network/cable tv shows not worthy of their own threads...yet

mr_hunt

i didn't want to start a thread dedicated to this show, so.............

how is snowpiercer?  i heard it's some kind of metaphor or something. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/1/2020 at 10:14 AM, mr_hunt said:

Its like a post-apocalyptic, high intensity, freezing cold version of Breaking Bad.  At least I got those vibes 👀

JK - haven't seen yet.  Some network shows that come to mind are Revenge and Scandal.  My wife and I watched all of Revenge recently over a 2 month span.  Holy ish - I deserve a prize for getting through that.  22 episodes per season with an attempt at a cliffhanger at every single commercial break.  And the main character, a scrawny, unathletic blonde broad that can barely walk in heels that we are supposed to believe is a ninja.  We are in season 2 of Scandal now, and it's almost just as ridiculous.  I'm guessing all ABC dramas are formatted exactly the same.  Cool plot line and entertaining through season 1, but when there are 22 episodes per season, it becomes unbearable.  

Re-watching Friday Night Lights. About mid-way through season 4. Such a good show.

letter to the king is ok so far. going on the 3rd episode.

I've seen the movie snow piercer, is there a show now too?

Anyone watching Counterparts? Kind of interesting so far. 

Other than Survivor, I can't think of the last network show that I actually watched... maybe Friends?

24 might have been my favorite network drama/action show every.  I may re-watch again sometime soon.  

• Like 2

On 6/1/2020 at 10:14 AM, mr_hunt said:

I have this one recorded, but I can't bring myself to watch it yet.  I was waiting for some of you all to weigh in before I made the commitment.

1 hour ago, sameaglesfan said:

I have this one recorded, but I can't bring myself to watch it yet.  I was waiting for some of you all to weigh in before I made the commitment.

same.

you first!  

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2020 at 6:25 PM, hputenis said:

24 might have been my favorite network drama/action show every.  I may re-watch again sometime soon.  

Wait until Itunes has a sale and buy it for around $25

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 11:22 AM, hputenis said:

JK - haven't seen yet.  Some network shows that come to mind are Revenge and Scandal.  My wife and I watched all of Revenge recently over a 2 month span.  Holy ish - I deserve a prize for getting through that.  22 episodes per season with an attempt at a cliffhanger at every single commercial break.  And the main character, a scrawny, unathletic blonde broad that can barely walk in heels that we are supposed to believe is a ninja.  We are in season 2 of Scandal now, and it's almost just as ridiculous.  I'm guessing all ABC dramas are formatted exactly the same.  Cool plot line and entertaining through season 1, but when there are 22 episodes per season, it becomes unbearable.  

cracking up at this.  My fiance sold me on this as a modern day Count of Monte Cristo so I BOUGHT the first season on Amazon Prime. It is a damn near comedy, in how much it doesn't hold up in just 9 years, with the every commercial break cliff hangers like you mentioned, and the dramatic soap opera music. I feel like I've been watching this show for 6 years, despite in reality us probably being on episode 11. I have no idea how I can make it another 11 episodes, let alone another freaking season. 

We haven't watched it in a couple months but now I'm kinda intrigued and considering going back. 

• Haha 1

On sale today on Itunes for $50  instead of the normal $90

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 8:07 AM, mr_hunt said:

same.

you first!  

Alright, I broke down and watched the first three episodes of Snowpiercer yesterday.  It is indeed a post-apocalyptic frozen wasteland train ride.  It was better than I thought it would be.  I have always had a thing for Jennifer Connolly (although she has gotten a trifle to thin for my taste in her later years).  The acting is pretty good - there are enough plot twists to keep me interested.  I will continue to watch - because the missus will tolerate it - and she thinks it holds some promise as well.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 3:15 AM, Agent23 said:

Re-watching Friday Night Lights. About mid-way through season 4. Such a good show.

I've also started rewatching this. I've been trying to get my mum to watch it for a while and she caved. We're about half way through season 2. It's probably the first time I've watched it in a decade and it's still awesome

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mat said:

I've also started rewatching this. I've been trying to get my mum to watch it for a while and she caved. We're about half way through season 2. It's probably the first time I've watched it in a decade and it's still awesome

Mat Saracen is my homie

I have been watching NCIS as my older son watches it on Netflix. I haven't seen every episode, but its not bad. probably be my next "background" show for work.

• 8 months later...

Anyone watching doctor shows? Don't know how realistic these are with regards to the hardships that doctors had to face

Just started watching this again, great show but so ridiculous , in reality Jack would have been killed by episode 2

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2020 at 5:50 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Other than Survivor, I can't think of the last network show that I actually watched... maybe Friends?

The quality of network shows vs cable and streaming is so vast, networks used to have great stuff now it is so bad it is laughable well not the sitcoms they are just cringworthy slop

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Anyone watching doctor shows? Don't know how realistic these are with regards to the hardships that doctors had to face

Watching these can get depressing

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Watching these can get depressing

Watching ER on Hulu. I’ve really enjoyed it so far. Never seen it before.

17 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

Watching ER on Hulu. I’ve really enjoyed it so far. Never seen it before.

That was the hit doctor show till Grey's anatomy came along. 

Snowpiercer is like Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, except without the planes, or the Automobiles, or the humor, or the likeable characters. There is a train, though.

I liked Suits.  It’s on Prime.  The first few seasons are good.  It eventually just got to the point that I watched so much of the show, I just kept watching to get to the end.  It wasn’t bad, the last few seasons, but it wasn’t something I looked forward to.