Week 2 Discussion

GroundAttack

9 minutes ago, metal said:

Welp, Geno Smith still sucks. Last week was his Super Bowl and he came back down to earth

Everything the 12s get they deserve (I mean the counterfeit 12s. The real 12s are at Texas A&M). 10 or 20 years of failure? They earned it last Monday.

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Go Packers

Ok, I have to ask… why?

I mean I don’t think the Eagles are good enough to do better than maybe 10 wins, but if they DO somehow put together a great year shouldn’t we want NFC contenders to lose

Not even two full weeks into the season, only two teams in the NFC have not won a game (Atlanta and Carolina, who collectively have lost games by 1, 2, 3 and 4 points).

11 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Giants will beat Cowboys next week and after that crumble

Maybe, maybe not. They’re 2-0 without their two best pass rushers taking a snap. The defense might get better. 

3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Maybe, maybe not. They’re 2-0 without their two best pass rushers taking a snap. The defense might get better. 

From a Giant fan perspective, what makes you think they won’t fall off? As far as I can tell, they really didn’t make any big upgrades over last year’s abysmal roster. 

12 hours ago, nipples said:

Ok, I have to ask… why?

I mean I don’t think the Eagles are good enough to do better than maybe 10 wins, but if they DO somehow put together a great year shouldn’t we want NFC contenders to lose

It's week 2. I'm enjoying good QB play. I like watching Rodgers

IF we do somehow get to the playoffs then you don't want to face the best?

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

It's week 2. I'm enjoying good QB play. I like watching Rodgers

IF we do somehow get to the playoffs then you don't want to face the best?

My point is if the Eagles had a great year, you have to think about seeding.

Just makes sense to always root against the teams who are going to likely be near the top of the conference by season’s end. Especially when playing a team that almost certainly isn’t making the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, nipples said:

My point is if the Eagles had a great year, you have to think about seeding.

That's a big if. Football is back and I'm not thinking about the playoffs or seeding

3 hours ago, nipples said:

From a Giant fan perspective, what makes you think they won’t fall off? As far as I can tell, they really didn’t make any big upgrades over last year’s abysmal roster. 

They made one enormous upgrade, they changed the coaching staff. Last years Giants start 0-2 no doubt. This years version plays more aggressive, they play to win. Wink is a really good DC. 

We also have a competent OL. The interior is still a work in progress, but Thomas has evolved into a top 5 LT and Neal is worlds better than Nate Solder at RT. 

Barkley is healthy. 

If injuries hit the wheels will fall off. This is still a rebuilding team without a ton of depth. But if we‘re league average in terms of injuries I see 7-9 wins (no playoffs), revised from the pre season 4-5 wins I expected. 

5 hours ago, nipples said:

When I was watching the Panthers/giants game the broadcast crew said the giants were absolutely dreadful the first half of game 1. Then said they weren't much better against the Panthers who is also a bad team. So I don't know what the fans are looking at that make them think they are on the come up either  lol. 

Archived