Slay and Mailata injury updates?

Portyansky

I still believe people are misinterpreting what they saw happen. Brown was about to make the tackle, was setting his feet as Cisco was headed right for him. The field was wet. Cisco alters his direction and cuts upfield just before Brown could get him. Brown had to turn and get going, was chasing him at full speed and ot hit pretty hard by a block that knocked him to the ground. The effort is there. The technique (playing defender at that point) was bad. People just want to point fingers and gripe. I'll defend Brown here because he has shown tremendous effort time and time again and now all of a sudden, people want to think he was playing soft ... just to gripe. 

Oh no ...Kelce was dogging it it ... gripe ... gripe ...

18 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Nope, still don't want our star receiver putting his body on the line to tackle a guy and being out multiple games just to hopefully win 1 game. Mailata put the effort in and missed the rest of the game. Brown puts himself on the line plenty catching tough passes across the middle. 

So when the eagles turn the ball over you want to give automatic 6 points?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

So when the eagles turn the ball over you want to give automatic 6 points?

Sure

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

People just want to point fingers and gripe.

This is the reason that these discussions so often turn stupid.  Finger-pointing rarely gets people anywhere good.

Brown said that he was thinking of trying to strip the ball rather than focussing on making a sure tackle.  He's acknowledged that thinking as a mistake.  And Cisco, who is also good enough to be a professional player, made a good move.  That's a good enough explanation for me.

We won.  What's the benefit of finger-pointing and griping now?

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

This and a few other comments just doesn't make sense to me. That tackle would've been too easy. It's not like he would've put himself at risk for making a simple tackle when the guy ran right past him. You and others are basically saying you're ok if guys give little effort and just let it go for a pick 6. 

If anything he was more at risk of a blind sided block which is as dangerous as can be the way he just lolly gagged and let Cisco run past him instead of getting engaged. Defenders love taking cheap shots at the offense. 

Offensive players don't know how to tackle. It's not something they work on. See Mailata. Business decision and I'm fine with the outcome other than Mailata not making the same business decision. I've seen offensive guys getting injured a ton on picks. I'd rather the guy dish out punishment on the offensive side of the ball personally.

9 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

This is the reason that these discussions so often turn stupid.  Finger-pointing rarely gets people anywhere good.

Brown said that he was thinking of trying to strip the ball rather than focussing on making a sure tackle.  He's acknowledged that thinking as a mistake.  And Cisco, who is also good enough to be a professional player, made a good move.  That's a good enough explanation for me.

We won.  What's the benefit of finger-pointing and griping now?

Gotta cry about something when 4-0... it's the Philly way. The tough whiny city of brotherly cry babies.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, judunno said:

Gotta cry about something when 4-0... it's the Philly way. The tough whiny city of brotherly cry babies.

Nobody Like Us and We Don't Care.  But we'll constantly point out who 'doesn't like us' and complain about it. But you know we don't care

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Nobody Like Us and We Don't Care.  But we'll constantly point out who 'doesn't like us' and complain about it. But you know we don't care

I try to keep it positive and I'm just enjoying watching Hurts ascension. Things are looking bright. And then those 1st rounders next year not going towards a QB will be biggly for the future of this franchise. We are set up pretty nice and could even make a run THIS year. If they have a 6-0 start I will be searching out those folks that were bishing about soft camps :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, judunno said:

I try to keep it positive and I'm just enjoying watching Hurts ascension. Things are looking bright. And then those 1st rounders next year not going towards a QB will be biggly for the future of this franchise. We are set up pretty nice and could even make a run THIS year. If they have a 6-0 start I will be searching out those folks that were bishing about soft camps :D

This season has been a best case scenario. I was optimistic on some things but this has far exceeded so far

• Like 4

15 hours ago, judunno said:

Hey hey cool it it! I'm not your whiny or crybaby fan you speak of. All I'm saying is the easy tack was there to be made with no risk involved. What I'm against is everyone brushing off a whiffed tackle from an offensive guy.

They absolutely get paid millions to do their job and that job in football requires them to tackle. I guarantee you if that was to happen in the playoffs or in the Super bowl that lead to a pick 6 that would cost us the game you'd be crying all over the place. We can't be giving away free points. Can we move on from this? It's just an observation my guy....

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

Hey hey cool it it! I'm not your whiny or crybaby fan you speak of. All I'm saying is the easy tack was there to be made with no risk involved. What I'm against is everyone brushing off a whiffed tackle from an offensive guy.

They absolutely get paid millions to do their job and that job in football requires them to tackle. I guarantee you if that was to happen in the playoffs or in the Super bowl that lead to a pick 6 that would cost us the game you'd be crying all over the place. We can't be giving away free points. Can we move on from this? It's just an observation my guy....

Sniff sniff... that's my WR... sniff sniff... it's not fair - TO voice

17 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

I guarantee you if that was to happen in the playoffs or in the Super bowl that lead to a pick 6 that would cost us the game you'd be crying all over the place. 

The argument is that this isn't the playoffs or the super bowl. These players have a long season to get to that stage and most importantly need to be available to play. The expectations are therefore different for what one should expect for a player from training camp, to game day and the super bowl.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

They absolutely get paid millions to do their job and that job in football requires them to tackle. 

Tell that to Asante Samuel ... or Deion Sanders ... 

I still don't see a lack of effort on that play. I just see a bad decision. Brown says he was trying to position himself to strip the ball because defensive players don't know how to protect it. Cisco was probably thinking he was going to score a TD because offensive players don't tackle well. Guess who was right?

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I read Dillard got activated. 

They activated his 21 day practice window. He can practice with the team but doesn’t take a roster spot until they move him to the 53 which could be as early as Sunday.

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Tell that to Asante Samuel ... or Deion Sanders ... 

I still don't see a lack of effort on that play. I just see a bad decision. Brown says he was trying to position himself to strip the ball because defensive players don't know how to protect it. Cisco was probably thinking he was going to score a TD because offensive players don't tackle well. Guess who was right?

He screwed up. Brown himself said next time he will just make the tackle. Hopefully we never find out.

28 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

He screwed up. Brown himself said next time he will just make the tackle. Hopefully we never find out.

I don't hold him accountable, or at least I forgive him.  Brown is on the team to be a top flight receiver, not for his tacking prowess.  Too many times we've seen players injured on these types of plays (anyone else remember Hugh Douglas flattening Jim Miller in Chicago during a playoff game and setting the Eagles in place for the upset).  Mailata himself was injured on the play.

Brown plays hard so IMO, it's best to put this play behind us.

• Like 1

If he's anything less than 100%, I'd prefer they give Mailata another week to rest that shoulder. Driscoll/Dillard should be sufficient there. They could stick a TE over there too if they have to. I want him full go the next time he takes the field, which would likely be Dallas.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Procus said:

I don't hold him accountable, or at least I forgive him.  Brown is on the team to be a top flight receiver, not for his tacking prowess.  Too many times we've seen players injured on these types of plays (anyone else remember Hugh Douglas flattening Jim Miller in Chicago during a playoff game and setting the Eagles in place for the upset).  Mailata himself was injured on the play.

Brown plays hard so IMO, it's best to put this play behind us.

I've seen enough offensive players strip a defender after a turnover for his reasoning to be believable.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, judunno said:

Sniff sniff... that's my WR... sniff sniff... it's not fair - TO voice

shut it butt sniff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1