Nick Foles FA QB

Godfather

Didnt he already say last season he doesn't want to come back here? 

/Thread

20 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

/Thread

He implied that he wanted to play for a contender, which clearly wasn't us coming off a four win season.  Who knows whether he wants to come back now, but I'm sure it looks like a much more appealing situation than it did last year.

Bringing him back would obviously risk screwing with Hurts and/or upsetting the chemistry, but Hurts is mentally tough and quite frankly not good enough to warrant that sort of babying.  We need to bring someone in - whether it's Foles or someone else - to push him a little bit.

8 hours ago, jmac+djaxallday said:

He implied that he wanted to play for a contender, which clearly wasn't us coming off a four win season.  Who knows whether he wants to come back now, but I'm sure it looks like a much more appealing situation than it did last year.

Bringing him back would obviously risk screwing with Hurts and/or upsetting the chemistry, but Hurts is mentally tough and quite frankly not good enough to warrant that sort of babying.  We need to bring someone in - whether it's Foles or someone else - to push him a little bit.

We have Minshew.

10 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

/Thread

Never say never

11 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

/Thread

I highly doubt he would ever say (publicly, at least) that he wouldn't want to come back ... especially to a town where he is so beloved.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I highly doubt he would ever say (publicly, at least) that he wouldn't want to come back ... especially to a town where he is so beloved.  

The only town where his football career has been worth a damn

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Well there were reports that when the eagles tried to trade for him in 2020 it was reported that he doesn't want to come back. 

I can name a lot of reasons why he wouldn't come back. Why would you want to keep going back to a team that doesn't believe in you enough to ever keep you long term? 

https://sportsnaut.com/nick-foles-trade-philadelphia-eagles/

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/nfl-rumors-bears-nick-foles-turned-down-eagles-trade?amp=

10 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well there were reports that when the eagles tried to trade for him in 2020 it was reported that he doesn't want to come back. 

I can name a lot of reasons why he wouldn't come back. Why would you want to keep going back to a team that doesn't believe in you enough to ever keep you long term? 

https://sportsnaut.com/nick-foles-trade-philadelphia-eagles/

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/nfl-rumors-bears-nick-foles-turned-down-eagles-trade?amp=

I wasn't questioning his desire to come back (or not to) ... I am just saying I'd be surprised if he ever said he had no interest to ever come back here, that's all.

• Like 1

He chose Denver because they have legal marijuana. Duh.

Get with the program Pennsylvania.

On 5/2/2022 at 2:39 PM, CouchKing said:

He chose Denver because they have legal marijuana. Duh.

Get with the program Pennsylvania.

Hey, you should change your name to "CrotchKing"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GA4M said:

OP needs a life, seriously.

Go pound some more man arse ****ot

On 5/2/2022 at 9:59 AM, time2rock said:

I wasn't questioning his desire to come back (or not to) ... I am just saying I'd be surprised if he ever said he had no interest to ever come back here, that's all.

We traded him away for Sam Bradford.

Then we chose Wentz over him and he left for a nice free agent contract.

If he didn;t want more of that, I don't blame him.

He is deadly in a short run of games.

Maybe he comes back someday.

I don't know that I'll ever understand his career. So many times we've seen great things out of him and yet he never caught on as a starter. Even after he came in for a game with the Bears last year and was clutch in winning them a game they still went back to a worse QB.

Only way I want him back is if they name him starter. You want to talk QB controversy? See what happens if they start Hurts and Foles is on the sideline. The Linc may be chanting "We want Foles" the whole game.

• Haha 1

I expect him to retire, he's toyed with the idea before.

Genuinely wonder if it would have worked out for him here if he ever played a run of games with a longer leash,  to get Jeff Fisher, Doug Marrone and Matt Nagy as your head coaches as a QB is cursed.

This wouldn’t make sense at this point. We have everything we need at qb. A potential starter. A back up with some experience starting. And a third string rookie with upside. 

Sign Foles.

Get Hurts to take Eagles to the Playoffs and let Foles take Eagles to the Superbowl from there//

😁

42 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Sign Foles.

Get Hurts to take Eagles to the Playoffs and let Foles take Eagles to the Superbowl from there//

😁

Wouldn't that be something lol

Kind of like a starter and a closer in baseball.

2 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Sign Foles.

😁

Get hurts out by like wk 15 so nick can have some warm up games

2 hours ago, Vileborg said:

Kind of like a starter and a closer in baseball.

Closer only becomes relevant if you have a good starter.

Threads shouldn't made by this guy anymore, please delete it and just stop making them.