Week 6 Stars and Scars

Captain F

Same when we lost Lane and Driscoll came in. But really, you can only have so much depth. There will always be weak spots. Collinsworth (ugh) last night was talking about how the defensive looks the Eagles were giving left spaces open in the passing game between the numbers, for example. It's a pick your poison league, but what I really meant is that the Eagles, on both sides of the ball, have more than one poison on offer at any time.

18 minutes ago, bitbased said:

CGJ going down for that quarter had a large effect on the defense. Wallace looked absolutely lost out there and it showed.

l’ve never thought wallace was any good i’m suprised he still makes the team 

Star:

Kelce.  Grabbing the fumble was huge.

Siri or whoever dreamed of the Parsons gameplan.  There were moments in the first half when Parsons was just flat out flustered. 

Siri for "HOW 'BOUT DEM EAGLES" - that pissed off some Dallas fans.

Jason Garrett, Captain Clap himself for saying "Fly Eagles Fly" on the pregame show.  This also made some Dallas fans mad.

• Like 2

I'll give Gannon a star for choosing to have Hurts read Parsons instead of putting a body on him in a doomed attempt to block him. 

1 hour ago, Erie said:

I'll give Gannon a star for choosing to have Hurts read Parsons instead of putting a body on him in a doomed attempt to block him. 

Why does Gannon get the star? 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Why does Gannon get the star? 

Cuz I'm sleep deprived from the game and obviously not thinking. 

Special teams play has to be a scar. It’s been the worst so far. This game was no different. Some big returns given up. Falling for a fake. The muffed punts. The field goal blocked and almost returned for a score. The unit has been real bad considering how good the team has been. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have so many big additions to the roster this season on one year contracts, I hope Howie can work some magic and re-sign a bunch of them. It's hard to rank who I want him to sign more. I think Bradberry would be my #1, but CJGJ would be 1a. This secondary is balling out.

2 hours ago, YubaEagle said:

We have so many big additions to the roster this season on one year contracts, I hope Howie can work some magic and re-sign a bunch of them. It's hard to rank who I want him to sign more. I think Bradberry would be my #1, but CJGJ would be 1a. This secondary is balling out.

I think Howie had a similar problem after 2017. Whatever he chooses I just hope he gives the money to the right guys. We don’t need another Alshon Jeffery situation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think Howie had a similar problem after 2017. Whatever he chooses I just hope he gives the money to the right guys. We don’t need another Alshon Jeffery situation.

Amen to that. Amazing to think how disorganized and dysfunctional this team looked just a couple years ago. The whole Wentz debacle, firing Dougie P, cap hell with COVID and the cap dropping. Howie fixed his messes and has this team looking great again.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, YubaEagle said:

Amen to that. Amazing to think how disorganized and dysfunctional this team looked just a couple years ago. The whole Wentz debacle, firing Dougie P, cap hell with COVID and the cap dropping. Howie fixed his messes and has this team looking great again.

If there was anything that I am concerned about it is giving another quarterback (any quarterback) a big contract, because I see how these big contracts to these quarterbacks don’t always lead to victories. Howie has to keep up with better draft selections. Can’t keep filling the roster with veterans and hoping it all works or continuously brining back old guys hoping to spark an old flame. I know we want a lot of guys to come back, but they can’t pay everyone unfortunately especially if they pay the quarterback. 

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

If there was anything that I am concerned about it is giving another quarterback (any quarterback) a big contract, because I see how these big contracts to these quarterbacks don’t always lead to victories. Howie has to keep up with better draft selections. Can’t keep filling the roster with veterans and hoping it all works or continuously brining back old guys hoping to spark an old flame. I know we want a lot of guys to come back, but they can’t pay everyone unfortunately especially if they pay the quarterback. 

A Rodgers is the latest exhibit there. With Cleveland and Arizona's recent QB contracts I'm not sure how to reverse that trend.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Such a false narrative. Mainly driven by the fact that Brady has been in about 50% of the SB's in his career. But once a team finds their franchise QB, they are set. Pay and forget about it. It is so much more difficult finding another franchise QB rather than filling other positions on the roster. Rarely is a franchise QB available in free agency. Other positions are always available and easier to find gems in the draft at other positions.

The vast majority of good playoff teams and teams in the SB have an elite QB.

1 hour ago, Devaster said:

Such a false narrative. Mainly driven by the fact that Brady has been in about 50% of the SB's in his career. But once a team finds their franchise QB, they are set. Pay and forget about it. It is so much more difficult finding another franchise QB rather than filling other positions on the roster. Rarely is a franchise QB available in free agency. Other positions are always available and easier to find gems in the draft at other positions.

The vast majority of good playoff teams and teams in the SB have an elite QB.

Yeah I’m still not convinced. All this talk about elite guys winning. Don’t see it. People want to try and say Stafford’s elite so they can fit the bs narrative. He ain’t. Mahomes is probably the last elite level guy to win it, but we have already watched them get that big money and his team isn’t nearly as dominant as it once was. Aaron Rodgers has been the best quarterback in football for years now and he has won SB win. The same amount as Nick Foles. You pay the guy it hurts the cap all the time. 

On 10/17/2022 at 9:37 AM, kiwinavega said:

I get we need to be better in Q3, but it's easy to forget the other team (whoever it may be) is also playing. Sometimes they will have good spells. This is the NFL. Yes, it is an ongoing concern, which they should focus on during the bye. 

What has really excited me is each of these wins has come in different ways - dominant o-line and run game, or excellent QB and receiving play, excellent pass rush and then, last night, a smothering secondary. This is not a one dimensional team by any means.

id agree but this is an every week problem, kill it in the first half struggle and let the other team back in it in the second half...weve scored 33 points in the second half vs 112 in the first half and its a real problem on both sides of the ball.

On 10/17/2022 at 4:10 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Special teams play has to be a scar. It’s been the worst so far. This game was no different. Some big returns given up. Falling for a fake. The muffed punts. The field goal blocked and almost returned for a score. The unit has been real bad considering how good the team has been. 

I thought to myself "I CAN'T be the only one seeing just how awful special teams is right now...."

On 10/17/2022 at 12:26 PM, GreenReaper said:

Scar: Going for 2.

Yeah, I've always had the thinking of go for 2 only if you need it or up by 14+