1 hour ago, NOTW said:

You don't miss this?

ap-eagles-redskins-football21.jpg?w=1000

Went to the playoffs with those lol

Foles also had his 27-2 year with those signs

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Mike Schmidt was right - "In Philadelphia it's the agony of victory"

Here are the major stories being talked and written about. Note they are not about Brown or Sanders or Epps or the OL. 

• Hurst runs too much
  • Davis didn't play enough snaps
  • They didn't tackle in training camp (or the game)
  • The pass rush wasn't there
  • The defense didn't adjust
  • Davante Smith didn't get a reception

All of that is true, but they are 90% of the coverage and talk. 

I really dislike most of out media. 

All those stories are true. Not made up. Reality. They reported what actually happened, knowing if it was decent team they did this against, they would have gotten their arses handed to them. It was freekin Detroit, and it didn't feel like a win. Personally, I'll take it, but it didn't feel like a win. They need to get it together now, not 7 games from now.

34 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

All those stories are true. Not made up. Reality. They reported what actually happened, knowing if it was decent team they did this against, they would have gotten their arses handed to them. It was freekin Detroit, and it didn't feel like a win. Personally, I'll take it, but it didn't feel like a win. They need to get it together now, not 7 games from now.

How do we know at this point that detroit isn't a "decent team?" They are building that team from the trenches, have one of the best O-lines in the NFL and their defense made our team's strength (our O-line) look like it couldn't pass protect. They're coming off a bad season, but they don't look like a 3-win (only) team this year. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Went to the playoffs with those lol

Foles also had his 27-2 year with those signs

Still the only NFL quarterback Chip Kelly was a winning record with, and he couldn’t wait to get rid of him. The Eagles got more in a trade for Jalen Reagor than they did for Desean Jackson. Eff Chip Kelly. 

14 hours ago, Talonblood said:

i don't like the way they played either. My pointis that there is absolutely no balance in the media coverage  - it is 90% negative. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It's very true... The Eagles win and the media focus on the negatives. But that's just the way it is unfortunately. 

The media?  Scroll around this site for five minutes and you'll need anti-depressants.  

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2022 at 12:38 PM, Rob331 said:

Hurst runs too much

Davante Smith didn't get a reception

These are big issues. If Hurts keeps running at every opp like Wentz his career will probably follow the same trajectory.
Hurts is a little better at avoiding big hits but it only takes one.

Let's see if either of them finish this season uninjured.

And Smith needs to be in the mix. If not, then trade him for a high pick. I'd hate to see that happen but I'd also hate to see a great talent wasted,
left to wither on the sidelines.

• Like 1

Here are the major stories being talked and written about. Note they are not about Brown or Sanders or Epps or the OL. 

• Hurst runs too much

"Thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day."

But carry on.

Oh, BTW, they beat the 31st best team in football last year by 3 points.  Should anyone be planning a parade?  They won.  They showed weaknesses.  

17 hours ago, brkmsn said:

How do we know at this point that detroit isn't a "decent team?" They are building that team from the trenches, have one of the best O-lines in the NFL and their defense made our team's strength (our O-line) look like it couldn't pass protect. They're coming off a bad season, but they don't look like a 3-win (only) team this year. 

They are what their record says they are.  And Detroit has been a laughing stock for decades.  Until they prove otherwise, they are going to be considered a bottom 5 team in the league each and every year.

On 9/14/2022 at 12:08 PM, Iggles_Phan said:

They are what their record says they are.  And Detroit has been a laughing stock for decades.  Until they prove otherwise, they are going to be considered a bottom 5 team in the league each and every year.

So were the Bengals at the beginning of last season. 

27 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Difference is the QB. Kinda what we all keep trying to say 

Burrow changed Cincinnati

Goff doesn't move the meter

26 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

And then they proved otherwise.  We've been hearing about how Detroit is different since Barry Sanders retired.    They made the playoffs 3 times this century.  Their last playoff win was in 1991... with Barry.  

I'll say they are improved when they actually prove it.  Until then, they are the same team that has finished last in the NFC North for the last 4 years.   They are a bottom 5 franchise in the NFL.  

• Hurst runs too much  he was running for his life for most of the early part of that game
  • Davis didn't play enough snaps  they probably felt it best to work him in slowly since players aren't fully conditioned yet (especially true for rookies who aren't used to life in the NFL)
  • They didn't tackle in training camp (or the game)  that was the argument for why there was such poor tackling in this game
  • The pass rush wasn't there  it wasn't
  • The defense didn't adjust  they didn't
  • Davante Smith didn't get a reception  DeVonta ... not concerned ... Brown feasted

1 hour ago, time2rock said:
  • Hurst runs too much  he was running for his life for most of the early part of that game
  • Davis didn't play enough snaps  they probably felt it best to work him in slowly since players aren't fully conditioned yet (especially true for rookies who aren't used to life in the NFL)
  • They didn't tackle in training camp (or the game)  that was the argument for why there was such poor tackling in this game
  • The pass rush wasn't there  it wasn't
  • The defense didn't adjust  they didn't
  • Davante Smith didn't get a reception  DeVonta ... not concerned ... Brown feasted

I don't disagree TTR, but my point is that 90% of the coverage of a win is negative. I hate the Philadelphia media. 

@Rob331 Its not just the media. They just give the people what they want for clicks and ratings.

Read some of these people on here. They actually HATE Jalen Hurts. They want to find fault with wins. They would rather we lose than Hurts win playoff games.

Lots of them have rage problems with dwarves and elves this year too. 

• Hurst runs too much

It isn't called Negadelphia for nothing. 

Hell, people were still critical over the SB victory. 

22 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Read some of these people on here. They actually HATE Jalen Hurts.

The point is that it's SOME - it's balanced probably more favorable than negative. My guess is 60-40%. The medias coverage the week has been 90% negativce and we won. 

I was coorected abut Mike Schmidt's quote - "The thrill of voctory and the agony of reading about it the next day". It has never been more true than this week. 

11 hours ago, Rob331 said:

The point is that it's SOME - it's balanced probably more favorable than negative. My guess is 60-40%. The medias coverage the week has been 90% negativce and we won. 

I was coorected abut Mike Schmidt's quote - "The thrill of voctory and the agony of reading about it the next day". It has never been more true than this week. 

And you have not one - but two- topics this week since the win being negative toward the media. And one negative about the defense. 

You could choose to post positive thoughts but you're contributing to the negativity yourself. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2022 at 5:37 AM, Iggles_Phan said:

I'll say they are improved when they actually prove it.  Until then, they are the same team that has finished last in the NFC North for the last 4 years.   They are a bottom 5 franchise in the NFL.  

You can say whatever you want, whenever you want. That doesn't make Detroit a bad team this year. 

Just now, brkmsn said:

You can say whatever you want, whenever you want. That doesn't make Detroit a bad team this year. 

Ok.   

50 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Ok.   

FWIW they put up 36 points today, rushed for almost 200 yards, their top WR had 116 yards & 2 TD.

Screenshot_20220918_172235.jpg

12 minutes ago, NOTW said:

FWIW they put up 36 points today, rushed for almost 200 yards, their top WR had 116 yards & 2 TD.

Screenshot_20220918_172235.jpg

Thanks.  I'm aware.