The Alvin Kamara Trade Rumors

matchew88

Like Christian I supposed they will simply want way too much for him.

17 minutes ago, JournalistMic said:

Like Christian I supposed they will simply want way too much for him.

Just read they want their 1st rounder back for him LOL

• Haha 5

It would be an exciting trade on face value but one that I don't think would work out. Kamara is a really good player and he'd add a lot to any offense in the league. But he's had health issues and this looming suspension is a concern too.

The Eagles would never fork over a high pick for a RB in the draft, let alone on the open market.  Especially somebody who's facing a suspension or worse.  Kamara is staying where he is.

6 hours ago, St0nedsk8er said:

Just read they want their 1st rounder back for him LOL

D*ckheads 😂

Their fans truly believe he's worth a first (top 15 pick). I hope they keep him and continue to wallow in misery.

Eagles aren’t trying to trade for Alvin Kamara

Posted by Mike Florio on October 28, 2022, 10:55 AM EDT

As the trade deadline approaches, plenty of rumors and speculation will be flying about deals that could be done. There’s currently a rumor making the rounds on social media that the Eagles are trying to trade for Saints running back Alvin Kamara.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, that’s not the case.

It’s unclear how or why this rumor emerged. It’s possible that Kamara’s camp was looking for a way to get the word out that the player is in play, in the hopes that he can move (as James Robinson and Christian McCaffrey did recently) from a losing team to a potential contender.

Still, Kamara is 27. He’s got wear and tear. He’s missed two games this year due to injury. And he’s facing an eventual (likely in 2023) suspension for a brawl that left a man in Las Vegas with allegedly serious injuries.

It’s not clear what the Saints would want for Kamara. Whoever acquires him would inherit a contract with three years remaining, at compensation levels of $11 million in 2023, $11.8 million in 2024, $25 million in 2025. (That final year was added for one reason only — to drive up the total average.)

Will someone make a move for Kamara? Crazier things have happened this year. This month. This week. But if there’s a move to be made, it won’t be the Eagles who end up with Kamara.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/28/eagles-arent-trying-to-trade-for-alvin-kamara/

• Like 2

Are we shopping for runners from the Saints?

I'll take Taysom Hill.

QB #2 who is similar size to Jalen Hurts with similar running ability.

He might be too expensive but sometimes money just doesn't need to be spent.

The Eagles have running backs who are all smaller.  They're performing well,  but there is a very important type of running back the Eagles don't have and that's the "Big Back" or the "Bellcow" or whatever you want to call it.

A Bellcow isn't exactly the same thing as a short yardage or goal line back.   Hurts does a good job at goal line back.  Hard to argue with 600 squat when analyzing if he's powerful enough.   A Bellcow is a Big RB who you hand the ball to a lot of times,  often it's the same guy doing both.  Hurts could run between the tackles 30 times a game.  It's one thing to say, yes, Hurts has the stuff for the occasional short yardage run.  Every short yardage run.  Short yardage runs happen occasionally.  But it's not clear that it's best for Hurts to run 30 times a game.  I'd like it.  It would work.  But there are arguments made about the negative cumulative effects of 30 carries a game.   Because there might possibly be negative cumulative effects of using Hurts as a Bellcow,  the Eagles should get another running guy, RB,   RB/TE/QB, to be the Bellcow when you just want to hand the ball to a big and fast guy over and over.  It's not like teams didn't do that for years effectively.  

Taysom Hill can be that guy,  and a different guy and one or 2 other types of different guys.

Dennis Allen is the Saints HC.  Hill isn't a QB any more apparently.  Allen was the HC of the Raiders the year Terrelle Pryor had his starts at QB.   It seems to be that Allen does not prefer the running QB.  Take Taysom Hill off their hands.  Big, ballcarrier, upgrade at running QB over Minshew and Book. 

RAS Compare - Jalen Hurts v Taysom Hill - https://ras.football/ras-compare/?&p1=18948&p2=14969&pos=QB

Another player to possibly get if it's shopping season is Chargers backup QB Easton Stick.  One reason for that is that Shane knows him from 2 years on the Chargers. 2019-2020. QB coach and OC.   Another reason is that he's on his 4th year, he becomes a free agent after this year,  the Chargers haven't played him except for a short amount in 2020,  so I would have to think that he would be cheap.  A  future 7th,  Stick and a 7th for a 6th. 

RAS Compare - Jalen Hurts v Easton Stick - https://ras.football/ras-compare/?&p1=18948&p2=17371&pos=QB

RAS Compare - Easton Stick v Taysom Hill - https://ras.football/ras-compare/?&p1=17371&p2=14969&pos=QB

Usually teams want their backups to be similar to their starter. When it comes to size,  speed, overall RAS,  these 3 are very similar.   Height ranges from 6010 to 6020,  Weight ranges from 222 to 225

RAS -
Taysom Hill 9.70 - 4.46 40 (9.98 RAS)
Jalen Hurts 9.52 - 1005 Broad (9.86 RAS)
Easton Stick 9.48 - 6.65 3 cone  (9.98 RAS)

I like Hill and Stick more than Minshew and Book.  Not saying Minshew and Book are bad but Hill and Stick are similar to Hurts, almost identical in many ways,  they can do the running Hurts can do.  They are the ones to get to backup Hurts.  Hill has played a number of roles,  Stick hasn't, but physically, he would be able to. 

Physically,   AJ Brown is in that mix, too, interestingly. 
RAS Compare AJ Brown v Taysom Hill - https://ras.football/ras-compare/?&p1=14377&p2=14969&pos=WR

Brown is 226,  Hill 225   Brown RAS 8.71, Hill 8.85.   Brown is quicker, 3 cone, SS, 10 split,  Hill is stronger, jumps, and 20 split and 40 split.  Hill is listed as a TE, he could be a backup for Brown.   You really shouldn't be using Quez or Smith at the End / X spot,  but Hill could and so could the TEs like Jackson.  Also Pascal.

Those would be ones on my shopping list.  Taysom Hill and Easton Stick.  Upgrade at backup QB,  upgrade at big back. 

On 10/27/2022 at 12:49 PM, SkippyX said:

No one is giving a 2nd round pick for a 27 year old RB who has never rushed for 1000 yards, can't stay on the field, and is going to be suspended for 6+ games at some random point in the future (the dope did his crime on video). It makes a bit more sense for the Eagles to possibly consider giving up a 3rd round pick for him due to that 1st round pick math. (compared to other teams who won't offer a 3rd) 

He's also had 2 years out of 6 where he has played better than what Sanders is doing now and the last one was 2020.

Kamara is also due 11, 11.8, and 25 million the next 3 years even if he is dirt cheap for 2022.

There is also the human garbage factor. I don't want him on my team or in Philly.

This! I do want them to go for a back and Kareem Hunt may be available but of course he's also a scumbag with past issues. 😞

On 10/28/2022 at 2:58 PM, Random Reglar said:

Are we shopping for runners from the Saints?

I'll take Taysom Hill.

QB #2 who is similar size to Jalen Hurts with similar running ability.

He might be too expensive but sometimes money just doesn't need to be spent.

The Eagles have running backs who are all smaller.  They're performing well,  but there is a very important type of running back the Eagles don't have and that's the "Big Back" or the "Bellcow" or whatever you want to call it.

A Bellcow isn't exactly the same thing as a short yardage or goal line back.   Hurts does a good job at goal line back.  Hard to argue with 600 squat when analyzing if he's powerful enough.   A Bellcow is a Big RB who you hand the ball to a lot of times,  often it's the same guy doing both.  Hurts could run between the tackles 30 times a game.  It's one thing to say, yes, Hurts has the stuff for the occasional short yardage run.  Every short yardage run.  Short yardage runs happen occasionally.  But it's not clear that it's best for Hurts to run 30 times a game.  I'd like it.  It would work.  But there are arguments made about the negative cumulative effects of 30 carries a game.   Because there might possibly be negative cumulative effects of using Hurts as a Bellcow,  the Eagles should get another running guy, RB,   RB/TE/QB, to be the Bellcow when you just want to hand the ball to a big and fast guy over and over.  It's not like teams didn't do that for years effectively.  

Taysom Hill can be that guy,  and a different guy and one or 2 other types of different guys.

Dennis Allen is the Saints HC.  Hill isn't a QB any more apparently.  Allen was the HC of the Raiders the year Terrelle Pryor had his starts at QB.   It seems to be that Allen does not prefer the running QB.  Take Taysom Hill off their hands.  Big, ballcarrier, upgrade at running QB over Minshew and Book. 

RAS Compare - Jalen Hurts v Taysom Hill - https://ras.football/ras-compare/?&p1=18948&p2=14969&pos=QB

Another player to possibly get if it's shopping season is Chargers backup QB Easton Stick.  One reason for that is that Shane knows him from 2 years on the Chargers. 2019-2020. QB coach and OC.   Another reason is that he's on his 4th year, he becomes a free agent after this year,  the Chargers haven't played him except for a short amount in 2020,  so I would have to think that he would be cheap.  A  future 7th,  Stick and a 7th for a 6th. 

RAS Compare - Jalen Hurts v Easton Stick - https://ras.football/ras-compare/?&p1=18948&p2=17371&pos=QB

RAS Compare - Easton Stick v Taysom Hill - https://ras.football/ras-compare/?&p1=17371&p2=14969&pos=QB

Usually teams want their backups to be similar to their starter. When it comes to size,  speed, overall RAS,  these 3 are very similar.   Height ranges from 6010 to 6020,  Weight ranges from 222 to 225

RAS -
Taysom Hill 9.70 - 4.46 40 (9.98 RAS)
Jalen Hurts 9.52 - 1005 Broad (9.86 RAS)
Easton Stick 9.48 - 6.65 3 cone  (9.98 RAS)

I like Hill and Stick more than Minshew and Book.  Not saying Minshew and Book are bad but Hill and Stick are similar to Hurts, almost identical in many ways,  they can do the running Hurts can do.  They are the ones to get to backup Hurts.  Hill has played a number of roles,  Stick hasn't, but physically, he would be able to. 

Physically,   AJ Brown is in that mix, too, interestingly. 
RAS Compare AJ Brown v Taysom Hill - https://ras.football/ras-compare/?&p1=14377&p2=14969&pos=WR

Brown is 226,  Hill 225   Brown RAS 8.71, Hill 8.85.   Brown is quicker, 3 cone, SS, 10 split,  Hill is stronger, jumps, and 20 split and 40 split.  Hill is listed as a TE, he could be a backup for Brown.   You really shouldn't be using Quez or Smith at the End / X spot,  but Hill could and so could the TEs like Jackson.  Also Pascal.

Those would be ones on my shopping list.  Taysom Hill and Easton Stick.  Upgrade at backup QB,  upgrade at big back. 

You and this obsession with running QBs 

On 10/27/2022 at 4:32 PM, ilikepargo said:

This part is true even without the cap hit.

Not him but i believe we need better quality RB behind Sanders for this run. Especially for the playoffs.

1 minute ago, EagleMatt said:

Not him but i believe we need better quality RB behind Sanders for this run. Especially for the playoffs.

This.  Sanders is the 1. But, everyone behind him is WAY behind him. 

• Like 1

When you hear the Eagles are involved you can bet it won’t happen. Then you will hear the "Eagles almost got it done stories or the Eagles were interested, but changed their minds” or something to that effect. The Eagles don’t make these moves. The Eagles don’t lose trades. 

21 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Put Eagles in your rumor and watch you go viral. 

Might give up a 3 to rent him for the rest of the year.  If healthy he could help put us over the top

No. 
Interesting, but a defiant NO. 

In fact,  just stop. 

Did I mention No!?!  NO!

4 hours ago, weko said:

Might give up a 3 to rent him for the rest of the year.  If healthy he could help put us over the top

Not worth a 3. The Eagles need a backup safety more than a running back controversy with injury and suspension issues. This is the kind of guy who could mess up the locker room chemistry. 

if Las Vegas keeps loosing how about JOsh Jacobs? 

I dont know any cap situation

Anybody who's been following the Eagles knows they keep their cards close to their chest and would never leak out prospective trade targets.

• Like 1