GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Detroit Lions, 9-11-22, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

2 hours ago, Infam said:

Yes. Soft and … healthy.

He is happy with the soft part. Sorry, we can't have beers together now. 

Why was Sirianni running around throwing up the whole, "We're #1 sign," to the crowd after having the Lions hang 35 points on him?

48 minutes ago, Eaglesfandan said:

Why was Sirianni running around throwing up the whole, "We're #1 sign," to the crowd after having the Lions hang 35 points on him?

There was a lot of eagles fans that showed up maybe he was doing that for them

49 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

There was a lot of eagles fans that showed up maybe he was doing that for them

That's exactly who he was communicating with... there was a whole row of eagles fans he was yelling at 

4 minutes ago, judunno said:

That's exactly who he was communicating with... there was a whole row of eagles fans he was yelling at 

I figured, cause I remember the broadcasters saying there were a lot of eagles fans there

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I figured, cause I remember the broadcasters saying there were a lot of eagles fans there

Wonder if they had some Buddy's Pizza. 🍕

5 hours ago, KINGnabb said:

Exactly.  This was a road game at the end of the day.  Lions or not.   Also the Lions were clearly motivated about last year's blowout  This is why when they were getting Blown out again, they didn't fold this time.  They punched us back in the mouth.   Defense just needs to get a little tighter.   It was like Gannon was aggressive all game but got really passive at the end there.  A Big Lead can always evaporate if your not careful.  At the end of day, we won and that's all that matters.  They won't take the foot off the gas in the future now when we get big leads going forward.  They will learn from this.  Props to the Lions for fighting.    The Big Story of this game was AJ Brown and the Running game picking up where it left off.  

Are you sure?  Maybe Sirianni and Gannon will learn, it's still too early to tell.  But some coaches never adapt and learn.  Look at Schwartz, he cost us several games doing that prevent crap with a lead.  Andy never learned that he needed to run the ball after 14 years!

20 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Are you sure?  Maybe Sirianni and Gannon will learn, it's still too early to tell.  But some coaches never adapt and learn.  Look at Schwartz, he cost us several games doing that prevent crap with a lead.  Andy never learned that he needed to run the ball after 14 years!

They also had 4 new players on D who hadn't played much if at all together.  That easily could have led to miscommunication etc. Or not. Maybe they just aren't good. I'll take the win and watch next week

I’m not sure the severity of the Barnett injury but with the poor pass rush and number of runs around the end plus limited DE depth on the roster and practice squad, I’d be looking to add a couple DEs asap at least to the practice squad. 

21 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

They also had 4 new players on D who hadn't played much if at all together.  That easily could have led to miscommunication etc. Or not. Maybe they just aren't good. I'll take the win and watch next week

Next week will be a challenge with the Vikings having beat the Packers this week. 

3 hours ago, Eaglesfandan said:

I blame retardation and lead in the water

7 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Can we work on tackling in practice please 

When Siri says "We don't tackle to the ground", we all say "I KNOW!!"

28 minutes ago, 700Level4Life said:

The Lions aren't a bad team. Their a tough team. 

They are and I do think that factored in to the game today. We were up big and they aren't a team that will just quit. Before we knew it there was a real game on again. 

7 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Alright, Monday night home opener next week. Need the Cows to lose tonight for the cherry on top.

How about a cherry on top and some icing on the cake, Dak to have surgery on finger, out several weeks!

1 hour ago, 700Level4Life said:

The Lions aren't a bad team. Their a tough team. 

The stadium was also apparently incredibly loud. Although, that’s something the offense had to deal with, not the defense.

14 hours ago, Infam said:

Yes. Soft and … healthy.

Having a healthy squad to enter the season is nice but it comes at the expense of being conditioned (the defense was gassed) and also sound fundamentals (tackling ... what's that?!?!).  I do think the Lions are finally on the verge of moving up from being the perennial doormat but we were lucky we didn't start the season against a tougher opponent - I don't think we start 1-0 against a better team with the way the defense played.  

Just now, time2rock said:

Having a healthy squad to enter the season is nice but it comes at the expense of being conditioned (the defense was gassed) and also sound fundamentals (tackling ... what's that?!?!).  I do think the Lions are finally on the verge of moving up from being the perennial doormat but we were lucky we didn't start the season against a tougher opponent - I don't think we start 1-0 against a better team with the way the defense played.  

Completely agree with you. We got away with one today after what was a pretty good performance at one point. 

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

It's all true. It was a handicap for the first games and it does show. Yet it also did work and we are healthy, which is an investment in future games.

To come out of this strategy with a win to start obviously is excellent...

Pretty sure, the Lions and Vikings will be fighting it out for the Division. The Packers are toast. The Bears are vanilla. I wouldn't be shocked if the Lions find a way to win the Division. 

8 hours ago, Infam said:

Damn seven. He's improving. 

(I know he returned one to the house before. But still.)

How about a comparison of A.J. Brown and Treylon Burks. LOL. Recall during the draft how the Titans thinking was Burks would replace Brown's production. Hahahaha. 

A.J. Brown 

RECEIVING

Player REC YDS LNG TD
10 155 54 0

T. Burks          3                  55           27              0

Archived