Talk about (how much you hate) the Giants

BKLYNYG

On 4/21/2020 at 10:02 PM, Vincent_NJG said:

This place feels just like home.

You made it. Nice...

I think we lost the rest of the crew. 

On 4/23/2020 at 10:33 PM, BKLYNYG said:

He has IT staffers at his house to help with the virtual draft and yes, he was being precautious because he’s a recent cancer survivor. Jeez...

Which means his immune system is either compromised or weak, got it.

My wife is presently doctoring for stage 4  Pancreatic cancer and she's wearing a mask as well.

That schedule looks challenging to say the least. Giants probably top out at 6 wins, but hopefully show some progress. Next year is when they could make the jump. Still too young this year. 

4 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

That schedule looks challenging to say the least. Giants probably top out at 6 wins, but hopefully show some progress. Next year is when they could make the jump. Still too young this year. 

They may do but by then Saquon will be in what year 4? With a lot of wear on those tyres.

37 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They may do but by then Saquon will be in what year 4? With a lot of wear on those tyres.

He has three years left on his rookie deal. Yes he'll be in year 4 next year, but the load was lighter last year. I'm hoping he's more Frank Gore than Todd Gurley. 

Either way he's not the focal point of the team anymore. The Giants live or die with Daniel Jones. 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

Either way he's not the focal point of the team anymore. The Giants live or die with Daniel Jones. 

Giants fans should probably be a little concerned about that. I don't think Jones is bad by any means but I don't think he's very good either. 

I think Giants fans should feel encouraged by what Jones showed as a rookie. He looked pretty good all things considered. The big question mark now is whether he can reduce the turnovers. He coughed the ball up a lot last year. 

I think they're in much better shape with Jones than the Redskins are with Haskins. Outside of that Eagles game, Haskins was decidedly unimpressive.

Giants were pretty low key in acquisitions this year. Thomas seems like a strong pick and the 2nd round safety will definitely help that porous defense that we shredded last year.

If they're taking it slow with offense and building from the line out, that's good for them. Didn't they lose one of their key OL this offseason?

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Giants fans should probably be a little concerned about that. I don't think Jones is bad by any means but I don't think he's very good either. 

Concerned? We’re encouraged. Jones looked pretty good last year behind a bottom third OL. As the other guy said he just needs to cut down on the fumbles (the guy has no fear and holds the ball way too long) and he’ll be alright. 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

Concerned? We’re encouraged. Jones looked pretty good last year behind a bottom third OL. As the other guy said he just needs to cut down on the fumbles (the guy has no fear and holds the ball way too long) and he’ll be alright. 

Like I said, I don't think he's that good. Don't think he'll be a top QB. Just my opinion. 

The Giants showed some improvement down the stretch. I won't be surprised if they continue to build off that this year. I think there's a good chance they pop up and fight for the division. 

Jones has a much better arm than I thought he had listening to post draft comments. His pocket awareness is terrible and it seems he never knows where the safeties are on the field, at least to my untrained scouts eye.

Much to early to tell.

I think Jones overall played very well for a rook.  it all depends on this second year.  He can either go the Wentz way and play really well or go like Mayfield.  I think it will be somewhere in the middle.

On 4/24/2020 at 7:35 PM, BKLYNYG said:

Giants secondary gonna be nasty in a year or two. Lots of high picks and great athletes. 

Don’t count your chickens. Check the news on Baker. 

On 4/24/2020 at 7:35 PM, BKLYNYG said:

Giants secondary gonna be nasty in a year or two. Lots of high picks and great athletes. 

FB_IMG_1589503864994.jpg

What a moron. I don't care if he finds a way to get off with zero jail time, cut him immediately. Mostly because he made my post look bad. :furious:

• Haha 1

• 11 months later...

Pretty nice offseason for the G-Men. Added a ton of talent to the offensive side of the ball and a few pieces to an already top 10ish defense. Also added a bunch of picks in the 2022 draft. I think Judge is running the draft room, not DG. 

Give me a guard in the back end of this draft and we’re in business. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Pretty nice offseason for the G-Men. Added a ton of talent to the offensive side of the ball and a few pieces to an already top 10ish defense. Also added a bunch of picks in the 2022 draft. I think Judge is running the draft room, not DG. 

Give me a guard in the back end of this draft and we’re in business. 

It was said that the Eagles traded up in the 1st round with the Cowboys because the Giants wanted Smith, was that the feeling with Giants fans (that you all were going after Smith)?

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It was said that the Eagles traded up in the 1st round with the Cowboys because the Giants wanted Smith, was that the feeling with Giants fans (that you all were going after Smith)?

It’s what the talking heads have been saying on TV right? Could be true. It makes sense. DG was dead set on getting Jones more weapons and he was the highest rated offensive player on the board. I’m pretty happy with Toney + 2022 first + 2022 third. I think Smith will be an 1,100 yard 8TD type receiver and Toney will be in the 800-900 yard 5TD range with a bunch of big special teams returns. 

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Sure seems like that happened.  The fact they traded down and reached for Toney later almost certifies they were thinking that way.

25 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Sure seems like that happened.  The fact they traded down and reached for Toney later almost certifies they were thinking that way.

Not really much of a reach. He was projected mid 20s. I would have preferred Slater but it’s hard to pass on an additional first and third. 

40 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

It’s what the talking heads have been saying on TV right? Could be true. It makes sense. DG was dead set on getting Jones more weapons and he was the highest rated offensive player on the board. I’m pretty happy with Toney + 2022 first + 2022 third. I think Smith will be an 1,100 yard 8TD type receiver and Toney will be in the 800-900 yard 5TD range with a bunch of big special teams returns. 

26 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Kind of unique to see one division rival trade with another division rival to prevent a third division rival from taking a player that the first division rival wanted. I'm sure similar things have happened, but this is the first time I've seen it (or at least remember it). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Kind of unique to see one division rival trade with another division rival to prevent a third division rival from taking a player that the first division rival wanted. I'm sure similar things have happened, but this is the first time I've seen it (or at least remember it). 

Very strange. I’m surprised the two teams traded with one another for a second time. Weak! 

40 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Very strange. I’m surprised the two teams traded with one another for a second time. Weak! 

The Eagles and Cowboys have traded more than twice, according to an article that I read, this one is the sixth time since 1989.