The Alvin Kamara Trade Rumors

matchew88

I've had an interesting thought about the value of trading for Kamara. This trade is especially unique in that it involves the relationship with the Eagles first round pick with the Saints.

I think on the surface, Kamara is worth a 3rd. But, the Saints without Kamara all but guarantees a top 5 pick. If we project that the Saints would be like the 8th pick with Kamara and the 5th pick without, the draft pick points involved adds to the 3rd round pick value.

Because of this unique relationship, I think Kamara is worth our 2nd round pick. Especially when our 2nd round pick is going to almost be a 3rd rounder. Hell, add two 7ths for good measure.

• Haha 3

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Isn't he suspended?

Not yet, but speculation is a suspension is likely coming. 

I think Howie would work that into the deal, like he did with the Bears.

No one is giving a 2nd round pick for a 27 year old RB who has never rushed for 1000 yards, can't stay on the field, and is going to be suspended for 6+ games at some random point in the future (the dope did his crime on video). It makes a bit more sense for the Eagles to possibly consider giving up a 3rd round pick for him due to that 1st round pick math. (compared to other teams who won't offer a 3rd) 

He's also had 2 years out of 6 where he has played better than what Sanders is doing now and the last one was 2020.

Kamara is also due 11, 11.8, and 25 million the next 3 years even if he is dirt cheap for 2022.

There is also the human garbage factor. I don't want him on my team or in Philly.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Would not do.  He has a large contract, starting to pile up injuries which is never great for a RB and the biggest factor is he is in all likelihood facing a suspension next year. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

No one is giving a 2nd round pick for a 27 year old RB who has never rushed for 1000 yards, can't stay on the field

Um...............

Kamara has played in 78 of a possible 88 career games, 88.6 %

Sanders has played in 46 of a possible 55 career games, 83.6%

No, no. Do not want him anywhere near this team's chemistry. Keep him the F away. Also - NO.

If the bar is set at horrible people who can't rush for a ton of yards and is making a ton of money, he's the only option?

• Haha 1

Kamara has a $16 million cap hit next year........which is ridiculous for a RB.......the eagles don't need him.

I don't want Kamara for a number of reasons, but the "he can't rush for 1000 yards" crowd might be the dumbest bunch I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Nope not paying that much for a RB. Also this is in the wrong forum. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, birdman#12 said:

Kamara has a $16 million cap hit next year........which is ridiculous for a RB.......the eagles don't need him.

This part is true even without the cap hit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

Is that a guarantee? Or is it like the Quinn contract?

Like the player. Don't like the contract, injuries, age and suspension.

All in all - i'll pass. If we want a RB, go for Hunt. But RB is a position to go cheap and young.  

5 hours ago, matchew88 said:

I've had an interesting thought about the value of trading for Kamara. This trade is especially unique in that it involves the relationship with the Eagles first round pick with the Saints.

I think on the surface, Kamara is worth a 3rd. But, the Saints without Kamara all but guarantees a top 5 pick. If we project that the Saints would be like the 8th pick with Kamara and the 5th pick without, the draft pick points involved adds to the 3rd round pick value.

Because of this unique relationship, I think Kamara is worth our 2nd round pick. Especially when our 2nd round pick is going to almost be a 3rd rounder. Hell, add two 7ths for good measure.

Eagles will not be trading a first or second round pick for Kamara.

No Saints stuff on his profile. Doubt he is coming here but he may be going somewhere which is good for the Eagles.

There is no bigger loser than the loser who falls to team X and then says in an alternate universe they would have beaten the next team.

You don't exist, brah. You are now less than nothing. Shut up and watch the real teams on TV.

Like there is something broken inside his brain to say that out loud.

I literally can't think of another professional athlete who has ever said the same type of thing.

I’m not giving up a top 100 pick for a 27 year old RB. Kamara is obviously a good player but our run game is great without him. The marginal improvement isn’t worth much IMO.

"We'd beat the s--- out of [the Eagles] cause we was rolling. If we won [versus Minnesota], I knew nobody was gonna stop us cause we came all the way back."

Personally, I want nothing to do with him. I hope he stays a saint his whole career. He can dream about all the success his teams never have. 

• Like 6