Eagles now favored to win the NFC

Hawkeye

The Eagles are now +360 to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, ahead of Tampa Bay and Green Bay which are at +400.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/futures/nfc-champion-odds

Jalen Hurts is now tied for 3rd in the NFL, with Lamar Jackson, to win the MVP award at +700.  Only Allen and Mahomes are ahead of them.

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/nfl/mvp-odds/

I’d say this season is off to a good start. 

• Like 9

Early days but they've been impressive so far that's for sure. Need to handle the Jags next week though otherwise the great work the last 3 weeks will be undone a little. 

• Like 5

For those who don’t follow the money line, if you bet $100 on the Eagles to win the NFC and they do, you’d collect $360 if they do.  Same with Hurts - you’d risk $100 to win $700.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

The Eagles are now +360 to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, ahead of Tampa Bay and Green Bay which are at +400.

I put money down on them at +1000 in early September and regretted waiting as long as I did. I think the number was closer to 1500 (or 2000) during the early summer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I put money down on them at +1000 in early September and regretted waiting as long as I did. I think the number was closer to 1500 (or 2000) during the early summer. 

Same.  I have to go check but my odds were in that neighborhood as well.

5 hours ago, vaff said:

I’m not comfortable calling the Eagles "favourites” in a conference with Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.

You might not be but Vegas is.  These are odds, not predictions.  They reflect the way wagers are coming in.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

You might not be but Vegas is.  These are odds, not predictions.  They reflect the way wagers are coming in.

I’m aware.

7 hours ago, vaff said:

I’m not comfortable calling the Eagles "favourites” in a conference with Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.

Brady? Sure. Rodgers? He has only 1 SB win to his name, and has been an early out in many playoffs in his career. There are still other strong teams in the NFC like the Rams. But early indications are that the Eagles are in the lead. Early indications typically mean nothing though. This has to be sustained for the entire regular season and playoffs.

7 hours ago, Procus said:

After 2 games?  Please.  It's a long season.

3 games and these are the current Vegas odds.  They’ll shift each week.

• Like 2

Not really surprising, because the National media was bullish on them even before the season started and now they’re one of the only undefeated teams left in football. 

20 hours ago, vaff said:

I understand Brady (though I think that team is cooked) but why Rodgers? Great regular season QB, but chokes in the playoffs year after year. 

I know they looked pretty good so far ... still a few areas they need to work on (but what team doesn't at this part of the season?).  But while I admit my level of optimism has jumped a bit, I continue to remain in wait-and-see mode.  It isn't as though we've gotten to 3-0 beating up on top teams (2 of the 3 teams are in the bottom quarter of the league).  Am looking forward to playing some of those top teams - those games will serve as a better measuring stick for where this team really is now.  

• Like 1

Yeah, all those people jumping on the Eagles band wagon now. It's way too early for that crap. Band wagon people jump off real quick after a few bad losses. They don't count- only real Eagles fans matter. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

I know they looked pretty good so far ... still a few areas they need to work on (but what team doesn't at this part of the season?).  But while I admit my level of optimism has jumped a bit, I continue to remain in wait-and-see mode.  It isn't as though we've gotten to 3-0 beating up on top teams (2 of the 3 teams are in the bottom quarter of the league).  Am looking forward to playing some of those top teams - those games will serve as a better measuring stick for where this team really is now.  

It's hard to know who they will be right now. GB and the division game in Dallas on the road may be the only tough teams they have to face this year after the Jags. The Cardinals, Colts, and Steelers don't look as hard as they were when the schedule came out. There isn't much of an excuse on 9/27 not to have the top seed and a BYE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

It's hard to know who they will be right now. GB and the division game in Dallas on the road may be the only tough teams they have to face this year after the Jags. The Cardinals, Colts, and Steelers don't look as hard as they were when the schedule came out. There isn't much of an excuse on 9/27 not to have the top seed and a BYE.

If they start out 4-0, then 14 or 15 wins is highly feasible as long as we don't have any significant injuries.

1 hour ago, JamesK said:

If they start out 4-0, then 14 or 15 wins is highly feasible as long as we don't have any significant injuries.

They probably won't sweep the division, but I don't see the Giants or DC beating them, so maybe one loss to Dallas on the road.  GB will be tough and maybe throw in one more game because sometimes things just go wrong. I think 13 or 14 would be realistic the way they are playing, but I'm personally waiting until after the GB game. Things around the league will have settled in more by then and we'll have a better idea of where teams are.

So, does this mean that I should be recording every game and saving the radio broadcasts for future use? 

Jags feel like a trap. Need to stay locked in and keep the momentum rolling. We are going to lose at some point, but I would like to have that 4-0 feeling first.

16 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So, does this mean that I should be recording every game and saving the radio broadcasts for future use? 

Speaking of which...

15 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Speaking of which...

lol I know. As soon as I have the ability to get to that, I will. I really don't even have the time to sit and watch a game right now. We just spent 3 or 4 days in the hospital last week. 

the playoffs is a single elimination tournament.  If the Eagles win all the games in the playoffs, they win the Super Bowl.  There will be 14 teams in the playoffs.  One of those 14 teams will be the team that doesn't lose in the playoffs, and wins the Super Bowl.

The Eagles are in a nice spot to make the playoffs right now.  It's a pretty good bet to say that the Eagles will be one of the 14 teams making the playoffs.  Then, it's Any Given Sunday.

The Ravens went 14-2 in 2019, had the bye, and then lost.