Weekly line thread: Eagles -6.5 at Commanders

Hawkeye

Everything changed after Monday night. The Eagles opened --4 ahead of the game and were  -7 by Tuesday morning.  60% of the money and 68% of the tickets are on the Eagles, while 80% of the O/U money is on the under. The total dropped as well, moving from 50.5 pregame to 47.5 this afternoon.  Even the money line blew up.  Not to sound negative, but all that feels like an overreaction.  It's a divisional game, on the road against you-know-who.  Washington is 1-1 ATS and SU, averaging 27.5 PPG.  Let's see how the line develops as the week rolls on, and I think the Eagles will win outright, but right now I'm leaning toward the Commanders +6.5/7 and over the total. 

Side: Eagles -6.5/Commanders
Total: -47.5
ML: Eagles -$278/Commanders +230. 

If Wentz will hold on to the ball as long as he usually does, rushing only 4 will benefit us. With that said. I hope Gannon has realized that blitzing works well for us 

• Like 1

WIP said they know of 12 busses of fans going down to DC. Not even counting the people in the local area going or the people driving down. This might feel like a home game especially after their loss to the Lions.

18 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Eagles - 6.5  and bet the over on 47.5. 

Eagles 34

Commanders 17

typical eagle fan taking this game lightly...YALL keep LAUGHING

• Haha 2

Wentz probably has the best group of WRs he has ever had I don't think this will be as easy as a one dimensional Vikings team.

Quiet as it's kept your eagles barely beat the commanders in both games last year and we had more backups on the field then starter's a' lot of them were just picked up that week..LOOK for a different outcome this sunday..I know your eagles are flying high but there is a HIGH POWERED rifle with a scope pointed right at it..[BOOM]

26 minutes ago, TheLeadCommander said:

typical eagle fan taking this game lightly...YALL keep LAUGHING

Not taking it lightly. Just being realistic. What you think the Commanders can win? 

13 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Not taking it lightly. Just being realistic. What you think the Commanders can win? 

They score a lot of points, are at home vs. a divisional rival and Wentz is playing well.  Not that they'll win, but high-scoring teams are always dangerous when given a TD or more. 

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

They score a lot of points, are at home vs. a divisional rival and Wentz is playing well.  Not that they'll win, but high-scoring teams are always dangerous when given a TD or more. 

Have they played a good defense yet? I believe our D will hold them under 17 points. I don't think their Offense is as good as the Vikings. 

19 minutes ago, TheLeadCommander said:

Quiet as it's kept your eagles barely beat the commanders in both games last year and we had more backups on the field then starter's a' lot of them were just picked up that week..LOOK for a different outcome this sunday..I know your eagles are flying high but there is a HIGH POWERED rifle with a scope pointed right at it..[BOOM]

Neither of these teams are the same from last season. After a loss against the Lions should you really be chirping? You best player is out for this game. Your offensive line is suspect. Your run game is average at best. I know it’s typical for Skin err I mean Football Team, err I mean Commie fans to think every year is their year, but seriously you’re being a little to confident after you win against the Jags;  a game you almost lost.

5 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Have they played a good defense yet? I believe our D will hold them under 17 points. I don't think their Offense is as good as the Vikings. 

Well, they've only played 2 games obviously, and are 1-1 ATS. The Eagles gave up 35 to Detroit so I don't know what to make of their defense either.  That's why 6.5 seems like a big number. 

1 hour ago, jsdarkstar said:

It might not be overall... But Wentz is capable of playing better than Coupons did on Monday night. And ultimately that was a big factor (as well as how well the defense played) in why the Vikings only put up 7.

We had a tough time against a Detroit team that historically has been terrible but appear to be possibly turning the corner.  We played probably our best game under Sirianni on Monday.  Hard to know exactly what this team is yet (or any team really).  First game against a divisional rival ... we all know how these games go.  I wouldn't touch this game if I were a betting man (I'm not).  

• Like 1

I think we’re clearly the better team but I can easily see the Redskins covering, and I wouldn’t be shocked if they win outright. I don’t bet but I think I’d take the points. 

59 minutes ago, time2rock said:

We had a tough time against a Detroit team that historically has been terrible but appear to be possibly turning the corner.  We played probably our best game under Sirianni on Monday.  Hard to know exactly what this team is yet (or any team really).  First game against a divisional rival ... we all know how these games go.  I wouldn't touch this game if I were a betting man (I'm not).  

smart man...

I must admit I'm a bit shocked that you eagle fans are not quick to declare this game a butt kicking at fedexfield by your team...That speaks volumes!!!!

1 hour ago, TheLeadCommander said:

I must admit I'm a bit shocked that you eagle fans are not quick to declare this game a butt kicking at fedexfield by your team...That speaks volumes!!!!

I must admit, I am a bit shocked at the fact that a Washington Commanders fan can formulate a coherent sentence