Is our schedule harder than it appears?

Rob331

There are a few games on the schedule that could go either way depending on how that team responds. If our secondary is a good as we think it is then we don''t have too much to worry about.

The Steelers were a wild card team with Big Ben barely able to throw the ball so they should be somewhat improved. If Pickett takes off they could be a legit playoff team.

The Colts should have been a playoff team but then Wentz happened. They should be vastly better with Matt Ryan.

Homer pic, The Jags should be better than expected because of Doug and the fact that they have the weapons to run a Reid offense like Doug wants to run. They have that outside speed and a guy who has the arm to get it there.

7 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

So you're saying this schedule is all "real tests" and 0 "trap games?" 

Sorry but i don't buy it...

Fact is every team is "improved" and looks good on paper during the offseason.

• 2 weeks later...

It's going to come down to two factors, Hurts and the DCord. Hurts being the obvious, since this is the make and break year. He has to be a QB, not a RB playing QB..

The DCord had terrible schemes last year, but the majority of things Ibe read and heard said it was due to personal. On paper the Defense has improved personal wise by leaps and bonds. 

Does he switch up the scheme and actually become aggressive or he is going to go with the same on your heels style defense they seemed to play last season. 

That'll be the difference between 5/6 wins or 10/11 wins and a playoff berth. 

Strength of schedule means virtually nothing. As predictions, we base this "strength" off last year's teams. Players come and go, get injured, improve, decline, get suspended, get covid, etc... When you play a team that isn't "out of it," they can be easier to predict because they aren't taking weird chances, but when you play a team that has no mathematical shot at a playoff berth, they may take unnecessary chances that work out. People act like the better teams are in a different league than the worse teams. It's really a lot closer than people like to believe. The difference in many games often comes down to 2 or 3 plays or decisions. 

SoS is kinda BS even when you are analyzing after having played them.  You have no idea what stretch of games you are going to be banged up or red hot for.  You don't know when your opponents will be hot or cold or banged up either.  Maybe Detroit starts 4-0 before crashing back to earth and finishing 6-11.  Maybe the Vikes are missing half their OLine the very next week.

One thing you can look at and immediately grade with a high degree of certainty is the quality of the QB's.  It sure looks like the Eagles will face 1 elite Qb all year (Rodgers).  They only have 3-5 games against top 10 Qb's (Murray? Prescott? Cousins?).  When you factor in just how many really good Qb's there are right now (I've seen top 10 lists without Lamar Jackson) that is the cakiest walk of a schedule you can ask for.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 12:16 PM, Rob331 said:

Remember, we didn't beat a winning team last year - 

• Detroit - expected to be much improved and its away
  • Minnesota, omproved with a new coach. Probably winning team
  • Washington - revenge game for #11 in his new home city
  • Jacksonville - best QB in the 2021 draft and nnow a competent coach
  • Arizona - was always going to be hard. Likely winning team
  • Dallas - Dallas week is always Dallas week. Likely winning team
  • Pittsburgh - always tough and even Trubitsky can match Big Ben's 2021 numbers, Likely winning team
  • Houston - maybe we actually do get a breather
  • Wasington
  • Indianapolis - the Colts are a contender. Winning team
  • Green Bay - 'nuff said. Playoff team
  • Tennessee - no easy day, Playoff team
  • Giants - should be improved, but probably not a hard day
  • Chicago - probably playing out the string by now
  • Dallas - away at the 'Boys with playoff berths on the line for both teams. Likely winning team
  • New Orleans - vastly improved over last year and fighting tfor the division title. Likely winning team
  • Giants - the pressure is on us

9 opponents who are likely winning teams. 

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum. It belings in tate. 

We have a RB playing QB. Does that answer your question? 

21 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

We have a RB playing QB. Does that answer your question? 

Didn't know I asked a question. Am I missing something?

6 hours ago, Rob331 said:

The title of your thread is literally "Is our schedule harder than it appears?"

7 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Read below

1 hour ago, psr said:

The title of your thread is literally "Is our schedule harder than it appears?"

DeliciousColorfulAphid-size_restricted.g

I've said it before - sometines I need an editor. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just need to get to 10 wins and the division is yours.

I'm telling you right now as a unbiased observer that Dallas is not winning more than 9 games. 

Think about it, they have Tampa, Cincy, Rams, Green Bay, Minny, Titans, and Colts on their schedule. They fold up like a lawn chair against good teams.

Just beat them once in your two meetings and those clowns are 9-8

goodfellas-henry-hill.gif

• Like 1

I’ve never put much in this whole strength of schedule stuff. To me you can only play one team at a time. You play the schedule in front of you. It’s like the 1972 dolphins who don’t seem get as much credit as they do because their schedule wasn’t strong but they went undefeated which is the main thing.