Eagles now favored to win the NFC

Hawkeye

I seriously hate all this kind of talk in September.  Let's see how the team holds up down the stretch

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Procus said:

I seriously hate all this kind of talk in September.  Let's see how the team holds up down the stretch

I agree but this isn't something we're doing - it's happening externally.  We're just reporting. 

• Like 1

It’s still really early in the season so I’m trying to not get ahead of myself and buy into it too much. But if the wins continue to mount it’s going to be really hard not too.

Miles Sanders ranked 10th in the NFL in rushing yards, 4.9 yards per attempt (only 3.1 per carry against Commanders or would've been higher).
He averaged 5.5 yards per carry last season and 5.3 yards the season before that. The problem with Miles Sanders is his ability to remain healthy & consistent.
The problem is that Kenneth Gainswell & Boston Scott with 10 carries each are below 4 yards per carry despite having the best run blocking Oline in Eagles history.
Miles Sanders wants a big contract either an extension with the Eagles or with a different team, but all teams in the NFL want to see him win games with his legs week to week, again consistency.
The Jaguars are currently the best against the run in the NFL going into week 4.

It would be great to see Miles Sanders destroy the Jaguars rushing defense this week.

If the Eagles are to go to the Super Bowl and win this season which is the growing expectation from most fans. They have to not be one dimensional, and the Eagles led the NFL in rushing last season so I expect the Eagles will try to run more in this game (playing against the Jaguars strengths as hopes to surprise them)!

• Like 2

Its official, this team has 2017 vibes.  The nicknames of Eagles WRs have already been updated on Pro Football Reference: "Skinny Batman, Fast Batman & Swole Batman”

0i0fDGg.jpg

And least we forget:

Zy8MiJn.jpg

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 9/27/2022 at 4:55 PM, Random Reglar said:

the playoffs is a single elimination tournament.  If the Eagles win all the games in the playoffs, they win the Super Bowl.  There will be 14 teams in the playoffs.  One of those 14 teams will be the team that doesn't lose in the playoffs, and wins the Super Bowl.

image.jpeg.5c96c3d0e035dba8e3171af95656f4fb.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, paco said:

Its official, this team has 2017 vibes.  The nicknames of Eagles WRs have already been updated on Pro Football Reference: "Skinny Batman, Fast Batman & Swole Batman”

I knew as soon as I saw the cape that some fatty lineman would be wearing it soon enough.  And yes, this is the 2017 formula all over again.  Only better...  The secondary is better, the WR's are better.  Heck the Oline is probably better if you factor in the fact Peters was knocked out early in '17.  And the 4 core leaders on the LOS are all still here:  Kelce/Johnson/Graham/Cox and that SB experience wasn't in place last time.

Be excited philly.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2022 at 4:55 PM, Random Reglar said:

the playoffs is a single elimination tournament.  If the Eagles win all the games in the playoffs, they win the Super Bowl.  There will be 14 teams in the playoffs.  One of those 14 teams will be the team that doesn't lose in the playoffs, and wins the Super Bowl.

CO.PNG.8b005e7eb53c650aa81c5c0f5e725958.PNG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If the Eagles Defense can play the way they did against the Commanders in the first 3 quarters in every quarter of every game left on the schedule, this team will be 17-0!

Perfect Season talk with this much talent on the roster. 

18 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

I'm not liking this media attention. I'd rather they not believe and say we have a weak schedule. 

Impossible. Big market, high profile team with a massive and passionate fan base around the world.  Throw in some great storylines and here we are.

Still soooooooooo much season left where anything can happen that can alter the course (as we saw last night with Miami).  Keeping my fingers crossed we continue to avoid major injuries and continue to play well but also keep that mindset to learn from what isn't going right even after a win (as Hurts and others have been expressing).  

• Like 1

Add Nick Sirianai to the list of Eagles betting favorites.  On BetMGM he's currently +300 to win Coach of the Year, ahead of Mike McDaniel, Doug Pederson and Brian Dabol.  He was +1600 when the season opened.

The Eagles are also now +750 to win the Super Bowl, behind only Buffalo (+400) and KC (+650).

I know everyone thinks this stuff is going to "jinx" the team and all that, but Vegas does not care about superstition. This is cold, emotionless data. 
We can handle it. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

Add Nick Sirianai to the list of Eagles betting favorites.  On BetMGM he's currently +300 to win Coach of the Year, ahead of Mike McDaniel, Doug Pederson and Brian Dabol.  He was +1600 when the season opened.

The Eagles are also now +750 to win the Super Bowl, behind only Buffalo (+400) and KC (+650).

I know everyone thinks this stuff is going to "jinx" the team and all that, but Vegas does not care about superstition. This is cold, emotionless data. 
We can handle it. 

Cold, emotionless data ... I think my wife generated it.  :o

:P

• Haha 1