Talk about (how much you hate) the Giants

BKLYNYG

21 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The Eagles and Cowboys have traded more than twice, according to an article that I read, this one is the sixth time since 1989. 

3rd time I recall off the top of my head. Friday night. Last year when they got their center, and the 07 trade when we traded 10 spots out of the first round and they took Anthony Spencer.

33 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

3rd time I recall off the top of my head. Friday night. Last year when they got their center, and the 07 trade when we traded 10 spots out of the first round and they took Anthony Spencer.

This is the article that I read the other day: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31362050/philadelphia-trade-get-alabama-wr-devonta-smith-10th-pick-nfl-draft 

There's also this article that I just found but haven't read (aside from a couple of lines): https://www.insider.com/eagles-cowboys-trade-screw-the-giants-2021-4

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

There was also the year the Eagles picked Jon Harris. The Eagles swapped picks with the Cowboys, allowing the Cowboys to move from 25 to 22 to select tight end David LaFleur. At the time, they made a big deal out of the fact that the negotiations on the trade were handled by Lurie and Jones directly because they had a good relationship. 

Fortunately LaFleur never amounted to much, so it wasn't really a big deal.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

363C4128-FC30-49DB-85A6-FD384F2DF035.jpeg

The GM who recognises the value in sliding down the board. Who's that?

15 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So they drafted a smaller WR at #20 who was a day 2 pick instead.  Yeah nice spin LOL.  Gettlemen is worse than Howie.  And I hate Howie.  

It’s not my spin. Also Toney is an inch shorter but 30+ pounds heavier than Smith and a projected first rounder. He’s built like a football player not a middle schooler. Doesn’t mean anything, but Smith is far and away the "smaller” guy.

DG has had his struggles, but he probably extracted more value out of this draft than any GM when you consider quality of picks + future value. 

13 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The GM who recognises the value in sliding down the board. Who's that?

I guess in this case he’s talking about DG, but that’s an odd way of phrasing it. Very unclear, especially when DG has never recognized the value of trading back until this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

I guess in this case he’s talking about DG, but that’s an odd way of phrasing it. Very unclear, especially when DG has never recognized the value of trading back until this year. 

Yeah that's where I was heading towards bud. DG hasn't traded back until this year then he trades back twice. 

12 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You’re being a serious homer.  Toney was a reach at 20.  I’m not in love with Smith, trust me.  But the Giants wanted him.  They missed out and traded down and panicked and reached for a position they didn’t need to draft.  Howie sucks.  Gettlemen sucks more.  

I hate the idea of taking a WR in round 1 when it’s not a glaring weakness (I wanted Slater) but pretty much every mock I read had him pegged as a first rounder.

I actually don’t think DG panicked at all. In fact it was the opposite. It seems like they wanted Smith. When he wasn’t there they stuck to their board, traded back and collected two premium picks. Panicking would have been selecting Toney at 11. Getting him at 20 was savvy. 

DG has made some mistakes, but anyway you slice it, he’s had a really good off season. Now he needs Jones to play well. If not, he’s gone. 

• 2 weeks later...

More than any team in the league. Even more than the Cowboys and Patriots.

On 5/19/2021 at 10:11 PM, wrestlevessel said:

More than any team in the league. Even more than the Cowboys and Patriots.

Wait, you don’t like the Giants? Get outta here! I’m shocked.