Weekly line thread: Eagles -5/5.5 at Cardinals

Hawkeye

The Cardinals are one of those teams where the eagles could absolutely destroy or they come out firing on all cylinders and put up a ton of points.  They seem like a mess, but they could throw in a really good game.

With that being said, I think the eagles continue on their mission.  They're getting more and more confident as the games grind on, and I think Sirianni won't let them look past the cardinals to the cowpies.   

Eagles 34  Cardinals 21

Expecting the cards to come out fired up tomorrow. Our fanbase feels a bit flat too, especially with the Phillies’ current playoff run.

Should be weird tomorrow.

• Like 1

You can never overestimate that fact that the Eagles are a very good team and the Cardinals are a bad team. I'm not sure how being scared or having sad feelings about trap games changes that. The Chiefs annihilated them. The Rams toyed with a mostly harmless team. (up by 10 most of the game and up by 11 until 1:07 to play) The Cards beat a 1-3 Raiders team in OT and they beat the putrid Panthers who don't have a real NFL QB.

I'm not saying the Eagles win by 23 like the Chiefs but they should win by 13 to 17 points.

Arizona may improve if their O-line gets healthy and Hopkins comes back from his suspension. That's not tomorrow though.

I've given this more thought through the week and haven't changed my mind. I get the arguments for the Cards, and that this could be a banana skin for the Eagles. But I think they are too good, too smart, too humble and too well coached. Eagles will cover the spread.

7 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Who bet the under?

I didn't but I was tempted. I felt 5.5 was just too big and so it proved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I didn't but I was tempted. I felt 5.5 was just too big and so it proved.

This game had all the makings of a trap. They didn’t beat the spread, but they didn’t fall for the trap either. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

This game had all the makings of a trap. They didn’t beat the spread, but they didn’t fall for the trap either. 

Agreed. It wasn't pretty, it was closer than it should have been but they got the win and that's all that matters Week to week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. It wasn't pretty, it was closer than it should have been but they got the win and that's all that matters Week to week.

I didn’t expect this to be a blowout. I thought it would have been a loss. They found a way to win. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I didn’t expect this to be a blowout. I thought it would have been a loss. They found a way to win. 

Well it's a sheet show without it being a loss in here lol. Waaaaaa we won but, it was a sheety win!! Fire everyone! Bench everyone!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Absolutely! And that's the big positive here. There were a lot of negatives to be taken but ultimately they stepped up and they won the game. On the road going across country.