Deebo Samuel (49ers WR) -- Potential Trade?

Captain F

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'll say it now... No thanks. He's going to cost too much to trade for and he wants a monster contract. 

If you want playmakers it’s going to cost regardless. The Eagles have been sitting in the worst position for a while (middle of the draft). We need splashes

I don't see this working out for the eagles. Let someone else pay him the big bucks.

He’ll cost a 1 + more AND 25m$+ a year in cap space for a 1 year wonder who won’t get close to the production on our team as he would on 20 others.

That could be Jordan Davis, Tyrann Mathieu, AND Trey Flowers we’re giving up for him. No way, no how

1 hour ago, MagicMoment said:

If you want playmakers it’s going to cost regardless. The Eagles have been sitting in the worst position for a while (middle of the draft). We need splashes

No we don’t, we need to fix our depth and foundational units before we ever get to splashes. This ain’t the Dallas Cowboys, we’re trying to win playoff games.

17 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Holy. Ish.

23 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

No we don’t, we need to fix our depth and foundational units before we ever get to splashes. This ain’t the Dallas Cowboys, we’re trying to win playoff games.

How do we fix our depth and foundational units??? Oh wait, yeah the draft. Which as I stated Howie sucks at. 

7 minutes ago, MagicMoment said:

How do we fix our depth and foundational units??? Oh wait, yeah the draft. Which as I stated Howie sucks at. 

Every team sucks at the draft. We don't suck as badly as a lot of them.

It is rumored that part of the reason for the trade request is his usage as a RB in the 49ers offense (probably injury risk and 49ers trying to use that as negotiation leverage in extension talks to pay him like a top RB instead of top WR)

Ironically, the versatility is part of the appeal. If we're going after a young top level WR near the end of his rookie deal, I'd rather bring in DK Metcalf from the Seahawks (assuming they even entertain a trade). Tyler Lockett for the right price as a veteran option would also be intriguing, but the Seahawks may elect to keep both WRs to help Drew Lock/Geno Smith/draft pick.

Deebo will easily cost a 1st round pick and more, on top of the big contract extension. If we're paying that much for a WR I'd rather have that go towards Metcalf.

I know the Eagles WR draft history as a franchise is abysmal, but maybe Howie finally gets it right 2 years in a row like Andy Reid did with DeSean Jackson - Jeremy Maclin in 2008-2009.

9 hours ago, MagicMoment said:

We don't have the cap space though. We are in a major rebuild and I'm not sure we can afford what I would term as a luxury player. Plus we very likely don't have the QB.

• Haha 1

I love his skill set, physicality and versatility.  I wouldn't think they'd pay the price in draft picks/players and take on the salary but there's that rumor that they made an offer.  Then again there are so many rumors with this team.

I do see the value.  And I don't see it as a "luxury player."  We do need a further upgrade at the position.  But I really want us to go hard at the Secondary in this draft.  We are in serious need at both CB and Safety, and I want to see both positions addressed right at the top of the draft this year.  I don't like the thought of giving up those resources.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I love his skill set, physicality and versatility.  I wouldn't think they'd pay the price in draft picks/players and take on the salary but there's that rumor that they made an offer.  Then again there are so many rumors with this team.

Maybe the offer was an enforcer and a guy drafted higher than Justin Jefferson.  Once the 9ers figured out who those players were, they hung up the phone.

18, Dillard, Reagor

Then trade 15 for a 2 picks in the 25-40 range and go Defense with both. 

34 minutes ago, What The F said:

18, Dillard, Reagor

Then trade 15 for a 2 picks in the 25-40 range and go Defense with both. 

Hell yea

5 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Hell yea

I would do that in a second, but probably not enough.

Here is the Athletics offer from the article they wrote last night.

No. 18 and the first of two third-round picks (No. 84) in 2022, and a 2024 third-round pick to round things out.

Just now, downundermike said:

I would do that in a second, but probably not enough.

Here is the Athletics offer from the article they wrote last night.

I'll do that also

The contract extension itself is a reason to say no. Love his game but not worth the compensation AND the contract imo

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

The contract extension itself is a reason to say no. Love his game but not worth the compensation AND the contract imo

I mean he's likely going to get... $22-24M a year. That's a huge contract.