Depth

iladelphxx

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No I didn't know about the "share" feature on the report option, since I don't report posts. 

They are actually two separate things, I just always thought the icon was part of the report link.  I learned something new today.

5 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And don’t forget how deep we are at DE and TE.  

I never listed TE as a position we are deep at. I do believe that Rodgers is a quality backup, though --- and yeah, I'm not sure he'll make the team. I believe the Eagles like and want to continue to develop T. Jackson, but his injury rehab will likely have him on the PUP and they may choose to stash him on IR for the season. I have no idea why they want to experiment with JJAW at TE. I think he'll end up on the PS. The Eagles seem to like Stoll and he'll get a long look. They drafted Calcaterra. It won't surprise me if Stoll and Calcaterra  look good in TC and preseason, the Eagles decide to keep the 2 younger prospects over the 30 year old Rodgers.

Being a backup, Rodgers counts as depth and I described him earlier as "proven depth" because he has plenty of experience, plays solid football, and can block well and catch. I was comparing proven depth to potential depth (Calcaterra and T. Jackson would be examples of potential depth). This TE group doesn't appear, to me, to be as deep as it was at the beginning of last season, nor is it as deep as when we had Ertz, Celek, and Burton. The young guys would really have to step up for this group to be deep in 2022. 

At DE, I still believe in Barnett, regardless of what you think. As a starter, yeah, he was JAG, but as a backup, he's a 25 year old with 45 starts. I feel really good about this one. I think he finishes 2022 with 5 - 8 sacks. 

• Haha 1

On 5/25/2022 at 12:05 PM, downundermike said:

QB - the starter should be a back up  LET'S HOPE HURTS PROVES US WRONG.  I THINK HE'LL BE BETTER, BUT WHETHER THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH REMAINS TO BE SEEN

RB - Gainwell and Scott are not starters.  AGREED.  AND SANDERS GETS NICKED UP.  EAGLES NEED A BIG MAN IN THEIR BACKFIELD.

WR - I would take the Rams, Bengals, Bucs, Vikings, Seahawks, Chargers, Raiders over the Eagles.  WR DEFINITELY IMPROVED AND HOPEFULLY FORMIDABLE.  THE TEAM DOESN'T NEED TO BE THE LEAGUE BEST.

TE - Literally nothing behind Goedert.  BRENT CELEK WAS A 5TH ROUND PICK.  GRANT CALCATERRA HAD A GOOD CAREER IN COLLEGE BEFORE IT WAS INTERRUPTED, AND HE WAS A FAVORITE TARGET OF HURTS.  CHANCE TO BE A GOOD 2ND RECEIVING TE.

CB - The group is so thin they had to sign a guy to a 1 year deal last week as they do not trust anyone else in the group to start.  NOT TOO MANY TEAMS HAVE THE LUXURY OF HAVING NO. 3 OUTSIDE CORNERS WITH THE ABILITY TO BE A STARTER IN THIS LEAGUE.  BUT IF SLAY OR BRADBERRY GO DOWN, THE TEAM COULD BE IN TROUBLE