Kirk, throw it at Slay again...

Portyansky

12 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m seeing very few options other than Hurts now. Two first will not be enough to get up to the point where the Eagles can get another quarterback. Heck if the Eagles truly wanted to draft a quarterback next season they would have flipped three of their picks and not two of them. Despite what everyone wants it’s obvious that the Eagles are if nothing else willing to give Hurts this chance. They keep telling us he’s their guy, but so many just refuse to listen.

I think the idea was that either Hurts was bad and we had at least one really high #1 to package with New Orleans' #1 pick, or the Eagles are picking at the low end of Round 1, meaning Hurts is probably good and packaging first round picks to move up for a QB is not necessary.

Right now it's the latter, but a lot of things can change...especially after Week 5 when teams typically start playing more consistently.  Everyone is still feeling each other out.  Someone will come in bust this team in the mouth and then all other teams will copy.  It'll be interesting to see how this staff responds when that happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vee said:

I think the idea was that either Hurts was bad and we had at least one really high #1 to package with New Orleans' #1 pick, or the Eagles are picking at the low end of Round 1, meaning Hurts is probably good and packaging first round picks to move up for a QB is not necessary.

Right now it's the latter, but a lot of things can change...especially after Week 5 when teams typically start playing more consistently.  Everyone is still feeling each other out.  Someone will come in bust this team in the mouth and then all other teams will copy.  It'll be interesting to see how this staff responds when that happens.

I think a lot of this game is about confidence and right now he has a lot of confidence in his own abilities. Time will tell, but we have seen how a fast start could lead to greatness and we have seen a slow start for a quarterback lead to career lows. In any case I’m not worried about extensions or draft picks right now. It’s about this season. 

15 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m seeing very few options other than Hurts now. Two first will not be enough to get up to the point where the Eagles can get another quarterback. Heck if the Eagles truly wanted to draft a quarterback next season they would have flipped three of their picks and not two of them. Despite what everyone wants it’s obvious that the Eagles are if nothing else willing to give Hurts this chance. They keep telling us he’s their guy, but so many just refuse to listen.

If Hurts keeps playing like he has been, they won’t need to look for another QB. 

But I don’t agree that two first wouldn’t be enough to move up for a Qb in the draft if they did go that route. I do believe that saints pick alone will be top 10. Bundle that with the Eagles own first and they can likely move up. If they wanted to. Again, that’s only if Hurts regresses the rest of the way.