Eagles Trade for Titans WR AJ Brown pick: 18 & 101, $100m extension

pgcd3

8 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

This is my thought process. We have the 29th and 32nd ranked receivers in yards with 10 total touchdowns between them last year. Is that awful? Absolutely not. I would say we have a pretty good set up with Goedert coming in 38th. I wouldn't consider either of them top 10, but we are paying one I believe 4th most in the league. I respect they are both in run offenses, but unless the quarterback become 2x the QB he was last year, I don't expect huge spikes in either ones production because they will be splitting those receptions. I'm happy to have AJ Brown on this team, but he is getting thrown into the stratosphere, and I don't feel the hype matches the production at the moment. 

He won’t match his best Tennessee production, and DeVonta will have slightly less production than last year.

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He won’t match his best Tennessee production, and DeVonta will have slightly less production than last year.

Sounds about where I think their numbers will fall next year 

1 hour ago, Milkman420 said:

Like I said before every single team you mentioned that doesn’t trade picks has in fact traded picks to improve their teams.  The one you forgot to list the ravens in fact traded with the eagles to get their mvp qb like 3 years ago

I didn't say they never trade picks, the point I was trying to make is keep your picks and build through the draft and Coward Roseman doesn't do that because he's afraid of making his own picks, one day he'll learn it's better to trade players for picks instead of trading picks for players.

The problem with the coward is is he doesn't know when to unload players for picks, that or he's afraid of the Eagles fans ripping him for trading a fan favorite, that's how cowards roll.    

I so want to love this trade but I'm just finding it difficult to be as optimistic as others. Certainly an upgrade but I have some concerns about what we paid.

1 hour ago, Milkman420 said:

I seem to recall free agency/trades working pretty well for the eagles only Super Bowl.  Or how about the rams just this year.   The patriots also heavily use free agency and trades and have done pretty well for themselves if I do say so myself.  Every contract in first week of free agency is bloated.  However you can get steals weeks later and before/after draft but most of the time it’s more depth then star players so if course you can get Nelson for 5 mil but your not getting super stars for that price.  

What happened to the Eagles the years following the SB, let's see how long the Rams sustain their winning, chances are it won't be long, they don't have any picks until 2050.

As far as the Pats go, they're master of the trade players for picks, that's how they've sustained their winning ways.

Just now, EagleVA said:

What happened to the Eagles the years following the SB, let's see how long the Rams sustain their winning, chances are it won't be long, they don't have any picks until 2050.

As far as the Pats go, they're master of the trade players for picks, that's how they've sustained their winning ways.

They won the f'n superbowll. They're obviously not trying to be great for 30 years, but it's working now.

11 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I didn't say they never trade picks, the point I was trying to make is keep your picks and build through the draft and Coward Roseman doesn't do that because he's afraid of making his own picks, one day he'll learn it's better to trade players for picks instead of trading picks for players.

The problem with the coward is is he doesn't know when to unload players for picks, that or he's afraid of the Eagles fans ripping him for trading a fan favorite, that's how cowards roll.    

COME ON CRVBABY CRY FOR ME 93+ Crybaby Meme on Imgur 45 Cry Baby Memes for  the Frequent Cryer | Meme on ME.ME

28 minutes ago, Not a Wolf said:

They won the f'n superbowll. They're obviously not trying to be great for 30 years, but it's working now.

Again, you can sustain winning if you keep your picks and draft well, in order to keep winning they'll need to print counterfeit money, here's what they put on the books this offseason

1. LT Joseph Noteboom: 3 years, $40 million
  2. C Brian Allen: 3 years, $18 million
  3. OL Coleman Shelton: 2 years, $3.25 million
  4. WR Allen Robinson: 3 years, $46.5 million
  5. KR Brandon Powell: 1 year, $920K
  6. LB Bobby Wagner: 5 years, $50 million
  7. QB Matthew Stafford4 years, $160 million

11 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Again, you can sustain winning if you keep your picks and draft well, in order to keep winning they'll need to print counterfeit money, here's what they put on the books this offseason

1. LT Joseph Noteboom: 3 years, $40 million
  2. C Brian Allen: 3 years, $18 million
  3. OL Coleman Shelton: 2 years, $3.25 million
  4. WR Allen Robinson: 3 years, $46.5 million
  5. KR Brandon Powell: 1 year, $920K
  6. LB Bobby Wagner: 5 years, $50 million
  7. QB Matthew Stafford4 years, $160 million

So championship material.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

I think trading for a player like this is gutsy. The coward GMs never do trades like this, they play it safe.

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

That would be disappointing for Brown considering there is a whole extra game.

1 hour ago, Infam said:

I think trading for a player like this is gutsy. The coward GMs never do trades like this, they play it safe.

Didn't we win a Superbowl trading picks for players? Maybe my memory is off 

3 minutes ago, judunno said:

That would be disappointing for Brown considering there is a whole extra game.

Well he has only played 16 games once in his first three seasons

4 hours ago, judunno said:

Didn't we win a Superbowl trading picks for players? Maybe my memory is off 

You like twisting what others have said, we're talking sustainability.

6 hours ago, Infam said:

No, gutsy GMs make their picks as explained by Bill Walsh - The Master of the Draft, you'll read much of what I've been saying for years......great minds think alike.

Someone should get this article to Coward Roseman.

7 hours ago, Infam said:

I like the trade for Brown. But other teams trade for WRs, and Brown is a safe bet not some gutsy gamble.

Some of you are laughable!  You definately help build the opinion most have of the  Philadelphia fan.  Always try to find the negative.  Roseman crushed the first round this year.

Two player ranked #1 at their position.  One ranked #2.  Traded for a true #1 receiver for a steal.  Let see would you rather have any of the other receivers in this draft?  If you say yes, you dont understand.

This is truely the best draft Howy and company have ever had based off projected players draft position.  We will know in 2-3 years the real grade.

Go ahead flame away, cant waite to read your responses.

4 hours ago, crazyeagle said:

Some of you are laughable!  You definately help build the opinion most have of the  Philadelphia fan.  Always try to find the negative.  Roseman crushed the first round this year.

Two player ranked #1 at their position.  One ranked #2.  Traded for a true #1 receiver for a steal.  Let see would you rather have any of the other receivers in this draft?  If you say yes, you dont understand.

This is truely the best draft Howy and company have ever had based off projected players draft position.  We will know in 2-3 years the real grade.

Go ahead flame away, cant waite to read your responses.

Relax my dude. It's just the usual suspects who are negative, let them be miserable, who cares.

The overwhelming majority of the fanbase is ecstatic with the last few days we have had.

5 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Relax my dude. It's just the usual suspects who are negative, let them be miserable, who cares.

The overwhelming majority of the fanbase is ecstatic with the last few days we have had.

I would say everyone is happy with the move overall. We have 3 targets between 20-40 range in yards last year. I good squad overall. It's the top ten talk that has a few looking at the response sideways. Love the style difference between the wide outs and how much it opens up the offense. Im guessing him, Smith, and Goedert will be all in that mid 800 range and 5 TDS at the end of the season as long as heathy and the scheme stays the same. 

Chase, kupp, Jefferson, Diggs, Adams, Hill, Evans, deebo, Metcalf, lockett, Allen off the top of my head with Brown being in discussion with Godwin, Lamb, McLaurin, Williams, DJ Moore, etc. 

I love the trade.  My hopeful wish is Jalen gets 4-5 games to show improvement and that the Eagles can be a passing team.  If after a qtr of the season it is evident he just cant do it he is benched. 

23 hours ago, Thing3 said:

I so want to love this trade but I'm just finding it difficult to be as optimistic as others. Certainly an upgrade but I have some concerns about what we paid.

It wont seem worth it until we get a better passer. He's young which is great

I am hoping we get to see (2) 1000 yard receivers this year. Having Smith and Brown on the field could be potentially lethal. Can I drink the crazy juice and say Hurts could have over 4000 passing yards this year? :towel:

4 minutes ago, Wormlegs said:

I am hoping we get to see (2) 1000 yard receivers this year. Having Smith and Brown on the field could be potentially lethal. Can I drink the crazy juice and say Hurts could have over 4000 passing yards this year? :towel:

Pass catchers have to talent to get there no problem...the passer will need a much much improved year in order to reach it. 

19 hours ago, EagleVA said:

You like twisting what others have said, we're talking sustainability.

Twisting... there's no twisting. It's precisely what was said lol.

Archived