No Sacks Last Night, Only 4 QB Hits

weko

Eagles having a plus twelve turnover ratio (14 - 2 they gave up), is a fantastic stat to have going into the bye week seven.

I agree they need more depth there, but Josh Sweat is pretty good. If you look at the highlights of his sacks throughout his career, they’re not cheapies. He gets legit sacks when he gets them.

• Like 1

We’re thin at DE, considering that Brandon Graham is still such a major part of the defensive gameplan at his age, and coming off the big injury. An injury to he, Sweat or Redick and we’re in big trouble. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vaff said:

I agree they need more depth there, but Josh Sweat is pretty good. If you look at the highlights of his sacks throughout his career, they’re not cheapies. He gets legit sacks when he gets them.

The Cowboys held Sweat all game and got away with it. He was putting some serious pressure on their LT. 

8 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Ignore the laughing and crazy smiley faces, you're spot on with needing DE's that get get pressure on the QB, and you're right again, get'em with size.

I'm not sure trading away picks would render anyone better than what we have but I'd surely be looking for DE's in the draft.

Agree 100%. Graham isn't a starter , and Sweat is an above average DE. DE is a HUGE need in my opinion (Barnett going down hurt the rotation). If they can get that Carolina kid for a 1st rounder Howie should do it. He's a proven young stud DE. I know they could possibly get one in the draft, but he's proven.

I really like the optimism that many of you are about the DL. But DE is a need, and I think Howie will do something by the trade deadline.

That turnover differential is phenomenal. Two more chances to score per game than the opposition (roughly) puts you in the best position to win, as Big Red himself may have said. We might not like the scheme Gannon is bringing, but it sure is delivering in all kinds of ways

• Like 2

How about Gannon stop playing soft and blitz? It’s not often a four man front gets pressure when going up against 5 lineman. Gotta send that extra man to help apply pressure.

1 hour ago, kiwinavega said:

That turnover differential is phenomenal. Two more chances to score per game than the opposition (roughly) puts you in the best position to win, as Big Red himself may have said. We might not like the scheme Gannon is bringing, but it sure is delivering in all kinds of ways

Its a combo of a very good D-line that can get pressure with 4 and the best coverage secondary in the NFL (2 top 10 corners, and 2 very good depth corners)

Gannon has made less stupid decisions so far this year but he's not coaching up mediocre players. I'd give him not getting in the way credit (which is way better than last year) I'm not sure how much credit he deserves for Slay and Bradberry blanketing receivers and jumping routes.

I'm very happy he's not been a liability. I will keep watching to see if I'm going to compliment him in the future.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2022 at 6:58 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Sacks like turnovers come in bunches, I'm not going to complain about sacks when we forced 3 turnovers. Gannon scheme isn't blitz heavy and never will be so might as well get used to it instead of beeching about it every week. 

Yep ... ask Ginger Jesus.  :lol:

• Haha 2

FYI:  The Eagles allowed a 95.4 passer rating last year (23rd)

Its 66.0 so far this year (1st)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

FYI:  The Eagles allowed a 95.4 passer rating last year (23rd)

Its 66.0 so far this year (1st)

The corners are better this year, but so is the pass rush. Last year they couldn’t make stops or get turnovers. Average quarterbacks looked elite and elite looked all time against these guys last year. This year they’re making average quarterbacks look bad and below average quarterbacks look like they shouldn’t be in the league. Also White has been an upgrade in coverage at the linebacker spot. If I were to complain so far it’s mostly about the run defense, but I’ll take that over letting quarterbacks like Carr complete 90% of his passes plus three touchdowns against them. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 10:45 PM, JournalistMic said:

Josh Sweat signed a 3 year, $40,000,000 contract with the Philadelphia Eagles, including a $10,000,000 signing bonus, $26,900,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $13,333,333. In 2022, Sweat will earn a base salary of $1,035,000 and a signing bonus of $2,965,000, while carrying a cap hit of $3,628,000 and a dead cap value of $33,340,000.

-- Source Spotrac Partnered with USA Today, site source stated from: NFL contract specifics generally collected from verified reports.

---------------------

They should give Shaun Bradley a few attempts at RE.

Regardless of his contract signing, he will never live up to it. He is a good rotational pass rusher who is not an every down DE. He'll stay around 7/8 sacks for his career.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 11:31 PM, GoBirds2020 said:

We’re thin at DE, considering that Brandon Graham is still such a major part of the defensive gameplan at his age, and coming off the big injury. An injury to he, Sweat or Redick and we’re in big trouble. 

GM Howie responded with the trade of DE Robert Quinn !

• Like 1