Week 5 Discussion

GroundAttack

Week 5 and on to October. 

TNF kicks off week 5 with the Colts and Broncos from Denver.

Another London game as the Giants play the Packers who are playing in their first London game ever.

Eagles go to Arizona and play the Cardinals.

Kenny Pickett time in Pittsburgh as the Steelers play the Bills.

Chargers play The Browns in Cleveland. Quarterback Deshaun Watson is eligible to return to the Browns on Monday while serving his 11-game suspension.

NFC North rivalry between the Bears and Vikings.

A pair of 1-3 teams as the Lions who have the No.1 offense heading into week 5 statistically face the Patriots.

Seattle plays New Orleans. The Saints are 9-6 against the Seahawks during the regular season, including victories in the past three such meetings.

No Tua for the Dolphins as they go to Metlife to play the Jets.

Down in Tamps the Bucs welcome in the Falcons. The Falcons are fourth in the NFL in rushing offense at 168 rushing yards per game. 

Some interesting game notes and stats for the Titans Commanders game Sunday. The Titans are 13-5 against the NFC since Mike Vrabel became head coach in 2018. This is Tennessee's first game at Washington since 2014. The Titans are the second NFL team since 2000 and first since the 2011 Patriots to score a touchdown on their opening possession in each of their first four games. Washington has not been above .500 through five games in any of Rivera's three seasons in charge.

The Texans looking to get their first win of 2022 still as they Jags. 

A lot of heat brewing up in Carolina as questions about Matt Rhule and Baker are getting talked about. Baker has 11 batted balls at the line of scrimmage so far this year, most in the league. The 49ers will stay on the road following the game as they begin their now-annual 10-day stay back East.

Cooper Rush still at QB for the Cowboys and 4-0 as a starter going back to last year go to LA and play the Rams.

SNF between the Bengals and Ravens.

MNF between the Raiders and Chiefs.

1 hour ago, GroundAttack said:

TNF kicks off week 5 with the Colts and Broncos from Denver.

Anybody else watching this game?  Terrible game.  Colts offensive line is horrible.  They keep trying to run the ball, and it isn't working.  Broncos passing game is aweful.  The Broncos recievers are just not on the same page as Russ.  

56 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Anybody else watching this game?  Terrible game.  Colts offensive line is horrible.  They keep trying to run the ball, and it isn't working.  Broncos passing game is aweful.  The Broncos recievers are just not on the same page as Russ.  

It's background noise for me tonight

just heard some real loud booing

That looked like two terrible teams playing each other. The Broncos were just the more determined team to lose. They seemed to want it more, so I guess I have to give them the credit for the result.

I stayed up here in Ireland to watch it as I’m off toddy and sweet baby Jesus in Bethlehem that was utter horseshit. Due to eagles not playing the broncos yet(can’t remember if we do), I’d only heard about the woes of the Broncos, but now I get it. Maybe the Seahawk’s knew something about Wilson we didn’t because he doesn’t look good. 

3 hours ago, nipples said:

Right now I’m very thankful that the Eagles didn’t trade for Wilson in the offseason. 

No kidding.  What's up with Russ?  Everybody said last season was because he was injured but he just looks bad this year.  Passes sailing high, missing wide open receivers.

1 hour ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

No kidding.  What's up with Russ?  Everybody said last season was because he was injured but he just looks bad this year.  Passes sailing high, missing wide open receivers.

Almost looks like he’s got a case of the Wentzes. Always going for the big play instead of just picking up shorter gains to move the chains. The first drive alone he takes two endzone shots to covered WRs once they get down toward the red zone. 

24 minutes ago, nipples said:

Almost looks like he’s got a case of the Wentzes. Always going for the big play instead of just picking up shorter gains to move the chains. The first drive alone he takes two endzone shots to covered WRs once they get down toward the red zone. 

By and large, Russ has been in the same system with Pete Carroll his entire career.  Does this have something to do with it?  

That missed receiver at the end of that game was reminiscent of Jalen Hurts in the playoff game against Tampa.  Maybe they switched places?

6 hours ago, EaglesIreland said:

I stayed up here in Ireland to watch it as I’m off toddy and sweet baby Jesus in Bethlehem that was utter horseshit. Due to eagles not playing the broncos yet(can’t remember if we do), I’d only heard about the woes of the Broncos, but now I get it. Maybe the Seahawk’s knew something about Wilson we didn’t because he doesn’t look good. 

Nope. We play them every four years. Played them last year.

That game was pure torture to watch. With those 2 QBs, it was like the "elder abuse bowl". Russ looks cooked to me.

311184110_658665512285810_66306361247224

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

That game was pure torture to watch. With those 2 QBs, it was like the "elder abuse bowl". Russ looks cooked to me.

311184110_658665512285810_66306361247224

Jesus that’s bad. 

23 hours ago, nipples said:

Right now I’m very thankful that the Eagles didn’t trade for Wilson in the offseason. 

They said they wanted Watson, then Wilson, and even possibly Kyler.. 

Jalen Hurts is proving that he's better than all of them this season.

4 hours ago, JournalistMic said:

They said they wanted Watson, then Wilson, and even possibly Kyler.. 

Jalen Hurts is proving that he's better than all of them this season.

Still early and I’m not 100% bought into Hurts as the future but I’m getting damn close. 

Agree with all. Wilson just looks spent. Now, he may turn it around and get better as the season goes along. But, whew, very glad the Eagles didn’t trade valuable picks for an aging QB. 

29 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Giants missing their top 4 WRs, no mention. Rodgers has 1 rookie in the lineup, ohh noooooo! 

I've heard them mention the Giants injuries like a half dozen times at least.

3 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

I've heard them mention the Giants injuries like a half dozen times at least.

They mentioned it one time after I made the post. 

4 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

They mentioned it one time after I made the post. 

Is your TV muted? They mentioned the receivers specifically when they did the  offensive line ups. Again when Slayton made that 25ish yard catch, and again when Slayton and Jones missed the wide open big passing play. That's 3 times at least they specifically talked about the Giants missing receivers. They also talked about missing Williams on the D line at least twice.

4 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Is your TV muted? They mentioned the receivers specifically when they did the  offensive line ups. Again when Slayton made that 25ish yard catch, and again when Slayton and Jones missed the wide open big passing play. That's 3 times at least they specifically talked about the Giants missing receivers. They also talked about missing Williams on the D line at least twice.

Do me a favor, rewind and write down the exact times they made those references. I’ll check your work later. 

Just now, BKLYNYG said:

Do me a favor, rewind and write down the exact times they made those references. I’ll check your work later. 

Nahhh it's much more fun to watch you cry about them not talking about all your mediocre injured players even though they keep bringing it up.

NY sure is missing Golladays 0.5 catches for 5.5 yards in this game. I feel that missing production could be the difference this week.

Archived