Slay and Mailata injury updates?

Portyansky

Slay said he'll be ready to go next week.  Mailata's getting an MRI on his shoulder

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Procus said:

Slay said he'll be ready to go next week.  Mailata's getting an MRI on his shoulder

Mailata laid out like he was belly flopping into a pool. I expected more grace to go along with his beautiful voice :)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, judunno said:

Mailata laid out like he was belly flopping into a pool. I expected more grace to go along with his beautiful voice 🙂

To be fair, if AJ Brown had made any kind of effort at all to make a tackle on that play, Mailata wouldn't have been making that flop in the first place.  This injury is 100% on Brown, imo.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Dillard coming back this week I think.......

Driscoll played better as the game went on. Dillard coming back from surgery on a broken forearm doesn’t give me much confidence. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dweedlebug said:

To be fair, if AJ Brown had made any kind of effort at all to make a tackle on that play, Mailata wouldn't have been making that flop in the first place.  This injury is 100% on Brown, imo.

100%. was yelling at screen saying what the hell is AJ doing?

• Like 2

Not sure what the extent of Mailata's injury will be but they may want to rest him even if it's less severe. Dillard is eligible to come off IR and has been at practice. They'll probably want to get him practicing right away.

49 minutes ago, Dweedlebug said:

15 minutes ago, homerpat said:

100%. was yelling at screen saying what the hell is AJ doing?

Have you guys watched the replays? Bad technique is not the same as a lack of effort. He thought Cisco was heading right into him and slowed to make the arm tackle. Cisco cut and headed upfield, Brown chased him and then was blocked to the ground. If he was a defensive player, I'd be concerned, but I don't believe there was any lack of effort. 

9 hours ago, Procus said:

Has there ever been good news when it comes to MRI results?   Maybe I am not paying close enough attention, but as soon as I hear about a player getting an MRI, I already know it's bad news.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dweedlebug said:

I get so pissed when I think about this. I keep watching the replay and can’t understand why AJ didn’t tackle him. He had two fairly easy opportunities to tackle him and half-assed it both times. Love what AJ brings to the team, but that play pisses me off. Cost us 7 and Jordan. 😠 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Have you guys watched the replays? Bad technique is not the same as a lack of effort. He thought Cisco was heading right into him and slowed to make the arm tackle. Cisco cut and headed upfield, Brown chased him and then was blocked to the ground. If he was a defensive player, I'd be concerned, but I don't believe there was any lack of effort. 

I respect your opinion, just disagree with your conclusion. And yes, I’ve watched the replay approximately 20 times. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dweedlebug said:

Feels like Vincent getting hurt because Taylor couldn't tackle in the Bears game. 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Watched the replay over and over. Sorry but that was a lack of effort from AJ and shouldn't be excused. He was hoping someone else would make the tackle and didn't even put his arms out in an attempt to as Cisco ran past him. Until it didn't happen is when he tried chasing him down. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NYEagle said:

Dillard coming back this week I think.......

Why ??  Stoutland will work his magic, next man up.

Who was the starting LT in the Super Bowl ??

44 minutes ago, Columbus Eagle said:

I get so pissed when I think about this. I keep watching the replay and can’t understand why AJ didn’t tackle him. He had two fairly easy opportunities to tackle him and half-assed it both times. Love what AJ brings to the team, but that play pisses me off. Cost us 7 and Jordan. 😠 

7 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

My guess is that Mailata is out at least until after the bye.  Hope he doesn't need surgery.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, judunno said:

Mailata laid out like he was belly flopping into a pool. I expected more grace to go along with his beautiful voice :)

AJ should have made the tackle, but he's like....

oops-turn-around.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, JamesK said:

Has there ever been good news when it comes to MRI results?   Maybe I am not paying close enough attention, but as soon as I hear about a player getting an MRI, I already know it's bad news.

No, a lot of MRI's come back negative. So don't be negative. 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

He simply didn't even TRY. I'll never be good with anyone who doesn't at least try.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

AJ should have made the tackle, but he's like....

oops-turn-around.gif

I'd rather give up 6 points than have the star of the offense possibly get hurt. I respect JM for diving for him, but he also needs to know outside of a playoff game he shouldn't be doing that. Effort is great, but they are too valuable. Try to make a tackle, but be smart.

35 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

I'd rather give up 6 points than have the star of the offense possibly get hurt. I respect JM for diving for him, but he also needs to know outside of a playoff game he shouldn't be doing that. Effort is great, but they are too valuable. Try to make a tackle, but be smart.

It's football- you tackle that fool. 🤣

Just now, Talonblood said:

It's football- you tackle that fool. 🤣

If you can, but I have zero problems with star players like Brown not putting themselves at risk. It's about the bigger picture and he is a massive part of why Hurts looks good this year.

• Like 1