First Dream Team, Now All Star Team

GroundAttack

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/29/miles-sanders-we-feel-unstoppable-like-an-all-star-team/amp/

Vince Young is laughing somewhere. This really isn’t a big deal. But this part of the year is boring as we wait until end of July and something to laugh and talk about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Was waiting for this post. I think the difference this time is prime vs hasbeens. 

I'm mostly worried about Gannon and his trash schemes. At least Siri gave up play calling and we witnessed what this team could do offensively even with erratic QB play.

You people make this a thing, who gives an F what they call it. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You people make this a thing, who gives an F what they call it. 

Read what I said. This really isn’t a big deal

5 minutes ago, GroundAttack said:

Read what I said. This really isn’t a big deal

"Hey everyone! Make sure to see and reply to this thread I made emphasizing we’re now the allstar team! It’s really not a big deal, but I’ll double down in the thread title to make sure everyone is perfectly aware we’re now the all star team.”

The people who didn’t waste 2 seconds on this, they’re the ones who are allowed to proclaim it as not a big deal. The guy who felt motivated to make a thread about it… not so much.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

"Hey everyone! Make sure to see and reply to this thread I made emphasizing we’re now the allstar team! It’s really not a big deal, but I’ll double down in the thread title to make sure everyone is perfectly aware we’re now the all star team.”

The people who didn’t waste 2 seconds on this, they’re the ones who are allowed to proclaim it as not a big deal. The guy who felt motivated to make a thread about it… not so much.

The media these days always make something out of nothing. Let’s see where they take this. 

6 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

The media these days always make something out of nothing. Let’s see where they take this. 

Media already did their job.... It's more like let's see where the fans take it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Media already did their job.... It's more like let's see where the fans take it. 

Interesting to see. One thread with only 7 comments on it goes back to it not being a big deal. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna give OP a break because he created the first thread I've seen since the end of last season that hasn't turned into another 300 page circular discussion about you know what position on the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I'm gonna give OP a break because he created the first thread I've seen since the end of last season that hasn't turned into another 300 page circular discussion about you know what position on the team.

HAAA an all star team with HURTS as QUARTERBACK!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Kicker?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Kicker?

Elliott wasn't mentioned in that 100 best player list by that guy from CBS Sports, ergo he isn't good enough to win championships.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

They gotta have something to talk about/publish. It's the doldrums of the NFL season and there doesn't seem to be much interest in MLB except among the dedicated.

This fake modesty in sports is so boring. He‘ll probably regret it but I prefer this over all the PC talk any day.

Dream Team.  Vick declared his team a dynasty before they won anything.  Any team that has a lot of new pieces and changes needs to actually prove something before making declarations.  It's just dumb.

However, look at the full quote of what Sanders said that is linked - but not pasted by OP:

"Oh man. We all feel like we’re on an all-star team, so we feel great,” Sanders said, via Cody Benjamin of CBS Sports. "We feel unstoppable, I’m not gonna lie. The vibes are great, always have been. Nick Sirianni is doing a great job just keeping the vibes right, the chemistry good. We compete a lot in practice. But we’ve gotta see. It’s gonna come down to camp, taking it day by day, putting everything together.”

5 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Dead time of the year. I remember a new thread was created every other day. When camp starts it should get going again 

If I cared at all I'd say it's good that our running back has confidence in his team. Who cares what Vince Young said many years ago 

13 hours ago, NOTW said:

It's just dumb.

Maybe he would have been better not saying anything at all but overall I think it's a good thing that the team realizes they have sufficient talent to compete. 

Let this team start 1-5 and I can guarantee you this quote won’t stop coming out of the mouths of the talking heads like Dip Bayless.  

Miles Sanders doesn't have the status to be talking that trash. He STILL can even catch the ball out of the backfield, yet thinks he is an all time great. AJ called him on that statement, and actually reversed it and said this wasn't an all star team. Good on AJ. Players who run their yap, but can't back it up.... need to shut up until they CAN back it up. Hurts been talking too much, too, and he hasn't done sheeeet for this team yet, except make the OC change the entire offense into a running offense, because Hurts sucked so badly.

Bottom line- If you can't back up your talk, stfu until you can. Simple.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Miles Sanders doesn't have the status to be talking that trash. He STILL can even catch the ball out of the backfield, yet thinks he is an all time great. AJ called him on that statement, and actually reversed it and said this wasn't an all star team. Good on AJ. Players who run their yap, but can't back it up.... need to shut up until they CAN back it up. Hurts been talking too much, too, and he hasn't done sheeeet for this team yet, except make the OC change the entire offense into a running offense, because Hurts sucked so badly.

Bottom line- If you can't back up your talk, stfu until you can. Simple.

Actually, leave it to the city of Philadelphia to take a statement entirely out of context and twist it for the purpose of sensationalization. 

If one actually reads the question and response and still thinks this is the big deal people have tried to make it, then they are easily misled.

29 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Actually, leave it to the city of Philadelphia to take a statement entirely out of context and twist it for the purpose of sensationalization. 

If one actually reads the question and response and still thinks this is the big deal people have tried to make it, then they are easily misled.

It wasn’t a big deal to me without reading the entire quote.  But leave it to the media to run with just the part that would seem the most likely to create a reaction.