Philadelphia Eagles at Houston Texans - TNF

JournalistMic

9 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

I live in Houston and taking son (Texans fan)  I've only been to one other Eagles game in Dallas since I moved from South Jersey 10 years ago. 

Have fun mate.  Unfortunately for your son, the Texans are getting smacked.  Guessing #23 comes up with another pick and then trash talks some more.  He was giving it to Pickens pretty good.

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2022 at 3:58 PM, EazyEaglez said:

This is the perfect time to have the short week coming off the bye week. Still being fresh they get extended time off after the game. I don’t see much of a reason why the Eagles would lose to the Texans. Anything can happen each week sure, but the Eagles are the more talented football team and the Texans have no real motivation to get up to play the Eagles other than wanting to end their undefeated streak. Feels like a 35-13 kind of game. 

I do not see Eagles giving up a touchdown. Most likely Texans will kick several field goals. So more Like 42-9.

12 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Mine still shows eagles on fox and Phillies on mynetworktv and espn2

What you are seeing is incorrect.  Here's the channel lineup for Thursday night:

*Eagles: WPHL Channel 17 in Philadelphia, Amazon Prime/Twitch everywhere

*Phillies: WTXF Channel 29 in Philadelphia, Fox over-the-air network everywhere in the U.S.

With the Eagles making a relatively long trip on a short week, I expect this game will not be a blowout but the Eagles to still win by 10-14 points, say 20-10 or 24-10.

• Like 1

Ugh, this Eagles/Phillies schedule conflict really sucks.  Normally I wouldn't have an issue; I'd simply stream the Eagles game on the computer and put the Phillies on the TV.  But I'm actually attending Game 5 of the World Series, so obviously I won't be able to watch most of the Eagles game.  I did download the Twitch app and will check in periodically during half inning breaks.

13 minutes ago, CHIP72 said:

What you are seeing is incorrect.  Here's the channel lineup for Thursday night:

*Eagles: WPHL Channel 17 in Philadelphia, Amazon Prime/Twitch everywhere

*Phillies: WTXF Channel 29 in Philadelphia, Fox over-the-air network everywhere in the U.S.

Well I just checked and it's still showing that today. So I guess we shall see. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well I just checked and it's still showing that today. So I guess we shall see. 

Your guide is incorrect, just follow what I said above.

Here's the announcement about the Eagles/Texans game on the WPHL Channel 17 website: https://phl17.com/phl17-info/eagles-vs-texans-thursday-8pm-on-phl17/

Here's a link to the WTXF Channel 29 program guide page (switch the time to 8 PM to see the game listed): https://www.fox29.com/whatsonfox

3 minutes ago, CHIP72 said:

Your guide is incorrect, just follow what I said above.

Here's the announcement about the Eagles/Texans game on the WPHL Channel 17 website: https://phl17.com/phl17-info/eagles-vs-texans-thursday-8pm-on-phl17/

Here's a link to the WTXF Channel 29 program guide page (switch the time to 8 PM to see the game listed): https://www.fox29.com/whatsonfox

Well then I guess I'm missing the eagles game

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well then I guess I'm missing the eagles game

If you don't get WPHL Channel 17, Twitch is a free streaming website.  I've watched parts of some of the recent Thursday night games through that site.  The stream quality has been fine.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CHIP72 said:

If you don't get WPHL Channel 17, Twitch is a free streaming website.  I've watched parts of some of the recent Thursday night games through that site.  The stream quality has been fine.

Ok I'll give that a try thank you

17 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

I do not see Eagles giving up a touchdown. Most likely Texans will kick several field goals. So more Like 42-9.

Maybe a return mistake? In any case I see a win barring some catastrophic injury. 

To me, looks as though the team misses Jordan Davis more than we realized it would. 

I don't like the way the Eagles have been playing the past 2 road games.  Won a squeaker in Zona only because of a Kyler Murray brain fart, and letting a putrid Texans team stick around.  All this 18-0 talk is going to the team's head.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Maybe a return mistake? In any case I see a win barring some catastrophic injury. 

We got taken to the shed in Texas. Came in as invincible, and left clawing for every yard by the end of the game. Any Given Sunday is still Valid. Like many commentators said, No One expected Texans to perform this well considering their previous game. The great news is we still Won, and now we have a week and a half to adjust. Texans showed other teams that they can run on us, and that is precisely what I expect in the next several Games them to try. Gannon better come up with stop the run scheme.

• Like 1

I'm not sure where people are getting the idea the Texans exposed the Eagles' run defense.  The Eagles' run defense has been soft in various games so far this year and is the biggest weakness outside of the special teams return and coverage units.

On 11/1/2022 at 1:52 PM, Big___Al said:

Statistics such as total yards are rendered somewhat meaningless due to the byes. Better metric would be yards per game. And, of course the Eagles should win handily, but I'm not sure how they get 42 points if they run the ball the whole game as you suggest.

I guess I went a bit too homer with my prediction of 42 points, yet the Eagles did win 29-17.

The Eagles ran for 143 yards and 2 rushing Touchdowns against the Texans but only on 31 total attempts for an average of 4.6 yards per carry. 

23 hours ago, JournalistMic said:

I guess I went a bit too homer with my prediction of 42 points, yet the Eagles did win 29-17.

The Eagles ran for 143 yards and 2 rushing Touchdowns against the Texans but only on 31 total attempts for an average of 4.6 yards per carry. 

Not far off though. Good job!

• Like 1