2022 ESPN Playoff Machine

VaBeach_Eagle

5 hours ago, paco said:

Need to get the Commanders in that 7th spot

Why would you want a division rival to get that spot? They're usually toughest opponents. And did you see what Commanders did to Eagles last week?

14 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Why would you want a division rival to get that spot? They're usually toughest opponents. And did you see what Commanders did to Eagles last week?

Personally I’d take my chance with commanders vs niners who have players, including garapollo,  that have made deeps playoff runs including a super bowl appearance. 

On 11/21/2022 at 10:59 PM, wrestlevessel said:

Vikings would eliminate the Skins anyway.

Yeah, because Cousins is known for being a great playoff QB….

17 hours ago, nipples said:

Yeah, because Cousins is known for being a great playoff QB….

Skins last playoff win was what? 2005?

I am worried Cowgirls are going to beat us out for the division. That would be awful if we finish 14-3 and lose the division.

17 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

I am worried Cowgirls are going to beat us out for the division. That would be awful if we finish 14-3 and lose the division.

2020 and prior to that 2015. 

Pederson’s last game (2020) helped them win division; if eagles had won it would’ve been giants. 

6 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

Well maybe if they didn’t have Kirk Cousins at QB for so long they’d have won some…

Cousins has a 1-3 playoff record  

10 hours ago, pisceschica said:

2020 and prior to that 2015. 

Pederson’s last game (2020) helped them win division; if eagles had won it would’ve been giants. 

You didn't read my post carefully. I said last playoff win. Not division title.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

This one has us already clinching a playoff spot, though I don't think we actually have at this point. 

I think we can all agree this isn't last year where we were trying to use differential and integral calculus to try and figure out if we can make the playoffs......that's a foregone conclusion.  Now....it's can the Eagles win (or Cowboys an Vikings lose) enough to get the #1 seed which seems really important this year in a wide open NFC.  

1 hour ago, Seventy_Yard_FG said:

would be weird to have the whole division in the playoffs

Seahawks edge out the Giants or Skins for the last spot

Looks like we have 4 teams fighting for the last 2 spots:

Giants, Skins, Seahawks, and an outside chance the Lions get in.

2 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

Don't forget that there are four teams still fighting for the NFC South.

3 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Don't forget that there are four teams still fighting for the NFC South.

I'm pretty sure Bucs have this division unless Panthers can beat them a second time.

This one is mine:

https://tinyurl.com/yc3r8h6s

This has the JAGUARS actually WINNING the AFC South at 9-8 and the Lions actually having a chance at the playoffs after starting 1-6 against the Packers but losing and with that, ALL FOUR NFC East teams in the postseason. 

Also the Falcons running the table and winning the NFC South at 9-8. 

1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

This one is mine:

Just quickly clicking the team that I think will win, without a great deal of thought on each click, this is My Final 4 Weeks:

I don't know if we'll lose one of the final 4 or not, but I can't bring myself to click a loss. If it happens in Dallas, we'll win the other 3. So nothing would really change for us as far as seeding. 

8 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

2 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

This one is mine:

This has the JAGUARS actually WINNING the AFC South at 9-8 and the Lions actually having a chance at the playoffs after starting 1-6 against the Packers but losing and with that, ALL FOUR NFC East teams in the postseason. 

Also the Falcons running the table and winning the NFC South at 9-8. 

Giants-Commanders tie could end up hurting Lions because they had tiebreaker over both of them. Another tie between them would be good for Lions because let's say Lions finish 9-8 and Giants and/or Commanders finish 8-7-2, Lions would get in Playoffs over them both.

2 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Giants-Commanders tie could end up hurting Lions because they had tiebreaker over both of them. Another tie between them would be good for Lions because let's say Lions finish 9-8 and Giants and/or Commanders finish 8-7-2, Lions would get in Playoffs over them both.

Especially since I have the Eagles beating the Cowboys and now actually winning the NFC East and clinching the #1 seed in that game, their Week 18 game with the Giants could be totally meaningless to them (as could the Week 17 game with the Saints that could have NFC South playoff implications). 

I also have the Jags beating the Cowboys next week (why I also have them running the table and winning the NFC South at 9-8) and it's even possible the Eagles have the #1 seed in the NFC wrapped up BEFORE they play the Cowboys in Week 16.  

17 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Especially since I have the Eagles beating the Cowboys and now actually winning the NFC East and clinching the #1 seed in that game, their Week 18 game with the Giants could be totally meaningless to them (as could the Week 17 game with the Saints that could have NFC South playoff implications). 

I also have the Jags beating the Cowboys next week (why I also have them running the table and winning the NFC South at 9-8) and it's even possible the Eagles have the #1 seed in the NFC wrapped up BEFORE they play the Cowboys in Week 16.  

It’s not possible for the Eagles to have it clinched before playing the Cowboys. Even if we win next week and they lose, Dallas can still win the division by winning their last three if the Eagles lose their last three.

2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

It’s not possible for the Eagles to have it clinched before playing the Cowboys. Even if we win next week and they lose, Dallas can still win the division by winning their last three if the Eagles lose their last three.

Thanks for the correction.  It certainly helps though if the Eagles beat the Bears because then even if they TIE the Cowboys they clinch the NFC East since they would be 1-0-1 in that scenario against Dallas. 

13 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I read winning this week has zero impact to be us locking everything up by beating Dallas right?

Edit: No.  If Minnesota wins out and we ONLY beat Dallas, they are the #1 seed and we are #2.

Archived