Outlaw Mock Draft v2.0 3.28.2022

Outlaw

Hi guys, here is Mock Draft 2.0. This is post Reddick, Paschal, White signings...along with resigning Barnett, Scott (I don't have Ward or Harris making the 53).

The Draft

R1P15- Jordan Davis, DT Georgia: I debated heavy here between Davis and Wyatt. I think you can't go wrong either way, just depends if they're going attacking DT or a NT.

R1P16- TRADED TO Cincinnati: Eagles receive R1P31, R2P63, 2023 2nd, 2023 5th for R1P16. Cincinnati drafts Tyler Linderbaum.

R1P19- Andrew Booth, CB Clemson: Competes with Zech McPhearson for CB2 across from Slay.

R1P31- Boye Mafe, EDGE Minnesota: Mafe immediately impacts the rotation with Graham, Sweat, Barnett, Jackson with the ability to start in 2023.

R2P51- Alec Pierce, WR Cincinnati: Immediately penciled in at WR2, with the versatility to play big slot as well.

R2P63- Brandon Smith, LB Penn State: Smith gives us the best LB corps we've had in years. Edwards, Reddick, White, Taylor, Smith is a hell of a group compared to years past.

R3P83- Nick Cross, S Maryland: Nick will bring back a fear of going over the middle that we had during the Dawkins' years. Can cover most TE's.

R4P124- Brian Robinson Jr., RB Alabama: Plenty of tread left on the tires, and gives us the big-bodied 225lb North-South guy we need.

R5P152- Charlie Kolar, TE Iowa State: Needs to be trained up on blocking better, but has the size and athleticism (sub 7 3-cone and 4.67 40) to be a solid Move TE.

R5P162- Jamaree Salyer, G Georgia: Taken snaps at all 5 positions in his career, his versatility is his biggest strength. Stoutland can mold this kid into an eventual starter at G.

R5P166- Velus Jones, WR Tennessee: He will contribute mainly as a KR/PR and gunner, however I love his speed and athleticism long-term (4.31 40). 

R6P194- Matt Araiza, P San Diego State: Siposs sucks. With the punt god on the board, it was a no brainer here for the Birds.

The 53 (rookies in italics)

Offense [24]

QB[2]: Hurts, Minshew

RB[4]: Sanders, Robinson, Gainwell, Scott

WR[5]: Smith, Pierce, Watkins, Paschal, Reagor

TE[3]: Goedert, Kolar, Stoll

OT[4]: Mailata, Johnson, Dillard, Driscoll

OG[5]: Dickerson, Seumalo, Herbig, Salyer, Opeta

C[1]: Kelce

Defense [25]

DE[5]: Graham, Sweat, Mafe, Barnett, Jackson

DT[4]: Hargrave, Cox, Davis, Williams

LB[5]: Reddick, Edwards, White, Smith, Taylor

CB[6]: Slay, Booth, Maddox, McPhearson, Gowan, Scott

S[5]: Epps, Cross, Chachere, Vincent, Wallace

Special Teams [4]

K[1]: Elliott

P[1]: Araiza

LS[1]: Lovato

KR/PR[1]: Jones

This draft hits all of my 11 targeted needs for this year: EDGE, CB2, DT, S, WR2, TE2, RB, LB, G/C, KR/PR, and P. Thanks for reading.

• Like 6

Hey Outlaw. Nice work.

Love the trade with Cincy. And compensation seems about right. Had not thought of that before, but it makes perfect sense. Thinl I might incorporate it into my next draft.

Other picks are reasonable, but not high on Mafe as some are.

Araiza will definitely not make it that far.

But---overall, very nice.

ER

• Like 1

Lol Booth wouldnt complete with Zech, Booth would just start opposite of Slay. Great stuff

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eaglerick55 said:

Hey Outlaw. Nice work.

Love the trade with Cincy. And compensation seems about right. Had not thought of that before, but it makes perfect sense. Thinl I might incorporate it into my next draft.

Other picks are reasonable, but not high on Mafe as some are.

Araiza will definitely not make it that far.

But---overall, very nice.

ER

I think it's a fair trade, with the 2023 2nd = 2022 3rd mentality. Mafe is admittedly raw, but the potential is outstanding. He's an amazing athlete. I agree on Araiza, but could easily replace him with Camarda or Stout. I would take the corpse of Ray Guy over Siposs. :lol:

1 minute ago, philafan4o8 said:

Lol Booth wouldnt complete with Zech, Booth would just start opposite of Slay. Great stuff

Birds are higher on McPhearson then we are, but yes, I'd expect Booth to win that "competition" handily.

Thanks both of you.

Outlaw hits a bases clearing triple. 

Great draft and I would be thrilled. 

Only 1 possible improvement that I can see - a starter capable safety. If the Eagles sign one (Edmunds, Peppers, Neal) this won't bother me as much.

I expect Nelson to be a latte signing again and the loser of the battle between he and Booth will provide quality depth and injury protection.  

1 minute ago, Rob331 said:

Outlaw hits a bases clearing triple. 

Great draft and I would be thrilled. 

Only 1 possible improvement that I can see - a starter capable safety. If the Eagles sign one (Edmunds, Peppers, Neal) this won't bother me as much.

I expect Nelson to be a latte signing again and the loser of the battle between he and Booth will provide quality depth and injury protection.  

I think Cross easily has the traits necessary to win a starting job. Him and Epps would be a nice young tandem in the secondary.

I'd be really happy if the draft fell this way.  

I especially like the late picks.  Robinson, Kolar, and Salyer and all guys I've targeted when I run mock sims.

5 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I think Cross easily has the traits necessary to win a starting job. Him and Epps would be a nice young tandem in the secondary.

That, my friend, would be a huge gamble. Doesn't even seem like a boom or bust proposition. It seems more like a bust or average scenario. 

That being said, if we draft him, I sure hope you're right.

4 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

I especially like the late picks.  Robinson, Kolar, and Salyer and all guys I've targeted when I run mock sims.

4 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Glad to see someone new coming onto the best forum on the site. 

19 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Thanks. Really happy with day 3 there myself. 

14 hours ago, Rob331 said:

That, my friend, would be a huge gamble. Doesn't even seem like a boom or bust proposition. It seems more like a bust or average scenario. 

The Eagles want to play a 2 high safety alignment. Cross unlike many others in this draft is a FS, not a SS. 4.34 40, 37” vertical and a 130” broad jump show you the speed and athleticism he possesses. Also has good size at 6’ 212 and nice length. I have him as a solid round 3 grade, though many draft pundits have him potentially in the lower 2’s. The Eagles historically under Lurie undervalue the S position, so put the dreams of Kyle Hamilton, Dax Hill or Lewis Cine away. This kid’s combine was the talk of the group. 

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

idk... i dont see a lot of starting potential either now or in the immediate future

I do like Davis ofcourse but he will be DT3 at best now, maybe DT2 next year IF Fletch leaves.

Booth ofc is likely CB2 so that's good.

Mafe would be DE#5 (lets be real, fans like to think coaches will play prospects ahead of vets but that rarely happens), and maybe DE4 maaaaybe DE3 at best.

Pierce has potential but is very much a project rn too, so he most certainly will not be penciled in at WR2. Likely WR4 after Pascal, and thats assuming the staff doesn't continue to pander to Reagor and try to manufacture touches for him ahead of Pierce. Tho he does have the potential to rise to WR2/3 in a year if his route running dramatically improves.

Smith would be LB4 most likely off the bat behind TJ, White, Taylor. Maybe he flashes enough to beat out White or TJ but again coaches always prefer the vet over the rookie and Taylor is competing just the same for those 2 spots on the field and add in Reddick who will possibly split time at LB and DE, pushing Smith down further. Going forward the outlook is better tho, assuming one of TJ or White dont return the following year, but if they don't then we may never see Smith on the field beyond ST.

and Cross would be S3, behind Harris and Epps. Tho tbf that is in itself nearly a starting position for us. Lots of potential going forward tho given the uncertainty at that position.

Overall it's not so much that i have an issue with the positions. It's just the spots you select them at. This could be a pivotal draft if we get impact players that can make an impact early in their rookie contracts. The players you selected are 'ok' players but may take as long as year 3 or 4 of their contracts before they even see the field regularly in a starting role at which point we'll have had 2/3 FAs and drafts to replace them as well (See Davion Taylor who has shown flashes but going into year 3 of his contract and we've signed LBs in back to back years trying to better the position. Patience is low in the league.

23 minutes ago, Overlord said:

idk... i dont see a lot of starting potential either now or in the immediate future

I do like Davis ofcourse but he will be DT3 at best now, maybe DT2 next year IF Fletch leaves.

Booth ofc is likely CB2 so that's good.

Mafe would be DE#5 (lets be real, fans like to think coaches will play prospects ahead of vets but that rarely happens), and maybe DE4 maaaaybe DE3 at best.

Pierce has potential but is very much a project rn too, so he most certainly will not be penciled in at WR2. Likely WR4 after Pascal, and thats assuming the staff doesn't continue to pander to Reagor and try to manufacture touches for him ahead of Pierce. Tho he does have the potential to rise to WR2/3 in a year if his route running dramatically improves.

Smith would be LB4 most likely off the bat behind TJ, White, Taylor. Maybe he flashes enough to beat out White or TJ but again coaches always prefer the vet over the rookie and Taylor is competing just the same for those 2 spots on the field and add in Reddick who will possibly split time at LB and DE, pushing Smith down further. Going forward the outlook is better tho, assuming one of TJ or White dont return the following year, but if they don't then we may never see Smith on the field beyond ST.

and Cross would be S3, behind Harris and Epps. Tho tbf that is in itself nearly a starting position for us. Lots of potential going forward tho given the uncertainty at that position.

Overall it's not so much that i have an issue with the positions. It's just the spots you select them at. This could be a pivotal draft if we get impact players that can make an impact early in their rookie contracts. The players you selected are 'ok' players but may take as long as year 3 or 4 of their contracts before they even see the field regularly in a starting role at which point we'll have had 2/3 FAs and drafts to replace them as well (See Davion Taylor who has shown flashes but going into year 3 of his contract and we've signed LBs in back to back years trying to better the position. Patience is low in the league.

If coaches don't play draftees ahead of vets then it really doesn't matter who you take at all then, right? May as well just forfeit the draft altogether. That's honestly just such a weird hill to die on. :lol:

Considering your signature has DE/DT/S in the 1st (including Walker who we have zero chance of getting at 15, the same guy I have in Jordan Davis, and a 2nd round S at 19), LB in the second (one worse than Smith and at P51, not P63 like Smith), Pickens somehow falling into the middle of the 3rd round which isn't happening, and the same TE2 I took except a whole round earlier than his projections...I'd say my spots I'm selecting people at are far more realistic than yours. 

Also, this coaching staff has no problem playing rookies in key roles. See: Smith, Gainwell, Dickerson, Williams. If they earn it, they earn it. Pierce is immediately the 2nd most talented outside WR on this team, Davis is the 1st/2nd down DT, Booth is CB2, Cross can easily outplay Harris or Epps in TC to earn a spot as his athleticism is off the charts and he projects very well in a 2 high S scheme (and as you said, he's at minimum S3 which is almost a starter here), Mafe would more than be able to win the DE3 spot ahead of Barnett and Jackson because he is a far more talented pass rusher, Robinson is RB2 and short-yardage immediately, Jones is KR/PR and Araiza is the P. 

@downundermike I say we forfeit the EMB draft, none of these guys have a chance to get playing time ahead of such amazing vets like Derek Barnett.

On 3/28/2022 at 10:52 AM, Outlaw said:

The Draft

R1P15- Jordan Davis, DT Georgia: I debated heavy here between Davis and Wyatt. I think you can't go wrong either way, just depends if they're going attacking DT or a NT.

R1P19- Andrew Booth, CB Clemson: Competes with Zech McPhearson for CB2 across from Slay.

R1P31- Boye Mafe, EDGE Minnesota: Mafe immediately impacts the rotation with Graham, Sweat, Barnett, Jackson with the ability to start in 2023.

R2P51- Alec Pierce, WR Cincinnati: Immediately penciled in at WR2, with the versatility to play big slot as well.

R2P63- Brandon Smith, LB Penn State: Smith gives us the best LB corps we've had in years. Edwards, Reddick, White, Taylor, Smith is a hell of a group compared to years past.

R3P83- Nick Cross, S Maryland: Nick will bring back a fear of going over the middle that we had during the Dawkins' years. Can cover most TE's.

R4P124- Brian Robinson Jr., RB Alabama: Plenty of tread left on the tires, and gives us the big-bodied 225lb North-South guy we need.

R5P152- Charlie Kolar, TE Iowa State: Needs to be trained up on blocking better, but has the size and athleticism (sub 7 3-cone and 4.67 40) to be a solid Move TE.

R5P162- Jamaree Salyer, G Georgia: Taken snaps at all 5 positions in his career, his versatility is his biggest strength. Stoutland can mold this kid into an eventual starter at G.

R5P166- Velus Jones, WR Tennessee: He will contribute mainly as a KR/PR and gunner, however I love his speed and athleticism long-term (4.31 40). 

R6P194- Matt Araiza, P San Diego State: Siposs sucks. With the punt god on the board, it was a no brainer here for the Birds.

Nice job.  

Love: Davis, Booth, Smith, Robinson, Salyer, Araiza.  The rest I don't know enough about. I do want a future starting DE from this draft, hopefully Mafe would grow as you put into starter in 2023.

9 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Nice job.  

Love: Davis, Booth, Smith, Robinson, Salyer, Araiza.  The rest I don't know enough about. I do want a future starting DE from this draft, hopefully Mafe would grow as you put into starter in 2023.

He has the skillset for it. I considered double dipping later for DE and that may be the smarter way to go. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

If coaches don't play draftees ahead of vets then it really doesn't matter who you take at all then, right? May as well just forfeit the draft altogether. That's honestly just such a weird hill to die on. :lol:

Considering your signature has DE/DT/S in the 1st (including Walker who we have zero chance of getting at 15, the same guy I have in Jordan Davis, and a 2nd round S at 19), LB in the second (one worse than Smith and at P51, not P63 like Smith), Pickens somehow falling into the middle of the 3rd round which isn't happening, and the same TE2 I took except a whole round earlier than his projections...I'd say my spots I'm selecting people at are far more realistic than yours. 

Also, this coaching staff has no problem playing rookies in key roles. See: Smith, Gainwell, Dickerson, Williams. If they earn it, they earn it. Pierce is immediately the 2nd most talented outside WR on this team, Davis is the 1st/2nd down DT, Booth is CB2, Cross can easily outplay Harris or Epps in TC to earn a spot as his athleticism is off the charts and he projects very well in a 2 high S scheme (and as you said, he's at minimum S3 which is almost a starter here), Mafe would more than be able to win the DE3 spot ahead of Barnett and Jackson because he is far more talented pass rusher, Robinson is RB2 and short-yardage immediately, Jones is KR/PR and Araiza is the P. 

@downundermike I say we forfeit the EMB draft, none of these guys have a chance to get playing time ahead of such amazing vets like Derek Barnett.

congrats at reading and not understanding just because you received a response that was negative

and disregard my sig... it was made back in January. 21k posts, figured you'd have been around long enough to notice peoples sigs grow out of date pretty fast lol

after the petty stuff, Gainwell was getting pushed down the depth chart all year to the chagrin of the fans lol, he was RB2 for the few games we played early on when we barely ran the ball and then got pushed down to RB3/4 when Scott and Howard started to get on the field. Dickerson was injury replacement and lucky (for him) at that cause Seumalo and Brooks weren't going to be benched for him mid season if not for injury. But relying on an injury for a draftee to get playing time is poor judgement cause while injuries always happen you cant predict who or when. So including specifically Gainwell but also Dickerson is a strange argument to go with.

fwiw: Gainwell 29% of the snaps, Williams 41%.

again, Pierce, love the athletic potential but you're over estimating his readiness if you think he'll immediately be on the field. Even as the featured WR on what ended up being a playoff team he struggled to put up numbers. His rawness is similar to Reagor coming out (not saying he's comparable as a player just in how raw they were). Davis will eventually be the 1st/2nd down DT but who are you stapling to the bench on those downs Fletch or Hargraves? no doubt he'll play, as i said i do like Davis. Athletic profile doesnt earn starting spots in regards to Cross, maybe down the road he can take over a starting spot but im not the only one thats sus on the idea of him immediately coming in and taking over a spot and in order to do so we would need either Epps or Harris to play badly enough to bench them.  As for Mafe, I have Graham, Sweat, Reddick (pass rusher so ofc he'll have DE snaps), Barnett ahead of him. Sure he has potential but again he's a guy thats incredibly raw and wasnt overly productive even in college. So to ask him to beat out Barnett is a tall task, we might not like Barnett for his bone headed penalties and recent lack of pass rush productivity but he's stable and good against the run. Mafe may get occasional passing down plays as a pure rusher but even then you might see Reddick or Sweat or heck even Milton Williams slotting in ahead of him.

the rest of your draft im actually fine with. 4th rnd and beyond is all about depth. I just think you're going too hard on just bolstering depth in the 1st three rounds instead of looking for impact players. "This could be a pivotal draft if we get impact players that can make an impact early in their rookie contracts. The players you selected are 'ok' players but may take as long as year 3 or 4 of their contracts before they even see the field regularly"

2 minutes ago, Overlord said:

congrats at reading and not understanding just because you received a response that was negative

and disregard my sig... it was made back in January. 21k posts, figured you'd have been around long enough to notice peoples sigs grow out of date pretty fast lol

after the petty stuff, Gainwell was getting pushed down the depth chart all year to the chagrin of the fans lol, he was RB2 for the few games we played early on when we barely ran the ball and then got pushed down to RB3/4 when Scott and Howard started to get on the field. Dickerson was injury replacement and lucky (for him) at that cause Seumalo and Brooks weren't going to be benched for him mid season if not for injury. But relying on an injury for a draftee to get playing time is poor judgement cause while injuries always happen you cant predict who or when. So including specifically Gainwell but also Dickerson is a strange argument to go with.

fwiw: Gainwell 29% of the snaps, Williams 41%.

again, Pierce, love the athletic potential but you're over estimating his readiness if you think he'll immediately be on the field. Even as the featured WR on what ended up being a playoff team he struggled to put up numbers. His rawness is similar to Reagor coming out (not saying he's comparable as a player just in how raw they were). Davis will eventually be the 1st/2nd down DT but who are you stapling to the bench on those downs Fletch or Hargraves? no doubt he'll play, as i said i do like Davis. Athletic profile doesnt earn starting spots in regards to Cross, maybe down the road he can take over a starting spot but im not the only one thats sus on the idea of him immediately coming in and taking over a spot and in order to do so we would need either Epps or Harris to play badly enough to bench them.  As for Mafe, I have Graham, Sweat, Reddick (pass rusher so ofc he'll have DE snaps), Barnett ahead of him. Sure he has potential but again he's a guy thats incredibly raw and wasnt overly productive even in college. So to ask him to beat out Barnett is a tall task, we might not like Barnett for his bone headed penalties and recent lack of pass rush productivity but he's stable and good against the run. Mafe may get occasional passing down plays as a pure rusher but even then you might see Reddick or Sweat or heck even Milton Williams slotting in ahead of him.

the rest of your draft im actually fine with. 4th rnd and beyond is all about depth. I just think you're going too hard on just bolstering depth in the 1st three rounds instead of looking for impact players. "This could be a pivotal draft if we get impact players that can make an impact early in their rookie contracts. The players you selected are 'ok' players but may take as long as year 3 or 4 of their contracts before they even see the field regularly"

No worries at all. Just very interested to see yours since you say your sig is outdated. Please put up a mock so we can compare, I truly would like to see your impact players...

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

No worries at all. Just very interested to see yours since you say your sig is outdated. Please put up a mock so we can compare, I truly would like to see your impact players...

I dont have one cause i keep flip flopping around between wut i would do between taking a WR in rnd1 or LB or DT or CB (this dependent on which are available tbh).

I dont mind the positions you took obvs, but the order you took them i would change. So between DE, WR, LB, and S i would draft in a different order than you. I dont believe any DE you take will have big impact for the 1st couple years so long as Graham, Sweat and now Reddick are around. So I instead would look for something more impactful in the near term. Maybe a Brisker, Hill, Cine whether it be late 1st or in the 2nd (you can only pick with the picks you have, if you dont think they'll reach your next pick you then you gotta do it).

There are other WRs that would make a more immediate impact: Wilson, Burks rnd 1. Bell, Moore, Dotson, Pickens maybe rnd 2. Someone with more polish that will actually see the field instead of needing time to sit and learn (which would be more ideal for a team that can stand to sit a develop him)

LB is something that constantly troubles me. We have an OK group. So i dont believe we need to add more JAGs to the position. This LB group seems deep in the draft with guys like Muma, Chenal, Walker, Smith etc. and yet i dont think it's worth adding those guys when we have TJ, White, Reddick, Taylor, Bradley etc already on the roster. If i were to go LB id ideally go for Lloyd but Dean is also a possibility. Only because the only thing our group needs is a star, not just another body (or player that may take a couple years to grow, since we already have that in Taylor)

So if i were using the picks you have including that mock trade:

15 WR Garrett Wilson

19 LB Devin Lloyd

31 S Daxton Hill

51 CB Roger McCreary

63 DT Demarvin Leal/Travis Jones

83 DE Gunter/Engabare/Jackson

Immediate impacts in WR, LB and S, while still getting a quality CB (tho i could totally be convinced to go CB before S with say a McDuffie/Booth/Elam and Brisker/Cine combo) and depth at DT and DE that more appropriately represents their draft positions (but again i like Davis or even Wyatt if the team chose to go in that direction in rnd 1). Simply we need impact players at WR, LB, S, CB and depth players at DE, DT (RB, TE, OL) and i think it odd to draft the depth high and the impact low

20 minutes ago, Overlord said:

I dont have one cause i keep flip flopping around between wut i would do between taking a WR in rnd1 or LB or DT or CB (this dependent on which are available tbh).

I dont mind the positions you took obvs, but the order you took them i would change. So between DE, WR, LB, and S i would draft in a different order than you. I dont believe any DE you take will have big impact for the 1st couple years so long as Graham, Sweat and now Reddick are around. So I instead would look for something more impactful in the near term. Maybe a Brisker, Hill, Cine whether it be late 1st or in the 2nd (you can only pick with the picks you have, if you dont think they'll reach your next pick you then you gotta do it).

There are other WRs that would make a more immediate impact: Wilson, Burks rnd 1. Bell, Moore, Dotson, Pickens maybe rnd 2. Someone with more polish that will actually see the field instead of needing time to sit and learn (which would be more ideal for a team that can stand to sit a develop him)

LB is something that constantly troubles me. We have an OK group. So i dont believe we need to add more JAGs to the position. This LB group seems deep in the draft with guys like Muma, Chenal, Walker, Smith etc. and yet i dont think it's worth adding those guys when we have TJ, White, Reddick, Taylor, Bradley etc already on the roster. If i were to go LB id ideally go for Lloyd but Dean is also a possibility. Only because the only thing our group needs is a star, not just another body (or player that may take a couple years to grow, since we already have that in Taylor)

So if i were using the picks you have including that mock trade:

15 WR Garrett Wilson

19 LB Devin Lloyd

31 S Daxton Hill

51 CB Roger McCreary

63 DT Demarvin Leal/Travis Jones

83 DE Gunter/Engabare/Jackson

Immediate impacts in WR, LB and S, while still getting a quality CB (tho i could totally be convinced to go CB before S with say a McDuffie/Booth/Elam and Brisker/Cine combo) and depth at DT and DE that more appropriately represents their draft positions (but again i like Davis or even Wyatt if the team chose to go in that direction in rnd 1). Simply we need impact players at WR, LB, S, CB and depth players at DE, DT (RB, TE, OL) and i think it odd to draft the depth high and the impact low

While I would be ecstatic to get Jones at 63, I think he will be gone far before that. Same with Jackson and Enagbare in R3. I get your logic, but Howie just came out and said he didn’t do much in FA cause he didn’t want rookies to not have the ability to make an impact. Also, you can drop Bell out of R2. His numbers are gonna crush him. 4.7 is sloooooow for a WR. We just have different philosophies on value is all. 

12 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

While I would be ecstatic to get Jones at 63, I think he will be gone far before that. Same with Jackson and Enagbare in R3. I get your logic, but Howie just came out and said he didn’t do much in FA cause he didn’t want rookies to not have the ability to make an impact. Also, you can drop Bell out of R2. His numbers are gonna crush him. 4.7 is sloooooow for a WR. We just have different philosophies on value is all. 

ya keep in mind i tried to make that up on the spot. I dont have the rankings imprinted in my mind 😂

my point is mainly impact early and depth later.

and ya i seen wut Howie said, i've worked in pro sports in the past so i don't tend to pay much attention to wut GMs and coaches say to media cause its mostly all just BS to satisfy the public. But maybe theres truth. Hard to say tho cause DE certainly feels pretty blocked now whereas before i woulda totally been in on the DE in rnd1 and LB is blocked for any non-1st rounder even if i do agree with the White signing (tbd if it works or is just another 1yr LB in the long rotation we've had at the position)

41 minutes ago, Overlord said:

ya keep in mind i tried to make that up on the spot. I dont have the rankings imprinted in my mind 😂

my point is mainly impact early and depth later.

and ya i seen wut Howie said, i've worked in pro sports in the past so i don't tend to pay much attention to wut GMs and coaches say to media cause its mostly all just BS to satisfy the public. But maybe theres truth. Hard to say tho cause DE certainly feels pretty blocked now whereas before i woulda totally been in on the DE in rnd1 and LB is blocked for any non-1st rounder even if i do agree with the White signing (tbd if it works or is just another 1yr LB in the long rotation we've had at the position)

How exactly is DE blocked? You have Graham who is old and coming off a big injury, Sweat who is more of a situational rusher, and Barnett who is an edge setter with very little pass rush impact. A 3 down DE could absolutely come in here and win a 2 or 3 spot. 

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

How exactly is DE blocked? You have Graham who is old and coming off a big injury, Sweat who is more of a situational rusher, and Barnett who is an edge setter with very little pass rush impact. A 3 down DE could absolutely come in here and win a 2 or 3 spot. 

Graham is cemented DE1 - he'll be nearly a year removed from the injury and doesn't play a skill position where that injury would be more concerning. Not to mention he was always more of a power rusher than speed rusher. Sweat will likely be DE2, Barnett DE3 as a vet, they brought him back at good value but he'll still take his share of playing time. DE4 could be situational, I wont call Reddick DE4 cause when hes on the field, hes the top guy but he won't solely be a LB cause that'd be a major bust by the coaching staff so he's taking DE snaps in rushing situations. then there Milton Williams who moves around between DT and DE a lot. All together thats 5 players at that position not even including Jackson who showed promise but certainly could be passed by a talented rookie if one were to be taken early.

Pass rushers - Graham, Sweat, Reddick

Solid depth Vet - Barnett

Prospects with potential - Williams, Jackson

thats a pretty full room right there

2 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Graham is cemented DE1 - he'll be nearly a year removed from the injury and doesn't play a skill position where that injury would be more concerning. Not to mention he was always more of a power rusher than speed rusher. Sweat will likely be DE2, Barnett DE3 as a vet, they brought him back at good value but he'll still take his share of playing time. DE4 could be situational, I wont call Reddick DE4 cause when hes on the field, hes the top guy but he won't solely be a LB cause that'd be a major bust by the coaching staff so he's taking DE snaps in rushing situations. then there Milton Williams who moves around between DT and DE a lot. All together thats 5 players at that position not even including Jackson who showed promise but certainly could be passed by a talented rookie if one were to be taken early.

Pass rushers - Graham, Sweat, Reddick

Solid depth Vet - Barnett

Prospects with potential - Williams, Jackson

thats a pretty full room right there

You’re valuing Barnett way more than you should. He’s essentially Ryan Kerrigan now. 

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

You’re valuing Barnett way more than you should. He’s essentially Ryan Kerrigan now. 

You're gunna have a frustrating year if that's your expectation 

7 minutes ago, Overlord said:

You're gunna have a frustrating year if that's your expectation 

We’ll see. If they get a Johnson, Karlaftis, etc at 15 (or after a trade up) you can pencil that DE in at #3. They know Barnett is a rotational guy at best.