusher…especially with Kerrigan gone, Barnett’s contract being reduced significantly, and Jackson still being a day 3 2nd year player. Plus I have a feeling Gannon plays a lot of DT over C with a standup edge rusher, which will of course be Reddick. Still waiting to see your mock. 

5 hours ago, Outlaw said:

They blocked a 6th round rookie with 4 vets in front of him, and a 3rd round rookie from kicking outside heavily. Much different when investing in a R1 rusher…especially with Kerrigan gone, Barnett’s contract being reduced significantly, and Jackson still being a day 3 2nd year player. Plus I have a feeling Gannon plays a lot of DT over C with a standup edge rusher, which will of course be Reddick. Still waiting to see your mock. 

Kerrigan gone, Barnett reduced

But Reddick added and Graham returning

I'd say that's a net increase on ability to block a prospect

On 3/28/2022 at 11:52 AM, Outlaw said:

Hi guys, here is Mock Draft 2.0. This is post Reddick, Paschal, White signings...along with resigning Barnett, Scott (I don't have Ward or Harris making the 53).

Need a new one now. We've all been overcome by events. 

Just now, Rob331 said:

Need a new one now. We've all been overcome by events. 

Working on it. lol