Dwayne Haskins killed

DBW

On 4/21/2022 at 3:58 PM, LacesOut said:

Who runs out of gas?!?!?!

Ugh. 

The last time I ran out of gas is when I drove a beater car in college... It had a broken gas gauge so I used the trip odometer to track gas usage. I estimated I could get at least 300 miles on a full tank. So I'd fill up then reset the odometer about every 300 miles. One weekend I let my mom use the car while hers was in the shop. She put gas in the car and reset the odometer. But she only replaced the gas she thought she used, so she didn't fill the tank all the way. I ran out of gas the next time I drove to school. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toolg said:

The last time I ran out of gas...

I've been driving since 1985 or 1986 and I've never once run out of gas. Unless you count my lawnmower. 

• Haha 1

Yeah, there's something fishy about the running out of gas bit.  I don't know what he was driving, but you usually get a visual and sometimes an audible warning when you are almost out of gas.  Pretty hard to miss.  Clearly, he was not mentally sharp despite the fact that this was his normal routine.  Out partying?  On something?  Distracted by something? Hard to say. 

Of course, I hope that toxicology comes back clean and that he was just distracted...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dwayne Haskins was legally drunk at time of death, according to toxicology report

:sad: 

According to the toxicology report, two separate samples taken from Haskins' body had alcohol levels of .20 and .24, both which are above the legal limit in Florida of .08. According to the report, Haskins also tested positive for ketamine and norketamine, drugs that are used by medical professionals as anesthetics but which also have been known to be used recreationally.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Apparently he had a lady friend in the car with him, too.  He was out clubbing (in Miami!) reportedly with somebody who was his "cousin".  

Kick in the teeth for anybody who was a fan, and it's gotta be even harder for his widow.

It's a shame. Stupid, idiotic decisions can lead to your own (or others) death, and that seems to be what happened here.