Week 11 Discussion

GroundAttack

32 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Wasn't DALL V MINN originally a SNF game? I'm sure they're glad it was moved up 

Nope. The original SNF game was Cincinnati at Pittsburgh.

Okay, so the Vikings losing puts us a game up on them with a tiebreak. That's cool and all, and I understand why there were some Eagles fans who thought it was better if the Cowboys win. Ultimately they may be right.

But here's what bothers me about Dallas winning. If they win out from here, they finish 14-3. Which means we would have to win every one of our games excluding the Dallas game to win the division. If we split, they get the tiebreak. I think winning the division should be your first priority before you worry about seeding. That's why I wanted the Cowboys to lose.

Fortunately they have a tendency to lay eggs on Thanksgiving.

This is the true half way point of the season (if you count the playoffs).  Tons of football left to go and still too early to be sweating over destiny control scenarios.

On 11/20/2022 at 8:20 PM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

But here's what bothers me about Dallas winning. If they win out from here, they finish 14-3. Which means we would have to win every one of our games excluding the Dallas game to win the division. If we split, they get the tiebreak. I think winning the division should be your first priority before you worry about seeding. That's why I wanted the Cowboys to lose.

Fortunately they have a tendency to lay eggs on Thanksgiving.

The Eagles/Cowboys tiebreaker depends where the other Eagles loss comes from. It could come down to common games and strength of victory... Anyway the scenario favors the Cowboys but it's not completely set.

However, a Giants victory over the Cowboys on Thanksgiving puts the Giants in control of their own destiny with both games left against the Eagles. The Giants can clinch the division by winning out.

Anyway, it's all too soon to figure out. The Eagles need to take care of their own business.

6 hours ago, toolg said:

The Eagles/Cowboys tiebreaker depends where the other Eagles loss comes from. It could come down to common games and strength of victory... Anyway the scenario favors the Cowboys but it's not completely set.

If the Cowboys go 14-3 (not likely, just as a mathematical exercise), and we go 14-3, Dallas wins the division no matter what. Because that would mean that Dallas split with us and swept the four games against the Giants and Washington. Meanwhile, we lost to Washington, so the Turds win the tiebreak on division record.

Archived