What to do with CeeDee Lamb?

eaglesfan0075

Let's get the obligatory "bad karma for drafting a Cowboys player early" sentiment out of the way first...yeah I know lol

Ok, so I am in a 10 team PPR with Lamb originally drafted as WR1, and lost last week. My depth at RB is stronger than my depth at WR which concerns me if Lamb's stock truly plummets as some predict. Based on a very small sample size, Lamb actually did fairly well in PPR with Cooper Rush as his QB1 filling in for Dak last year, but of course the OL and rest of the offense as a whole has been downgraded since 2021. No guarantees that he'll see the same volume or if the offense does anywhere as well this time around.

That being said, I've explored the trade market, first trying to see if I could upgrade at TE from Dallas Goedert to one of Travis Kelce / Mark Andrews / Kyle Pitts. That did not work out. Tried trading for Tee Higgins or DJ Moore for Lamb straight up and that didn't work out either.

There's an offer on the table: CeeDee Lamb for Amon-Ra St. Brown. The other owner is intrigued and hasn't declined it, but he tried countering either Juju Smith-Schuster or Jahan Dotson for Lamb, which I said was too low. He does also have Gabriel Davis on the bench, who is an intriguing option IMO, but I feel like that is also selling low on Lamb? The last option is just to wait it out for a bit and hope for Lamb to salvage some value.  

Here is my roster for reference:

QB: Tom Brady, Kirk Cousins

RB: Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, A.J. Dillon, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Rex Burkhead, Alexander Mattison, Gus Edwards (IR)

WR: A.J. Brown, CeeDee Lamb, Brandin Cooks, Drake London, Jameson Williams (IR)

TE: Dallas Goedert, Tyler Higbee

D/ST: Ravens

K: Jake Elliott

Should I aggressively pursue the trade market for Lamb before Sunday's games or wait this one out? Obviously I don't want to sell too low either, and part of me wonders if Amon-Ra St. Brown is possibly selling too low, given the possibility of Dak returning sooner than initially expected? Fortunately A.J. Brown has been a beast for us and looks like a legit WR1, definitely a value pick for where I got him in the 4th round, and maybe I can flex Dillon/CEH for a while until I figure out what to do with Lamb.

I'm not totally down on Cooper Rush at QB. I think he can be a capable replacement. So one option is to wait it out. The downgrade at QB might not be as bad as you expect. The problem is Lamb was pretty useless no matter who was playing QB last week.... But you drafted Lamb as a starting WR, so in most cases I'd still likely start Lamb this week and hope it was a fluke.

That said, I think St. Brown is incredible value in a trade. I admit Lamb has the better talent in a vacuum, but St. Brown gets so many targets he is really valuable in fantasy. I'd take that trade and run.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, toolg said:

I'm not totally down on Cooper Rush at QB. I think he can be a capable replacement. So one option is to wait it out. The downgrade at QB might not be as bad as you expect. The problem is Lamb was pretty useless no matter who was playing QB last week.... But you drafted Lamb as a starting WR, so in most cases I'd still likely start Lamb this week and hope it was a fluke.

That said, I think St. Brown is incredible value in a trade. I admit Lamb has the better talent in a vacuum, but St. Brown gets so many targets he is really valuable in fantasy. I'd take that trade and run.

I'm leaving that trade offer on the table in case the other owner comes around and accepts it after mulling it over, but I don't think I would accept anything much lower than that. 

Looking at my RBs and WRs I would say the obvious must-starts are Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, and A.J. Brown. That leaves WR2 and FLEX.

Would you go with Brandin Cooks and CeeDee Lamb at WR and FLEX or start AJ Dillon at FLEX with Cooks/Lamb at WR?

3 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Would you go with Brandin Cooks and CeeDee Lamb at WR and FLEX or start AJ Dillon at FLEX with Cooks/Lamb at WR?

Cooks and Lamb. I don't know what to make of AJ Dillon yet. He looks for real, but his ceiling is capped with Aaron Jones there. They're going to steal touches from each other. I think they're both looking TD dependent. It could be another low scoring affair against the Bears.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, toolg said:

Cooks and Lamb. I don't know what to make of AJ Dillon yet. He looks for real, but his ceiling is capped with Aaron Jones there. They're going to steal touches from each other. I think they're both looking TD dependent. It could be another low scoring affair against the Bears.

I agree that they will steal touches from each other but I think there is a realistic scenario where both backs can be starters given the fact the WR corps is largely unproven and Rodgers will look to his RBs more?

On the trade front, this owner with St. Brown also has Jaylen Waddle as his other starting WR and Gabriel Davis on his bench. I think St. Brown makes the most sense of these three for PPR purposes, but if I were to get a counter from him for either of these two guys instead, should I still pull the trigger? On the fence here.

Both are solid #2s in their respective offenses in real life and I wouldn't realistically expect either to be a fantasy WR1 in PPR, but rather a high end WR2. The hope with Lamb is that he performs at a WR1 level at some point, so I feel like this could be selling too low? Thoughts?

The market for lamb is going to plummet regardless until dak is back.  Id actually try to hang on to him. Don’t sell low.

you’re onto something with upgrading TE but could mean giving up more Than you’d want.  It depends on how you value the RB position.  You have assets there.  Can’t start them all, right?  Keep cook, Barkley, and CEH.  Move any of the others in a package with lamb. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

On the trade front, this owner with St. Brown also has Jaylen Waddle as his other starting WR and Gabriel Davis on his bench. I think St. Brown makes the most sense of these three for PPR purposes, but if I were to get a counter from him for either of these two guys instead, should I still pull the trigger? On the fence here.

Both are solid #2s in their respective offenses in real life and I wouldn't realistically expect either to be a fantasy WR1 in PPR, but rather a high end WR2. The hope with Lamb is that he performs at a WR1 level at some point, so I feel like this could be selling too low? Thoughts?

I really like Waddle's talent. So much so I think he could really be the Dolphins WR1 over Hill. Or consider them WR1A and WR1B. Gabe Davis is definitely behind Diggs in the Bills pecking order. But you picked Lamb because he's a clear #1 WR on his team. So that's the value you'd expect to get back in a trade. So Waddle I'm on the fence, Davis pass. I am afraid Lamb's value can't get much lower than it is now, speculating a drop in production without Dak.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Godfather said:

Who's on the market? 

So I'm debating trading CeeDee Lamb versus keeping him and hoping he salvages his value with Dak out. I attempted to package Goedert and Lamb for Kelce/Andrews/Pitts but that didn't work out. Tried doing a WR swap for DJ Moore / Tee Higgins / Amon-Ra St. Brown and that also didn't work out.

I am considering what @DBW has proposed and packaging one of my backup RBs in a trade for an elite TE. The owners of Andrews and Pitts actually have a pretty solid RB combo, however the owner of Travis Kelce may be interested in a RB to go with Lamb.

Kelce owners RBs and WRs:

RB: Aaron Jones, Travis Etienne, Breece Hall, Dameon Pierce, Kenneth Walker, Khalil Herbert

WR: Justin Jefferson, Darnell Mooney, Chase Claypool, Hunter Renfrow, Kadarius Toney,  Mecole Hardman

If I keep Cook, Barkley and CEH, that realistically leaves me with AJ Dillon and Rex Burkhead as trade options as Mattison has more value to me as a handcuff to Cook and Gus Edwards is still out. It will probably eventually require Dillon in a trade, but I'm going to start with Burkhead and see if he bites or counters.

Proposed trade:

I receive: Travis Kelce

He receives: CeeDee Lamb, Rex Burkhead, Dallas Goedert

• Like 1

I'd take that trade and run with it. I think I'm stuck with Zeke. He's probably untradeable. 

Lamb had a better game Sunday vs. Bengals. But I still feel like he's going to be difficult to get decent value in return in a trade.