NFL rumors: Buzz for Jadeveon Clowney signing with Eagles is growing

EricAllenPick6

I smell BS. "Buzz keeps growing" but nothing is done. Just BS to get other teams to call.

• Like 1

I'm not that interested in Clowney. He was just average  paired with JJ Watt and the Eags already have a bunch of cash tied up in the D line 

I think the best scenario is a one year deal.  With Cox, Hargrave, and Jackson in the middle he should get plenty of 1x1 with a tackle.  He'd have to produce to get the next deal.  He and his agent, don't think they would do this at all, but as a fan, I'm all for a one year deal.  Since there won't be any more real additions in the back 7, make the front 4 as formidable as possible.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MediterraneanDiet said:

I think the best scenario is a one year deal.  With Cox, Hargrave, and Jackson in the middle he should get plenty of 1x1 with a tackle.  He'd have to produce to get the next deal.  He and his agent, don't think they would do this at all, but as a fan, I'm all for a one year deal.  Since there won't be any more real additions in the back 7, make the front 4 as formidable as possible.

That's where I'm at too. One year deal as long as it isn't in excess of $16-17M for the year. If he really excels in this scheme then consider a longer deal if he settles in. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's where I'm at too. One year deal as long as it isn't in excess of $16-17M for the year. If he really excels in this scheme then consider a longer deal if he settles in. 

You do that and you dont get that 17 mill to carry over next year when we are in real cap trouble. I say screw him. Let someone else take him. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MediterraneanDiet said:

I think the best scenario is a one year deal

The best scenario is that POS goes somewhere else. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

The best scenario is that POS goes somewhere else. 

That's one point of view.  Inquiry:  What are your thoughts on a few past Eagles:  Andre Waters, John Runyan and Wes Hopkins?

1 hour ago, MediterraneanDiet said:

That's one point of view.  Inquiry:  What are your thoughts on a few past Eagles:  Andre Waters, John Runyan and Wes Hopkins?

Way to young for 2 of those players and for Runyan I was at the age where I watched football but did not yet fully understand it. And their actions were accepted as part of the game then. We know so much more now. You don't take shots at peoples heads. Period.

44 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Way to young for 2 of those players and for Runyan I was at the age where I watched football but did not yet fully understand it. And their actions were accepted as part of the game then. We know so much more now. You don't take shots at peoples heads. Period.

Back then it was knees and late hits.  Andre was considered one of the dirtiest, and so unfortunately for him he had cognitive issues leading to his death.  I'm torn, honestly, but if they are trying to sign Clowney I hope its just a one year deal.

I just find it funny how Eagles Buzz is on every so called top player and even avg player that becomes available or rumored out there every year and almost none of it comes to life but people still believe it year in and year out. Thats why the writers post crap, cause people are gullible, lol. 

Don’t want!

24 mln in cap room left for this year, about 50 mln over the cap next year. You do the math. Way easier for Howie to get under it if it’s (just) 26 mln.

Give me Hyde and maybe a LB like Barron or Lee and call it a day...

9 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Don’t want!

24 mln in cap room left for this year, about 50 mln over the cap next year. You do the math. Way easier for Howie to get under it if it’s (just) 26 mln.

Give me Hyde and maybe a LB like Barron or Lee and call it a day...

Mind you I think we'd need to see the cap situation and understand clear ways Howie could get it down before declaring that right? I mean we appear to be in cap hell most years and Howie finds a way. Though I do think that's why Howie is leaving himself so much this year.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Mind you I think we'd need to see the cap situation and understand clear ways Howie could get it down before declaring that right? I mean we appear to be in cap hell most years and Howie finds a way. Though I do think that's why Howie is leaving himself so much this year.

I do too...

Look...signing a RB and LB won’t break the bank but adding someone like Clowney, even for one year, will.

Although Howie is a wizard at manipulating the cap, it’ll be hard to get under it without making some tough decisions next year. Some guys will be asked to restructure their contract, some FA’s will walk and a few longtime Eagles will get traded or flat out get cut. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

I do too...

Look...signing a RB and LB won’t break the bank but adding someone like Clowney, even for one year, will.

Although Howie is a wizard at manipulating the cap, it’ll be hard to get under it without making some tough decisions next year. Some guys will be asked to restructure their contract, some FA’s will walk and a few longtime Eagles will get traded or flat out get cut. 

Oh no I agree and I guess adding a veteran RB and a proven LB adds more value to this team than Clowney. I mean DE is absolutely the more important position no doubt about that but we know Clowney is an extremely talented player who year after year (for the most part) doesn't live up to that.

I would like to add Clowney for 1 year but not at the expense of having even more difficult decisions to make next year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh no I agree and I guess adding a veteran RB and a proven LB adds more value to this team than Clowney. I mean DE is absolutely the more important position no doubt about that but we know Clowney is an extremely talented player who year after year (for the most part) doesn't live up to that.

I would like to add Clowney for 1 year but not at the expense of having even more difficult decisions to make next year.

Let’s put it this way; it would surprise me if they do anything significant. I just can’t see them adding Clowney at 15 mln annually.

Signing a veteran RB is just a matter of time. Preferably Hyde...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Let’s put it this way; it would surprise me if they do anything significant. I just can’t see them adding Clowney at 15 mln annually.

Signing a veteran RB is just a matter of time. Preferably Hyde...

I mean with Howie nothing would surprise me... But yeah I mean at this point I think they are preparing for the cap next year rather than planning a big move now. 

Hyde makes a ton of sense and RB is still a position we need to address. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Yep, there it is.  I suspect this was a desperate attempt by an agent to drive up the price for Clowney.  Article said he still wants at least $17m.  Ain't gonna happen, buddy.

7 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Yep, there it is.  I suspect this was a desperate attempt by an agent to drive up the price for Clowney.  Article said he still wants at least $17m.  Ain't gonna happen, buddy.

Seems really unlikely doesn't it. Because I don't think any contenders are willing to spend that on him so that leaves bad football teams. Well would he even want to go to one of those? And even then some of those will recognise they are building so Clowney doesn't put them over the top this year.