Justin Jefferson (LSU WR) -- DRAFTED BY MINNESOTA #22

Iggles_Phan

13 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Jefferson is one of those solid players that will be a good player for many many years. He won;t be that play maker or superstar that will make your jaw drop but hes consistent. He is a safe pick that will get you production for many years. 

If you had to bet on a WR in this class having multiple 90+ catch seasons in the NFL, my guess is Jefferson wins that poll.

19 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And some teams will take that safe pick that will be productive for many years.

We could only be luck if we are one of them teams. To me yes we can land a nice player this draft, but if its not one of the top 4 WRs, Im not thrilled. Yes we could get a nice decent WR in the late first, or Murray and they could turn out very good. But I want Wentz to get weapons. The best defense is a elite offense. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

If you had to bet on a WR in this class having multiple 90+ catch seasons in the NFL, my guess is Jefferson wins that poll.

Ok, but of the three big stats for WR (rec, yards and TD), I would argue that receptions are the least important. 

Take that same poll asking which receiver in the draft will average the most yards and TDs in a season, and the results would be very different. 

• Like 1

If you look at some of the player comps for Justin Jefferson you'll see guys like Greg Jennings, Marvin Jones, and Tyler Boyd listed.

Not the sexiest of names and not someone I would trade up for into the top 20, but I read somewhere that the Eagles think he could be a "Keenan Allen" type-player, which would probably be the reason why trading up for Jefferson is even a consideration in the first place, because Allen is certainly a tier above the three aforementioned WRs.

At 21 or lower, I wouldn't be opposed to the selection given the boom-or-bust nature of some of the alternative choices at that spot.