Weekly line thread: Eagles -6.5 at Commanders

Hawkeye

8 minutes ago, RebelJedi said:

I must admit, I am a bit shocked at the fact that a Washington Commanders fan can formulate a coherent sentence

8 minutes ago, RebelJedi said:

I must admit, I am a bit shocked at the fact that a Washington Commanders fan can formulate a coherent sentence

YOU don't know us well...

Would be insane not to expect Carson to come out on fire on Sunday. We’ve all seen this movie before.

We need to weather the storm early but I’d expect quite the storm.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thrive said:

Would be insane not to expect Carson to come out on fire on Sunday. We’ve all seen this movie before.

Yeah I think that's fair to say. He's going to be super pumped up and he's going to come out throwing everything at us. Mind you with Wentz that may work in our favour. 

22 hours ago, time2rock said:

We had a tough time against a Detroit team that historically has been terrible but appear to be possibly turning the corner.  We played probably our best game under Sirianni on Monday.  Hard to know exactly what this team is yet (or any team really).  First game against a divisional rival ... we all know how these games go.  I wouldn't touch this game if I were a betting man (I'm not).  

There are already people saying to give Hurts a mega deal

3 hours ago, Thrive said:

Outside of 2017, what I remember about Wentz in big games is starting slow because he comes in so amped up and forcing things. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

There are already people saying to give Hurts a mega deal

Waaaaaaay to early to be thinking about that.  We're only 2 games into his 3rd rookie season ( :P ).  Seriously though, this is the season where expectations are that he takes a huge step forward by making significant strides in his passing game to become more of a complete QB.  Nowhere near enough data to form that kind of evaluation after only 2 games.  He looked great Monday night ... let's see if he can stack together multiple games looking like that - that's the key to me  in deciding whether or not to give him a new deal ... to play that way more consistently.    

4 hours ago, Thrive said:

When's the last time though that he's really had a great game? Probably talking years. 

14 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

I can never get a read on these games.

Divisional matchups are just odd sometimes. 

Same here. Didn’t we trail by double digits in both games against Washington last year?  One of which Garrett Gilbert was their QB. Couple that with a relatively in form Carson and it can quickly turn into an ish show.

I certainly don’t understand the 6.5 pt spread for games like this. People are insane betting those numbers.

49 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

When's the last time though that he's really had a great game? Probably talking years. 

With the weapons they have, he probably doesn’t need a great game but he sure has looked pretty good these last few weeks.

• Like 2

The Eagles are much more likely to blow out Wash than the other way around.  That's for sure.

With that said, it's a divisional game, the Eagles are away, and anything could happen.  

11 minutes ago, gregbwfc1 said:

Any sort of win will do.

These buggers always play the Eagles tough.

Yall might be the better team but you better be ready for a battle we need this game badly its not a must win,but a win could set the stage for the season..

31 minutes ago, TheLeadCommander said:

Yall might be the better team but you better be ready for a battle we need this game badly its not a must win,but a win could set the stage for the season..

These games just end up being slugfests and both teams always want to win badly. Mostly just comes down to luck and which team is hot on the day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thrive said:

These games just end up being slugfests and both teams always want to win badly. Mostly just comes down to luck and which team is hot on the day.

WORDS OF WISDOM...

Commanders (lol) fans will leave FedEx Field by the end of the third quarter, leaving only the Eagles fans in the stadium. Again. Eagles will more than cover that spread. I would take the Eagles at -9.5 without a hesitant thought.

2 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

Commanders (lol) fans will leave FedEx Field by the end of the third quarter, leaving only the Eagles fans in the stadium. Again. Eagles will more than cover that spread. I would take the Eagles at -9.5 without a hesitant thought.

BET..

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

I'm a continent and a half away, what are you hoping for

all expense paid for 2 so i can bring my wife over there to see the bull fight..and i promise to jump in the ring with the bull...DEAL?

3 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

You're tripping, motherFer, but you do make me laugh

I thought you would atleast laugh...lol

• Haha 1

Stats say Eagles should be able to run on them.  I’m all for time consuming drives, control the clock.

Honestly Im a bit worried because it is an NFC East matchup and it’s almost always close. Hoping the Eagles come out quick and just cruise to an easy win.

On 9/24/2022 at 9:07 PM, kiwinavega said:

You're welcome, don't spend it all at once

23 hours ago, TheLeadCommander said:

all expense paid for 2 so i can bring my wife over there to see the bull fight..and i promise to jump in the ring with the bull...DEAL?

Looking forward to my return tickets to Philly and two tickets to the Linc. I'll cover spending money, just to be fair. Although you can buy me a cheesesteak