Jordan Davis injury - UPDATED - could be back for Titans game

Procus

We've all seen how necessary having depth is when making a super bowl run.  The eagles have good depth at defensive tackle.  

Injuries are the one thing that could derail the season if they come in bunches.  

They just need to make sure he works on his conditioning and doesn't gain 50 pounds while he's out.  Otherwise, this will all be fine.

Did anyone actually report 4-6 weeks, or is this just fans speculating?

2 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

We've all seen how necessary having depth is when making a super bowl run.  The eagles have good depth at defensive tackle.  

Injuries are the one thing that could derail the season if they come in bunches.  

Yes - but opponents saw last year and in the Detroit game this year, that you can run against the Eagles without Davis in the game.  I’d hate to face the cowboys and Giants with Zeke, Pollard and Saquan in December and beyond without him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, eggs said:

Yes - but opponents saw last year and in the Detroit game this year, that you can run against the Eagles without Davis in the game.  I’d hate to face the cowboys and Giants with Zeke, Pollard and Saquan in December and beyond without him.

And the Titans

• Like 1

Bummed for him because he was showing game to game improvement. Also, with his weight and body, being dormant isn't good for conditioning. I'd take a run at Suh, but he's a known lockeroom disruptor. 

Who else is available?

2 hours ago, eggs said:

Davis injury sure makes it more challenging.....but I think Gannen has to address this with personnel and scheme also.  With or without Davis, the eagles shouldn't be giving up this kind of yardage on the ground.  

And, like you said, the eagles face some really good ground games in the coming games, especially if they don't jump out into the lead.

• Like 1

I am so thankful that it was only an ankle injury, he will be healthy and ready to play for the Playoffs!  Honestly I would just let his ankle heal for 7 weeks.

• Like 3

I realize he's a bigger guy but there is no way he is missing 6 weeks with a high ankle sprain. Jonathan Taylor and David Montgomery both recently had them and only missed 1 or 2 games. Davis will probably miss 2 or 3 games unless there was structural damage.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

I realize he's a bigger guy but there is no way he is missing 6 weeks with a high ankle sprain. Jonathan Taylor and David Montgomery both recently had them and only missed 1 or 2 games. Davis will probably miss 2 or 3 games unless there was structural damage.

They won't rush him back. Should be ready for GB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Portyansky said:

They won't rush him back. Should be ready for GB.

And nor should they. He's been a good player in his rookie year but the team need to think about getting him back to full health and getting ready for the play offs. 

• Like 4

On 10/31/2022 at 9:27 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

Did anyone actually report 4-6 weeks, or is this just fans speculating?

I think the reports were more in the nature of an injury like this is typically a 4-6 week recovery time.  I haven't seen anything concrete

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Procus said:

I think the reports were more in the nature of an injury like this is typically a 4-6 week recovery time.  I haven't seen anything concrete

I think not hearing anything about this is actually good news.  Maybe 4 weeks or shorter?

Don't rush it, make sure he's ready for the end of season & playoffs. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I think not hearing anything about this is actually good news.  Maybe 4 weeks or shorter?

Or they are getting a second opinion about surgery 

5 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

The Eagles under Siri are very tight lipped about injuries.  To me, the good news is that the team didn't trade for a defensive tackle before the deadline.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And nor should they. He's been a good player in his rookie year but the team need to think about getting him back to full health and getting ready for the play offs. 

Isn't there some sort of "rookie wall" where they just aren't used to playing 17 games?

Would Davis being out count against that rookie wall?  As in,  being injured might ultimately result in more in the tank for the playoffs?

8 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

Isn't there some sort of "rookie wall" where they just aren't used to playing 17 games?

Would Davis being out count against that rookie wall?  As in,  being injured might ultimately result in more in the tank for the playoffs?

I think you're over-thinking this.

It's an injury. An injury is a setback. Fortunately, the recovery timetable is less time than the remaining season. 

Not good - the big guy was placed on injured reserve.  He's out at least 4 weeks.

12 minutes ago, Procus said:

Not good - the big guy was placed on injured reserve.  He's out at least 4 weeks.

So he's gotta miss at least 6 weeks? 

32 minutes ago, Procus said:

Well, that's certainly a statement about his injury... isn't it?

On 10/31/2022 at 12:12 PM, seengreen said:

Bummed for him because he was showing game to game improvement. Also, with his weight and body, being dormant isn't good for conditioning. I'd take a run at Suh, but he's a known lockeroom disruptor. 

Who else is available?

Meh we still have a pretty strong 4-man rotation at the position. Davis was only playing what like 35% of the snaps. Milton Williams and Tuliloopilui can absorb most of that.

On 10/30/2022 at 5:14 PM, Procus said:

JD is a unicorn.  Eagles have enough trouble stopping the run.  I hope he'll be okay.

Very true.. however we have no idea what the run D would look like with Quinn at D-end and BG playing inside. BG has always been great vs the run. Will it be like having Davis in there... no.. but maybe it won't be horrible.