Sanders hurt again, now sidelined with hamstring injury

time2rock

43 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I don't disagree that it is smart to shut him down in order to have him in the best shape possible to start the season (and further that it is a great opportunity to get an extended look at some of the others on the DC, in particular Gainwell).  But I think most of the debate or discussion is about whether or not Sanders should warrant a contract extension.  

Clearly the contract decision is looming. I just don't see this "injury" as a factor as it's simply soreness or tightness. People have that after every workout. It's enough "reason" to shut him down for the remaining preseason. If we had a regular season game today, he'd play. It's that simple. 

My point is that people that want to talk about games missed due to injury have valid concerns. He's missed 8 out of 48 regular season games. This, however, should not be added to those concerns. 

I don’t think think he has a problem with injuries, but if you get tagged as "injury prone” it makes coming back harder.  Both athlete and coach play tentatively.

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Clearly the contract decision is looming. I just don't see this "injury" as a factor as it's simply soreness or tightness. People have that after every workout. It's enough "reason" to shut him down for the remaining preseason. If we had a regular season game today, he'd play. It's that simple. 

My point is that people that want to talk about games missed due to injury have valid concerns. He's missed 8 out of 48 regular season games. This, however, should not be added to those concerns. 

Again I don’t disagree with any of that.  But the debate over whether or not to extend him has been going on well before this latest issue.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

Again I don’t disagree with any of that.  But the debate over whether or not to extend him has been going on well before this latest issue.  

And I think it is time to end that debate. The Eagles should not consider extending Sanders. At this point I don't even think the price should matter. They just shouldn't.