The Bear, Hulu

DaEagles4Life

Just finished and it is so good. Intense from the beginning to the end. Definitely recommend 

• Like 1

Interested in this. I've been watching old episodes of Kitchen Nightmares on Hulu and the ad for this came up.

Dammit I wanted to see how many times he was gonna talk to himself about this show lol. 😋 Only playing around

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Dammit I wanted to see how many times he was gonna talk to himself about this show lol. 😋 Only playing around

Probably once more because it is a great show.

Buddy trained the one chef at his restaurant in LA for a few days so they got some hands-on experience. 

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Probably once more because it is a great show.

Buddy trained the one chef at his restaurant in LA for a few days so they got some hands-on experience. 

I started watching it, then got caught up doing something else. I'll come back around to it. 

• 2 months later...

I've also watched 3 episodes so far.  I was really interested in the premise and heard good things.  But the way they're executing the story isn't living up to the premise for me.  

He just shows up and starts changing things without even having a staff meeting to explain it to anyone and starts making food on his own but not communicating.  He talks about coming from proper restaurant training and gourmet experience and then leads them horribly in the beginning.  I like the chef making the bread who's taking interest and being inspired by a gourmet chef with his experience. The lead actor is not compelling at all so not really rooting for him.  The sous chef isn't believable, this place is in debt and he has money to hire an additional staff before evaluating the current staff?  It would have made more sense for him to realize after seeing them perform who needs to go and then hire new people.

His anxiety and health issues for me are taking away from the core story. There's so much change management to happen with people, marketing to the community to bring more money in, etc.  He planned the video game thing without telling anyone then his cousin was rude to them.  They never talked about it again, or addressed how to reach more customers.  It's a bit chaotic.  I hope it gets better. The pieces are there, just not putting them together very well.

On 9/23/2022 at 5:16 PM, NOTW said:

I've also watched 3 episodes so far.  I was really interested in the premise and heard good things.  But the way they're executing the story isn't living up to the premise for me.  

He just shows up and starts changing things without even having a staff meeting to explain it to anyone and starts making food on his own but not communicating.  He talks about coming from proper restaurant training and gourmet experience and then leads them horribly in the beginning.  I like the chef making the bread who's taking interest and being inspired by a gourmet chef with his experience. The lead actor is not compelling at all so not really rooting for him.  The sous chef isn't believable, this place is in debt and he has money to hire an additional staff before evaluating the current staff?  It would have made more sense for him to realize after seeing them perform who needs to go and then hire new people.

His anxiety and health issues for me are taking away from the core story. There's so much change management to happen with people, marketing to the community to bring more money in, etc.  He planned the video game thing without telling anyone then his cousin was rude to them.  They never talked about it again, or addressed how to reach more customers.  It's a bit chaotic.  I hope it gets better. The pieces are there, just not putting them together very well.

TV critic guy has shown up. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Good show but all that screaming makes it a bit rough for binging.

I started ep 4 last night to pick it up again and immediately the opening scene is the a-hole useless cousin just screaming and cursing.  My wife was like immediately no, I can't take this.

14 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I started ep 4 last night to pick it up again and immediately the opening scene is the a-hole useless cousin just screaming and cursing.  My wife was like immediately no, I can't take this.

Exactly.  Can be a tough watch after a stressful day of work with dinner.  Not quite big time enough for weekend viewing.  But if you can get it in small doses it is worth the effort.  It delivers real emotion and has a lot to say about pain, loss, hope, work, family.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished season 2. That was the best season of television I’ve watched in a while. Especially episode 6. 

• Like 2

I didn't know there was a season 2 out until now. Nice, but looks like I've gotta wait for few weeks for it to hit D+ over here.

Really enjoyed season 1 - bit oppressive at times, but nice something to have a program that has a different concept to it. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 8:30 PM, Godfather said:

Is it good? 

Yes. 

I finally got around to starting it within the past week. Watched all 8 S1 episodes and am through 8 S2 episodes. I think there are 2 remaining which I’ll knock out when I get back home (grabbing some happy hour discounts on the way home from weekend errands). 

Watched episode 7 before leaving which was the only 1hr episode (I think?) and one I can understand why people were talking about. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

Yes. 

I finally got around to starting it within the past week. Watched all 8 S1 episodes and am through 8 S2 episodes. I think there are 2 remaining which I’ll knock out when I get back home (grabbing some happy hour discounts on the way home from weekend errands). 

Watched episode 7 before leaving which was the only 1hr episode (I think?) and one I can understand why people were talking about. 

BOGO free cat food day? 

14 hours ago, hputenis said:

BOGO free cat food day? 

nah, Chewy auto-ship schedules make that something that requires no mental energy and zero out-of-the-house effort on my part. 

• 2 weeks later...

Season 2 was much better IMO.  It developed characters well, the directing, editing and score/soundtrack were very well done (it felt to me like the show runners evolved their skills).  I felt season 1 was too rushed, and I think part of that was the style they were going for that the restaurant business moves fast or something.  But season 2 did a nice job slowing things down at times to focus on some of the characters, and then when it was the right time to ramp up the speed.  The back of house scenes that are rapid fire speed showcase the pressure cooks face really well.  

I don't have Hulu. I'm just curious- what's the boob situation like in this one?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I don't have Hulu. I'm just curious- what's the boob situation like in this one?

None.

But watch a TV show because it's good. Boobs are only a plus. You can see endless boobs nude online for free.

• Like 1