Derek Barnett Torn ACL - Season Ending

pgcd3

Don't have to worry about roughing the passer penalties the rest of the year

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hate to see it happen. While he hasn't lived up to his draft pick status he is better than the next man up. I wonder if they will be looking for some DE help now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, metal said:

Hate to see it happen. While he hasn't lived up to his draft pick status he is better than the next man up. I wonder if they will be looking for some DE help now.

Makes sense to beef up the depth.

10 minutes ago, PhillyPhreak24 said:

JPP is a free agent. He might be worth a look. 

Didnt have such a productive season. Definitely has to be bargain price, if he's healthy.

The eagles may use Milton Williams at DE as he has played DT/DE in college and I think a little last year with the eagles.  There's not much on the free agent market and Barnett's production won't be difficult to fill........JPP has been mentioned and if he's healthy, he's worth a look.

• Like 4

I know people have soured completely on Barnett, but this is a loss. He's better than a lot of people give him credit for and could have been a really useful rotation piece this year.

• Like 6

This allows Jackson to get in the line up.  He got better from last year and is ready for a rotational role.  No drop off from Barnett

• Like 1

Just now, downundermike said:

Was posted in the blog at least an hour ago.

aah damn....late like barnett to the QB 😆

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

At least there was no penalties from him. They'll probably bring him back for depth but I see us moving on

Don’t underestimate him wandering onto the field and us getting a too many men on the field penalty

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

So they are one injury to either Sweat or Graham away from having to completely restructure the defense. 

A 3-4 might fit their personnel better at this point

• Like 1

A lot of us wanted to draft a DE with one of the 3 picks they had in the 1st round.

Sweat is ok, we like Graham but his age and recent injury are a concern.  This should have been a year for a draft pick to train under BG the way Davis will replace Cox.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

A lot of us wanted to draft a DE with one of the 3 picks they had in the 1st round.

Sweat is ok, we like Graham but his age and recent injury are a concern.  This should have been a year for a draft pick to train under BG the way Davis will replace Cox.

Clearly, April 2023 draft, DE will be a top need. 

• Like 1

Just now, jsdarkstar said:

Clearly, April 2023 draft, DE will be a top need. 

It was a top need last year as well.  Of course Howie could end up addressing in free agency, perhaps even this season before the trade deadline you never know.  And you have to see how the DE class is, value for the round, etc. but I'd love to see a top DE prospect drafted.

• Like 2