Week 1 Discussion

GroundAttack

Thanks to @EagleJoe8 for letting me do the weekly gameday discussions again this year. 

Football is back as we begin the 2022 season with the Bills facing the defending super bowl champion Rams on TNF. 

The Eagles play the Lions in Detroit. The Lions always play hard for Campbell so don't take this game lightly.

Saints with a healthy Winston and Michael Thomas go Atlanta to face Mariota and the Falcons.

The Trey Lance era starts in San Fran as the Niners go to Chicago to face the new led Matt Eberflus Bears.

Mitch Trubisky won the Qb battle in Pittsburgh over Kenny Pickett and the post Ben Roethlisberger era begins as Pitt faces the Bengals in Cincy.

AFC East battle as the Patriots go down to south beach and play a much improved Dolphins team where NE has had trouble winning recently down in Florida.

Joe Flacco gets the start over the injured Zach Wilson as the Jets play at home against Flaccos` old team, the Ravens.

Doug Pederson is the new man in charge down in Jacksonville. A QB friendly coach in Dougy P should help improve Lawrence entering year 2. The Jags had the first overall pick the last few years. They play the Commanders with new QB Carson Wentz under center.

Nothing like a little drama. Baker Mayfield, the new QB for the Panthers, welcome in his old team the Cleveland Browns. This one should be fun.

Indy goes south and plays the Texans in Houston. New colts QB Matt Ryan gets his first start with another team other than the Falcons. Love Smith now the head coach in Houston. 

A new GM and head coach for the Giants and maybe 1 more prove it year for Daniel Jones as the Giants failed to pick up his 5th year option. The Giants face the reigning no. 1 seed in the AFC, the Titans.

Packers vs. Vikings in Minnesota. The packers lost Adams to the Raiders but they still have Aaron Rodgers. This will be a tough game for the Packers. I have the Vikings pulling off the upset win. 

Mahomes leads his Chiefs into Arizona to play the DeAndre Hopkins less Cardinals. Mahomes vs. Murray should be fun.

Big expectations for the Raiders this year as we have a rematch against the Chargers from last years game that everyone wanted to end in a tie. I have Herbert winning MVP this year.

SNF is a battle between the Bucs and Cowboys from Dallas. These 2 teams kicked off the season last year in Tampa.

MNF is one everyone is talking about. Russell Wilson, now the QB for the Broncos, is coming home and faces his former team the Seahawks. 

Alpine hasn't created a stand alone thread for tonight's game. I'm guessing it makes sense to just post in here if he doesn't make a thread.

Bills QB Josh Allen with another stiff arm, so he stiff arms a lot I think more than any other NFL QB in the last few seasons.

Should be an "Angry Run" if nothing else for Friday's coverage on NFL Network.

Buffalo is clearly the better team tonight as long as they don't get sloppy.

3 turnovers (-2) is keeping it close.

Von Miller is why everyone is on the Buffalo bandwagon.

He made the Rams a really good pressure D down the stretch and he's taking the Bills to the next level.

The Rams O-line looks like the Bengals 2021 O-line right now. (6 sacks so far)

The best of the AFC EAST vs the best of the NFC West.
What a great game to start the season. Glad the Eagles don't have to play either of these teams during regular season.

Rams got Seattle's Bobby Wagner too, I don't think the Rams will repeat but they are going to be a tough post season team to defeat.

6 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Von Miller is why everyone is on the Buffalo bandwagon.

He made the Rams a really good pressure D down the stretch and he's taking the Bills to the next level.

The Rams O-line looks like the Bengals 2021 O-line right now. (6 sacks so far)

He already has 2 sacks this game, had 5 with Rams.
Def. a future HOF LB!

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Allen has been running a lot in this game

He's got that old school Steve Young power running style.

Maybe take a few less hits though.

8 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Allen has been running a lot in this game

image.png.a473eafa4a9115ede8256ef743ce7514.png

He's pretty good at throwing too.

1 minute ago, JournalistMic said:

image.png.a473eafa4a9115ede8256ef743ce7514.png

He's pretty good at throwing too.

He's thrown some absolute beautiful lasers

Diggs is going to get flagged for that but I don't think he cares :roll:

Nevermind, I thought they flagged him for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Archived