network/cable tv shows not worthy of their own threads...yet

mr_hunt

2 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Snowpiercer is like Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, except without the planes, or the Automobiles, or the humor, or the likeable characters. There is a train, though.

Or, is there?

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 10:14 AM, mr_hunt said:

i didn't want to start a thread dedicated to this show, so.............

how is snowpiercer?  i heard it's some kind of metaphor or something. 

et tu Brute.

14 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

I liked Suits.  It’s on Prime.  The first few seasons are good.  It eventually just got to the point that I watched so much of the show, I just kept watching to get to the end.  It wasn’t bad, the last few seasons, but it wasn’t something I looked forward to.

A buddy talked me into that something like 6 years ago, and the binge until I caught up with the live broadcasts was one of the great binge experiences I had. Definitely a very fun/witty show, especially in the early seasons. Then the last couple seasons was "DVR has like 5 episodes on it, I'm bored on a Tuesday so I guess I'll make my way through them"

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 6:32 PM, Mike030270 said:

Anyone watching doctor shows? Don't know how realistic these are with regards to the hardships that doctors had to face

Depends on the show. Some of them are. My wife is addicted to them. 

For new content I have been watching Resident Alien. It is a bizarre show with the great Alan Tudyk where an alien lands in a remote town in Colorado and changes his form to look human to fit in while figuring out how to get off the planet and a kid is the only one that can see through his disguise.

Older content, I have been a huge fan of the show Psych and have been binging that along with the show Scorpion.

On 2/23/2021 at 9:10 AM, pallidrone said:

For new content I have been watching Resident Alien. It is a bizarre show with the great Alan Tudyk where an alien lands in a remote town in Colorado and changes his form to look human to fit in while figuring out how to get off the planet and a kid is the only one that can see through his disguise.

Older content, I have been a huge fan of the show Psych and have been binging that along with the show Scorpion.

I’ve got Resident Alien on my DVR, but struggled to get through the first episode.  I may try it again.

Psych is great.  I find it hard to binge that a lot because it eventually becomes tiresome.  You may like Monk if you like Psych.

On 2/23/2021 at 9:10 AM, pallidrone said:

Schmoopie and I have been watching it.  We are getting a kick out of it.

On 2/22/2021 at 8:40 PM, Mike030270 said:

I'm a fan of BattleBots on discovery. Pretty cool show about big ass robots destroying each other

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=12811586

lol I agree, guilty pleasure, I have always liked these shows. They are so cheesy and awful, but at the same time my nerdiness is nourished by seeing each teams different approach to building a bot (the unique styles, weapons, improvements, etc.). Lots of strategy in the build, the matchups, and the execution in the arena.

On 2/21/2021 at 7:29 PM, RPeeteRules said:

I liked Suits.  It’s on Prime.  The first few seasons are good.  It eventually just got to the point that I watched so much of the show, I just kept watching to get to the end.  It wasn’t bad, the last few seasons, but it wasn’t something I looked forward to.

I just bought it so I hope it is good, only paid $30 though, Saw first few episodes and it Reminds me of White collar a bit

On 2/22/2021 at 8:40 PM, Mike030270 said:

I'm a fan of BattleBots on discovery. Pretty cool show about big ass robots destroying each other

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=12811586

Before the pandemic my wife and I would go to a local bar early Sunday afternoons in the summer and it was always on one of the TVs there. Enjoyable way to spend a few lazy hours.

Found out M*A*S*H is on Hulu so I’ve been binging that. Chick I’ve been talking to and I have been binging Whose Line Is It Anyway on HBO.

I think the next show I’m going to binge is The Shield. It’s on Hulu, and I haven’t seen anything after the Glen Close arc. 

anybody know if it's possible to watch old eps of the arsenio hall show & on what platform? :unsure:   the originals...not the reboot. 

Derry Girls is pretty damn funny. Probably helps if you're Irish Catholic. And subtitles are a must.